Wilder Challenges Joshua to Fight Him November 11 in Las Vegas

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Deontay Wilder issued a challenge to Anthony Joshua through his Instagram account Thursday night.

In the video directed at Joshua and promoter Eddie Hearn, Wilder said he is willing to face Joshua in what would be a huge heavyweight championship unification fight November 11 in Las Vegas. England’s Joshua (19-0, 19 KOs) thought he was headed toward a rematch with Wladimir Klitschko that night at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, but the 41-year-old Klitschko (64-5, 53 KOs) announced his retirement Thursday.

Hearn said he expects Joshua to instead make a mandatory defense of his IBF heavyweight title against Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev (25-1, 13 KOs) on October 28 or November 11, probably at Principality Stadium in Cardiff Wales. Handlers for Wilder, meanwhile, are trying to finalize a November 4 fight against Cuban contender Luis Ortiz (27-0, 23 KOs, 2 NC) at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

wilder-joshua_8.jpg

WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman said Wednesday that the Mexico City-based sanctioning organization is trying to work out an arrangement with Canada’s Bermane Stiverne (25-2-1, 21 KOs), Wilder’s mandatory challenger, that would allow Wilder to face Ortiz next.

Wilder (38-0, 37 KOs), of Tuscaloosa, Alabama, beat Stiverne by unanimous decision to win the WBC title in January 2015. Due to the one-sided nature of their first fight in Las Vegas, television executives haven’t expressed much interest in airing their rematch.

Wilder said during the video, however, that he is sure sanctioning bodies would allow him and Joshua to delay making mandatory defenses if they were willing to fight each other next.

“Eddie, I know y’all wasn’t expecting Klistchko to retire like this, man,” Wilder said. “Sh*t, he had all of us guessing, really. But don’t go pulling your hair out, weeping and moaning. You know, we still can have this day going on. Listen, you once tried to sick your little poodle, Tony Bellew, on me, until you realized my bite is as big as my bark. Then you tried to lend me your little black spare tire, Dillian Whyte, knowing that after usage, I wouldn’t even gain a yard.

Id like to see the Ortiz fight but Id be more than happy to see these two go at it now.

They should get it done.

He knows full well that Joshua has to face a mandatory next or he will lose a belt. He needs to stop calling out a fight he knows can't happen and focus on getting a legitimate fight signed. I want to see a proper unification fight, fight someone with a pulse, Joshua will take care of his duties, then fight for the crown.

He turned down a career high pay day against Whyte because apparently that fight would do nothing for him, but he was ready and willing to fight Tony fucking Bellew, a former light heavyweight. He needs to stop with the games and just fucking take a good fight.

So he challenges Joshua to a unification fight the day after both the wba and ibf insist that joshua has to fight their respective number 1 contenders next, or relinquish their belt! Embarrassing and desperate from wilder

He knows full well that Joshua has to face a mandatory next or he will lose a belt. He needs to stop calling out a fight he knows can't happen and focus on getting a legitimate fight signed. I want to see a proper unification fight, fight someone with a pulse, Joshua will take care of his duties, then fight for the crown.

He turned down a career high pay day against Whyte because apparently that fight would do nothing for him, but he was ready and willing to fight Tony fucking Bellew, a former light heavyweight. He needs to stop with the games and just fucking take a good fight.

Hearn called him out on exactly that. Saying Wilder will call AJ out, knowing that he will defends vs his mandatory(s) first.... all the meanwhile, Wilder doesn't fight, and Joshua does. If Wilder went to England to fight Whyte, would def make the AJ fight that much bigger. Instead he just talk on social media, and live off the hype of the Stiverne win from 3 years ago. *yawn*

Hopefully it will end up happening at some point. But I would see it ending with Joshua giving Wilder a proper beatdown

Hearn called him out on exactly that. Saying Wilder will call AJ out, knowing that he will defends vs his mandatory(s) first.... all the meanwhile, Wilder doesn't fight, and Joshua does. If Wilder went to England to fight Whyte, would def make the AJ fight that much bigger. Instead he just talk on social media, and live off the hype of the Stiverne win from 3 years ago. *yawn*

Yep.

As good as a fight it is, it's not like people are desperate to see it. Pretty much everyone is happy with clearing out the mandatories first, then having a huge unification for all the belts. Having the fight in November would cheapen the whole thing, and you'd still have guys like Ortiz and Parker sniffing around claiming that they are being ducked.

I have no issue with him turning down Whyte as long as he gets in there with someone clearly better than him, if he goes back to Alabama to fight another contender whilst claiming AJ is ducking him, he can fuck off. He doesn't fancy that fight for whatever reason, but he did fancy the Bellew fight.

it might be not the right time for AJ to face Wilder, but i'm looking forward for this fight to happen. Much better then the Klitschko rematch

Beating Wilder>those belts

Yep.

As good as a fight it is, it's not like people are desperate to see it. Pretty much everyone is happy with clearing out the mandatories first, then having a huge unification for all the belts. Having the fight in November would cheapen the whole thing, and you'd still have guys like Ortiz and Parker sniffing around claiming that they are being ducked.

