Wilder Challenges Joshua to Fight Him November 11 in Las Vegas

Bullshit.

Handful of you bitch and moan about Wilder not fighting anyone. Hes trying to fight the best and youre still bitching and moaning. Just lol if you think they cant actually make this happen right now.

Folks claim he ducks top competition and now its "oh no dont rush it".

Im fine and happy with either scenario. But pick which side you want to argue. Either claim hes ducking top fights or stop crying about him trying to pursue them. It literally cannot be both.

Dont use logic. Povetkin got popped which is Wilder's fault. We all know he set Povetkin up and then ducked the fight. I also hear hes scared to travel.

You can take this to the bank: All these cats who have claimed Ortiz would kill him all along with flip the script and claim Ortiz was an overrated bum if Wilder wins.

Stop being such a fool, it's no coincidence that the only person kicking up a fuss in here is Wilder's biggest fan. You get way too emotionally invested when Deontay is brought up.

It's pretty simple, the Joshua fight is a no go for now. he is legally mandated to face his mandatory. End of discussion. Wilder is in desperate need of a big name opponent. What we are saying is, instead of calling out a guy you know cannot fight you and claiming that he is avoiding you, focus on making a relevant fight so that the fight continues to build. Why have you got such an issue with that?

Your always so concerned about people not giving Wilder a fair shake and so defensive about people criticizing Wilder. Your 'logic' is utterly terrible as well, and I'll undress it easily. YES we want Wilder to pursue the best fights, we don't want him to pursue fights that we know cannot be made and then claim he is being ducked. Stop claiming it's the same thing, everyone knows it's not.

Focus on getting the Ortiz fight or fight Whyte, don't try and convince people that AJ is ducking you when you know he can't fight you yet.

What's Povetkin and Ortiz fights got to do with anything anyway? As far as I'm aware, no one has made an argument about Wilder being responsible for those fights not happening.

We'd just rather Wilder focus on getting a top guy in the ring, than pretend that a guy who cannot fight him is avoiding him. When you've got a resume like Wilder, you're going to face criticism when you pull this kind of stunt.

Dont use logic. Povetkin got popped which is Wilder's fault. We all know he set Povetkin up and then ducked the fight. I also hear hes scared to travel.

You can take this to the bank: All these cats who have claimed Ortiz would kill him all along with flip the script and claim Ortiz was an overrated bum if Wilder wins.

I agree that none of that was Wilder's fault, and he would fight anyone if the money is right.

But Hearn and AJ made it clear they are not fighting him now, so he needs to move on. I really hope the Ortiz fight gets made.

I dont want to see it just yet. Both fighters need to build their names up a little more before facing each because what happens if they do fight in November and lets say AJ wins then goes on to beat everyone else? Then what? These divisions and the fighters need to grow and timing is everything. Not just for money but the sports/fighters popularity. The Pacquiao/Mayweather fight took too long but the Canelo/GGG fight is good timing. If they fought last year it wouldn't of been as big this year.

For example I like this idea. Lets say Crawford beats Indongo moves up to face some good welterweights whilst on the other side Spence carry's on dominating the division. In a couple years we might be able to get a big Crawford vs Spence match up similar to a Ray Leonard vs Hagler match up. If Crawford moved up next fight and fought Spence straight away its seems rushed and wont get the attention it deserves because both fighters haven't been built up enough.

Fans want to see Wilder vs Joshua but the demand is not as big just yet. I say let Wilder have a few fights in the UK to get some of the British talking about Wilder/AJ and have AJ fight in the US to do the same with the Americans.

In all honesty wilders name is a bit of a joke over here. His stock will raise when faces a challenge to his belt, rather than the handpicked fighters he's defended against so far. If a fight with Ortiz is actually being negotiated, why is he calling out Joshua instead? Especially as fighting Joshua would probably mean only wilders belt being on the line. If the fight is ever held over here it wont be as big as Joshua vs fury or even Joshua vs haye, as wilder lacks credibility

In all honesty wilders name is a bit of a joke over here. His stock will raise when faces a challenge to his belt, rather than the handpicked fighters he's defended against so far. If a fight with Ortiz is actually being negotiated, why is he calling out Joshua instead? Especially as fighting Joshua would probably mean only wilders belt being on the line. If the fight is ever held over here it wont be as big as Joshua vs fury or even Joshua vs haye, as wilder lacks credibility
Equally dangerous fight as Ortiz but a far bigger pay day. Simple business.

If we go style matchups a good case can be made that Ortiz is worse for him than Joshua.

Stop being such a fool, it's no coincidence that the only person kicking up a fuss in here is Wilder's biggest fan. You get way too emotionally invested when Deontay is brought up.

It's pretty simple, the Joshua fight is a no go for now. he is legally mandated to face his mandatory. End of discussion. Wilder is in desperate need of a big name opponent. What we are saying is, instead of calling out a guy you know cannot fight you and claiming that he is avoiding you, focus on making a relevant fight so that the fight continues to build. Why have you got such an issue with that?

