Wilder Fury 300k PPV Buys

Alright still could do better

You mean it should be better, I agree.

But GGG vs Lemieux, or GGG vs Jacobs had more marketing power in years than Wilder or Fury, or about equal.

Most of GGG fan videos on YouTube before Lemieux had 1 million plus views, numerous videos, of GGG beating nobodies. So we got 96k-150k from GGG.

That's very good in my opinion, good solid numbers, and also it was not disappointing at all, it was a really good fight and the rematch could even do double, it would not surprise me.

if jones-osp wasn't a UFC fight it wouldn't sell 100k buys. UFC fighters operate within a brand that both legitimizes them and brings a regular hardcore fan base. Boxers don't have that luxury, they put asses in seats based almost solely on their individual popularity.

Good point. The UFC markets itself a brand which gives it a baseline of support, people that will buy an event purely because it says "UFC" on it. The Chuck/Tito fight just now doing 40k, as well as Bellator, Affliction etc pretty much bombing on PPV, says it all.

Don't the brits get the PPVs for free?

The equivalent of about $25 for big fights.

almost reached the 2.5 million that Wilder predicted and smashed the 1 million target that gets them a 50/50 split with AJ

It is?
Hah, jesus fucking christ.
Only other fighters that could better that is Canelo, maybe AJ if fighting a top guy, and maybe a Spence Crawford fight. Boxing is UFC S bitch in terms off ppv.. a shitty to average UFC ppv does 300 k. N no boxer other than Floyd can do Conor numbers.

Not true.
The UFC has had 11 PPVs so far in 2018 and 7 of them did 300k or less. Hell, other than the Khabib-McGregor card, none have done more than 380k.

UFC 229 = 2.4M (Khabib-Some Irish Guy)
UFC 220 = 380k (Miocic-N'Gannou)
UFC 226 = 380k (Miocic-DC)
UFC 223 = 350k (Khabib-Iaquinta)
UFC 227 = 300k (TJ-Cody 2)
UFC 222 = 260k (Cyborg-Kunitskaya)
UFC 230 = 250k (DC-Lewis)
UFC 225 = 250k (Whittaker-Romero 2)
UFC 228 = 130k (Woodley-Till)
UFC 221 = 130k (Romero-Rockhold)
UFC 224 = 85k (Nunes-Pennington)

So a "shitty to average UFC PPV" does somewhere around 130k (I'd say <100k for the "shit", >100k for "average"). A good card does about 250k, and a great card does around 350k.
I used to split the cost of every UFC ppv with a friend, but the second Wonderboy/Woodley fight put an end to that. I haven’t ordered since and won’t again. I’m more than happy watching Bellator and Combate Americas on DAZN, and One on YouTube. Combate Americas is actually my favourite org at the moment. They’re a lot of fun.

almost reached the 2.5 million that Wilder predicted and smashed the 1 million target that gets them a 50/50 split with AJ

Where did you hear that?

I think 320K buys is pretty good for Wilder vs Fury. That should mean that Hearn is willing to go to something around a 40/60 for Wilder. This is good news for negotiations as Deontay seems to be really stuck on getting 50/50 which I fear will prevent the fight from happening.

Where did you hear that?

I think 320K buys is pretty good for Wilder vs Fury. That should mean that Hearn is willing to go to something around a 40/60 for Wilder. This is good news for negotiations as Deontay seems to be really stuck on getting 50/50 which I fear will prevent the fight from happening.
Wilder said his part in an interview, and Hearn very publicly offered a 50/50 split if the PPV did a million buys

About the numbers i expected.
Not true.
The UFC has had 11 PPVs so far in 2018 and 7 of them did 300k or less. Hell, other than the Khabib-McGregor card, none have done more than 380k.

UFC 229 = 2.4M (Khabib-Some Irish Guy)
UFC 220 = 380k (Miocic-N'Gannou)
UFC 226 = 380k (Miocic-DC)
UFC 223 = 350k (Khabib-Iaquinta)
UFC 227 = 300k (TJ-Cody 2)
UFC 222 = 260k (Cyborg-Kunitskaya)
UFC 230 = 250k (DC-Lewis)
UFC 225 = 250k (Whittaker-Romero 2)
UFC 228 = 130k (Woodley-Till)
UFC 221 = 130k (Romero-Rockhold)
UFC 224 = 85k (Nunes-Pennington)

So a "shitty to average UFC PPV" does somewhere around 130k (I'd say <100k for the "shit", >100k for "average"). A good card does about 250k, and a great card does around 350k.
Most MMA fans don't know how bad UFC has actually declined. They still think its 2010. LoL.

Only other fighters that could better that is Canelo, maybe AJ if fighting a top guy, and maybe a Spence Crawford fight. Boxing is UFC S bitch in terms off ppv.. a shitty to average UFC ppv does 300 k. N no boxer other than Floyd can do Conor numbers.
Wilder and Fury are making millions each from this. A UFC PPV doing 320 K would have the main eventers make a fraction of that while the UFC management takes most of it.

Only 3 out of around 15 UFC PPVs broke 300K this year. PPV is a dying medium outside of genuinely massive events. Other than Khabib/Conor, these events also had much less global appeal than Fury/Wilder. A Fury/Wilder rematch likely sells better than any fight in MMA not involving McGregor (maybe Cormier/Jones 3 could match it) just in terms of US domestic PPV (and it would do considerably better outside of the US than any UFC fight which doesn't involve McGregor).

Back