I have no issue with him turning down Whyte as long as he gets in there with someone clearly better than him, if he goes back to Alabama to fight another contender whilst claiming AJ is ducking him, he can fuck off. He doesn't fancy that fight for whatever reason, but he did fancy the Bellew fight.
So now were going to complain about Wilder wanting to get in the ring with AJ sooner than later....?

Theres just no pleasing some of you. It doesnt matter what he does.

So now were going to complain about Wilder wanting to get in the ring with AJ sooner than later....?

Theres just no pleasing some of you. It doesnt matter what he does.

Stop with the bullshit, you know exactly what's going on.

We want Wilder to have a legitimate fight, not call out someone who HE KNOWS FOR A FACT, cannot fight him. Pulev was already given a signed agreement that as a mandatory, he would be the next fight if the Wlad fight didn't happen. We know this, Wilder knows this.

If this was anyone else doing this, you'd call it out. The AJ fight is 1-2 fights away from him, stop hiding and get in the ring against one of the top guys and make sure your there when AJ clears his mandatory out of the way.

Calling out someone to fight on a date that you know they cannot legally fulfil is stupid, and there's no real argument you can make to change that. If AJ was available and ready to fight then yeah, but he's not.

Stop with the bullshit, you know exactly what's going on.

We want Wilder to have a legitimate fight, not call out someone who HE KNOWS FOR A FACT, cannot fight him. Pulev was already given a signed agreement that as a mandatory, he would be the next fight if the Wlad fight didn't happen. We know this, Wilder knows this.

If this was anyone else doing this, you'd call it out. The AJ fight is 1-2 fights away from him, stop hiding and get in the ring against one of the top guys and make sure your there when AJ clears his mandatory out of the way.

Calling out someone to fight on a date that you know they cannot legally fulfil is stupid, and there's no real argument you can make to change that. If AJ was available and ready to fight then yeah, but he's not.
People take step aside deals all the time. It isnt new.

Beating Wilder>those belts

Why not beat up another top ranked guy first and then beat Wilder for ALL the belts in an actual unification?

There's also the small issue that AJ is legally mandated to defend his belt to the mandatory, but whatever BOMBBB SQUAD or some shit....

You're not making sense.

People take step aside deals all the time. It isnt new.

Tell that to the IBF, who regularly refuse to curtail mandatories, regardless of step a side money. They've spoken clearly, no unifacations until the mandatory is fulfilled.

Everyone else see's this for what is is apart from you. Why such a rush trying to get people to step a side and potentially get into legal battles, when they could literally fight for all the belts 1 fight later when they'd both have better resumes and an outright claim to best the best in the division?

He was trying to fight Povetkin and Ortiz, right?

Yep, and thus far neither have happened. Not saying it's his fault, but it doesn't change the fact that calling out a guy who you know can't fight you yet can't be taken seriously. His priority should be signing and getting in the ring with one of the top guys.

He was also trying to fight Tony Bellew, a former light heavyweight, while claiming a top ranked contender that would massively hype the Joshua fight 'does nothing for him'.

I dont want to see it just yet. Both fighters need to build their names up a little more before facing each because what happens if they do fight in November and lets say AJ wins then goes on to beat everyone else? Then what? These divisions and the fighters need to grow and timing is everything. Not just for money but the sports/fighters popularity. The Pacquiao/Mayweather fight took too long but the Canelo/GGG fight is good timing. If they fought last year it wouldn't of been as big this year.

For example I like this idea. Lets say Crawford beats Indongo moves up to face some good welterweights whilst on the other side Spence carry's on dominating the division. In a couple years we might be able to get a big Crawford vs Spence match up similar to a Ray Leonard vs Hagler match up. If Crawford moved up next fight and fought Spence straight away its seems rushed and wont get the attention it deserves because both fighters haven't been built up enough.

Fans want to see Wilder vs Joshua but the demand is not as big just yet. I say let Wilder have a few fights in the UK to get some of the British talking about Wilder/AJ and have AJ fight in the US to do the same with the Americans.

Wilder is going to end up with Washington and Stiverne as his fights in 2017...and that's a banner year for him.

Wilder is going to end up with Washington and Stiverne as his fights in 2017...and that's a banner year for him.

wilder tried to fight povetkin...in russia. flew to moscow so not some bullshit erislandry lara calling out gennady golovkin crap while digging through recycled garbage cans looking for his next opponent

no way to question deontay wanting to fight joshua as there is absolutely nothing to indicate that he isnt

Why not beat up another top ranked guy first and then beat Wilder for ALL the belts in an actual unification?

There's also the small issue that AJ is legally mandated to defend his belt to the mandatory, but whatever BOMBBB SQUAD or some shit....

You're not making sense.
Bullshit.

Handful of you bitch and moan about Wilder not fighting anyone. Hes trying to fight the best and youre still bitching and moaning. Just lol if you think they cant actually make this happen right now.

Folks claim he ducks top competition and now its "oh no dont rush it".

Im fine and happy with either scenario. But pick which side you want to argue. Either claim hes ducking top fights or stop crying about him trying to pursue them. It literally cannot be both.
Dont use logic. Povetkin got popped which is Wilder's fault. We all know he set Povetkin up and then ducked the fight. I also hear hes scared to travel.

You can take this to the bank: All these cats who have claimed Ortiz would kill him all along with flip the script and claim Ortiz was an overrated bum if Wilder wins.

Back