Your always so concerned about people not giving Wilder a fair shake and so defensive about people criticizing Wilder. Your 'logic' is utterly terrible as well, and I'll undress it easily. YES we want Wilder to pursue the best fights, we don't want him to pursue fights that we know cannot be made and then claim he is being ducked. Stop claiming it's the same thing, everyone knows it's not.

Focus on getting the Ortiz fight or fight Whyte, don't try and convince people that AJ is ducking you when you know he can't fight you yet.
You can drop the name calling, theres no need for it.

Not emotionally invested in anything but thank you for your concern. I call Wilder for exactly what he is. A flawed entertaining fighter. Perfectly fine admitting his resume lacks and what his weaknesses are.

To put it bluntly youre just a hypocrite in your criticisms of Wilder. You claim he avoids top competition but then cry when he pursues it. If he were quiet right now youd be saying hes avoiding Joshua.

If they really wanted to get it done they could easily get it done. Is it the best thing for Joshua? Probably not, and thats ok with me too. Hes rightfully on top of the mountain right now and he gets to dictate things now.

What's Povetkin and Ortiz fights got to do with anything anyway? As far as I'm aware, no one has made an argument about Wilder being responsible for those fights not happening.

We'd just rather Wilder focus on getting a top guy in the ring, than pretend that a guy who cannot fight him is avoiding him. When you've got a resume like Wilder, you're going to face criticism when you pull this kind of stunt.
Sure. No fight has ever been made around mandatories before. Got it.

If Wilder claims this also and fights his mandatory again, Stiverne, over Ortiz you and a select few will claim he ducked Ortiz lol

@RR curious to your opinion on working with Hearn. I am assuming you guys dealt with him a good bit for the Spence/Brook fight.

You can drop the name calling, theres no need for it.

Not emotionally invested in anything but thank you for your concern. I call Wilder for exactly what he is. A flawed entertaining fighter. Perfectly fine admitting his resume lacks and what his weaknesses are.

To put it bluntly youre just a hypocrite in your criticisms of Wilder. You claim he avoids top competition but then cry when he pursues it. If he were quiet right now youd be saying hes avoiding Joshua.

If they really wanted to get it done they could easily get it done. Is it the best thing for Joshua? Probably not, and thats ok with me too. Hes rightfully on top of the mountain right now and he gets to dictate things now.

He's pursuing top competition that is tied up and claiming that they are ducking him, what can't you understand about that, seriously? Instead of accepting that this is how mandatories work, you'd rather pretend like it's no big deal and they could just fight anyway, despite the overwhelming evidence on the contrary.

'easily get it done' - No they couldn't, getting that fight done In November would be anything but easy, and Wilder wanting the fight in Vegas would be an immediate issue. They've already signed a contract stating that if the Wlad fight doesn't happen, he will fight Pulev, as he missed out on his last mandatory and has waited a year. Again, what are you struggling with here? The IBF have also stated that there will be no unifications until the mandatory has had a shot, that means no step a side money, even if that wear an option. But even if it was, why would they do that, this is how it is meant to go, Joshua beats Pulev, Wilder beats Ortiz and then they fight for all of the belts. Easy.

I'm afraid you have to be emotionally invested to get so high rate about someone saying that Wilder should focus on getting a top guy in the ring and not trying to fight someone who he knows cant fight him. And then claim that he is being ducked. Only you have an issue with this.

I'll address this bullshit 'hypocrisy' one last time. You're saying that we say Wilder should pursue top opposition, correct. You're now claiming that when he does that, we complain anyway. Gotcha, but why misrepresent things that blatantly? We didn't say we wanted Wilder to go after top opposition that we know can't fight him, that exactly what we didn't want. I want him to pursue realistic fights, by calling out Joshua and claiming he's ducking him, he's not doing that, which is why I'm saying he should focus on realistic fights and wait for the unification. For whatever reason, you're getting upset at that.

Equally dangerous fight as Ortiz but a far bigger pay day. Simple business.

If we go style matchups a good case can be made that Ortiz is worse for him than Joshua.

Yeah I'd agree he probably is a tougher stylistic matchup. Still think Joshua is the more dangerous fight for wilder with everything factored in! I think it works the same in reverse as well

What's frustrating with wilder calling out AJ now is there is a very clear path for these guys to fight. AJ has 2 mandatories for his 2 belts and wilder is supposed to already be negotiating with 1 of them. They can fight these 2 guys next and the put 3 belts on the line early next year, or they can fight for wilders belt only in November (Joshua may get to keep the wba??), which clearly wont happen because it would be madness.

Everyone can see that Joshua is not avoiding anyone! He fought wlad at 19 fights and is prepared to knock off the contenders before putting his belt on the line with wilder, which surely is the champions job. wilder comes off a mug for calling him out right now

He's pursuing top competition that is tied up and claiming that they are ducking him, what can't you understand about that, seriously? Instead of accepting that this is how mandatories work, you'd rather pretend like it's no big deal and they could just fight anyway, despite the overwhelming evidence on the contrary.

'easily get it done' - No they couldn't, getting that fight done In November would be anything but easy, and Wilder wanting the fight in Vegas would be an immediate issue. They've already signed a contract stating that if the Wlad fight doesn't happen, he will fight Pulev, as he missed out on his last mandatory and has waited a year. Again, what are you struggling with here? The IBF have also stated that there will be no unifications until the mandatory has had a shot, that means no step a side money, even if that wear an option. But even if it was, why would they do that, this is how it is meant to go, Joshua beats Pulev, Wilder beats Ortiz and then they fight for all of the belts. Easy.

I'm afraid you have to be emotionally invested to get so high rate about someone saying that Wilder should focus on getting a top guy in the ring and not trying to fight someone who he knows cant fight him. And then claim that he is being ducked. Only you have an issue with this.

I'll address this bullshit 'hypocrisy' one last time. You're saying that we say Wilder should pursue top opposition, correct. You're now claiming that when he does that, we complain anyway. Gotcha, but why misrepresent things that blatantly? We didn't say we wanted Wilder to go after top opposition that we know can't fight him, that exactly what we didn't want. I want him to pursue realistic fights, by calling out Joshua and claiming he's ducking him, he's not doing that, which is why I'm saying he should focus on realistic fights and wait for the unification. For whatever reason, you're getting upset at that.
Just tell me if you agree then that Wilder cant fight Ortiz now and has to fight Stiverne again.

Yeah I'd agree he probably is a tougher stylistic matchup. Still think Joshua is the more dangerous fight for wilder with everything factored in! I think it works the same in reverse as well

What's frustrating with wilder calling out AJ now is there is a very clear path for these guys to fight. AJ has 2 mandatories for his 2 belts and wilder is supposed to already be negotiating with 1 of them. They can fight these 2 guys next and the put 3 belts on the line early next year, or they can fight for wilders belt only in November (Joshua may get to keep the wba??), which clearly wont happen because it would be madness.

Everyone can see that Joshua is not avoiding anyone! He fought wlad at 19 fights and is prepared to knock off the contenders before putting his belt on the line with wilder, which surely is the champions job. wilder comes off a mug for calling him out right now
Cant knock the guy for trying imo. And the clear path is whats most likely to happen. No one really believes Joshua is ducking anyone.

The days of duck dodger heavyweights are over. The belts are spread out among people willing to fight in places besides their own backyard. The mandatory opponents are fucking legit. Everyone will be forced to fight top guys to stay relevant. Everyone will get a trial by fire like Joshua did with Klit. Great fights are coming. It is just a matter of time. I'm glad people are hanging on to belts as well. It's easy to dismiss belts when you can go up or down 5 pounds and be in a whole new class with all new straps but for heavyweights that doesn't work. MAKE BELTS GREAT AGAIN!

Wilder calling out Joshua for a specific fight date when he has two mandatory fights is obviously just a publicity stunt but so fucking what? Everyone does that shit. Canelo telling GGG that mexicans don't fuck around and he'll fight him next was 100% false and just for publicity. GGG calling out Ward was the same thing. Ward calling out GGG the day after he signed to fight David on PPV was the same shit. So was Ward beating Kov and calling out Joshua. And Hopkins wanting to fight GGG was the same shit too. Everyone does it. No one says I'm going to fight a few Cans hoping my real opponent gets old. Or I'm going to take on whoever wants to come up in weight because that will be hilarious. Or I'm going to weight drain some guy with a famous last name for shits and giggles. Everyone's next fight is going to be against the best guy out there, and almost never is. It's been that way for decades.

Exactly, folks can say what they want about wilder but he is trying to chase the big fight and yet people are mad at him.

He's not chasing anything and he has come out looking a fool in this instance. No one really believes he'll fight 'anyone' until he actually steps in the ring with a contender. Let's see who he gets in the ring with for his next fight. My guess is it will be another handpicked opponent who doesn't deserve their shot

He's not chasing anything and he has come out looking a fool in this instance. No one really believes he'll fight 'anyone' until he actually steps in the ring with a contender. Let's see who he gets in the ring with for his next fight. My guess is it will be another handpicked opponent who doesn't deserve their shot
Sure. He was across the pond for Povetkin and is going to take the big bad boogey man Ortiz next.

I should start book marking posts for after that fight lol.

Well then shouldn't they call his "bluff" and sign to fight him? I know there all this legality talk and yes there is something to that but it wouldn't be the first of the last time it happens.

Well then shouldn't they call his "bluff" and sign to fight him? I know there all this legality talk and yes there is something to that but it wouldn't be the first of the last time it happens.

Calling his bluff potentially means relinquishing his 2 belts! Is wilder going to sign to fight Joshua with only his belt in the line? Absolutely not!

Back