Why was the state of Israel not created prior to 1948?

Was the state of Israel created as a result of the Holocaust?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
The white european jews that occupy Palestine have nothing to do with the jews of the old testament. Just another group of whites that invaded and displaced a native people.

That is not how Jews who moved to Israel think. They see themselves returning to their ancestral homeland. They didn't think they would ever be fully accepted in Europe.

This is a big problem with the conflict. Both sides have a lot of people who do not consider the other side legitimate.

A lot of pro-Israel people say Palestinians are not a real people. They are invented for the purpose of eliminating Israel. But they started seeing themselves as a people or nation around the 1920s.

The League of Nations said all the area would be a Jewish State. This was agreed at the San Remo Conference. But in 1937 the UK said that shit ain't going to work and it should be partitioned. Both sides said fuck no. But the Zionists were more divided and many said we should take any land to create our state.

the Balfour Declaration was signed all the way back in 1917, and the idea for a homeland for the Jews was clearly thought of long before that. The holocaust just gave them an excuse to move things along far quicker.

So no, the holocaust had very little to do with the creation of Israel.(imo)
I mean the 13 of them that were left
Too bad the Germans didn’t get them all I guess

Good article by Wilf that came out last week on how to reach peace.

She said to resolve the conflict it should be seen as a divorce is needed. It isn't a situation where if people talked to each other they can work together and everyone will get along. Both will have to give up things they don't to give up.

Both sides have to give up on claims of the others lands. The Israelis will have to give up building settlements on what will be Palestinians land and the Palestinians have to give up on their demand that millions of Palestinians will have the right to return to Israeli land.

The main problem with the Oslo Accords was that Israel thought they were negotiating based upon the 1967 war and thought they could trade land for peace. The Palestinians were negotiating based upon the 1948 war and with that included the right to return into Israel.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...ccords-were-doomed-by-their-ambiguity/570226/

I mean the 13 of them that were left
Too bad the Germans didn’t get them all I guess
giphy.gif

MayhemMonkey said:
the Balfour Declaration was signed all the way back in 1917, and the idea for a homeland for the Jews was clearly thought of long before that. The holocaust just gave them an excuse to move things along far quicker.

Your post
Sneaky Jews just took advantage of them being exterminated

MayhemMonkey said:

Your post
Sneaky Jews just took advantage of them being exterminated
I was talking about the UK and USA..... but mostly the UK as the Balfour Declaration was a British document. Wtf are you talking about?

Interesting question @Phr3121. I still haven't voted as I'm sort of in the middle leaning toward yes. As someone mentioned earlier, it was definitely a catalyst if not The Catalyst.

The Ottoman's lost control of "Palestine" after WW2. Would British control after WW2 without The Holocaust having occurred have been enough to create Israel? I don't know. If WW2 hadn't happened then what would've happened? I don't know.

I think it depends on the demographics at the time. Most of the Jewish population must've been Zionist and very probably would've led to civil war with the Muslim Arabs. That doesn't even take into account any national aspirations the "Palestinians" might have had.

This is all my opinion btw.
Sorry about the non-answer.

Edit: I'll vote yes as it was definitely The Catalyst. It's very likely that it still would've been created in conjunction with a Palestinian nation. It would've taken considerably longer though.

Edit 2: If I'd voted "no" I'd have tied the vote.

Last edited:
I thought land purchase by Jewish people in modern day Israel was well underway prior to WW2. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, you are right. Overview of Palestine's demographics as of 1931:
. Jews: 175,000
. Christians: 89,000
. Muslims: 760,000

Map showing Jewish-owned land as of 31 December 1944, including land owned in full. This constituted 6% of the total land area.
583px-Palestine_Index_to_Villages_and_Settlements%2C_showing_Land_in_Jewish_Possession_as_at_31.12.44.jpg

Prior to WWII, most Jews were happy in the countries they lived in. Germany, Poland, Soviet Union, United States, etc. Who would want to move to a godforsaken area in the desert, in the Middle East? Specially an area where Jews were not welcomed. Israel was created by the British and the Americans at the end of WWII, not Zionists.

Now, imagine the Vatican purchasing land in Italy so Catholics can have a place to call their homeland. Add to it a military composed of an Army, Navy, and Air Force. Nuclear weapons capabilities. Had 6,000,000 Catholics been exterminated by the Nazis, that would definitely have taken place. The flag would not include the Star of David, but the Christian cross.

Map showing Jewish-owned land as of 31 December 1944, including land owned in full. This constituted 6% of the total land area.
583px-Palestine_Index_to_Villages_and_Settlements%2C_showing_Land_in_Jewish_Possession_as_at_31.12.44.jpg

Prior to WWII, most Jews were happy in the countries they lived in. Germany, Poland, Soviet Union, United States, etc. Who would want to move to a godforsaken area in the desert, in the Middle East? Specially an area where Jews were not welcomed. Israel was created by the British and the Americans at the end of WWII, not Zionists.
This is my understanding as well. When they realized that their very lives are more important than their properties and livelihood was when they started packing. Or forcefully removed.

Now, imagine the Vatican purchasing land in Italy so Catholics can have a place to call their homeland. Add to it a military composed of an Army, Navy, and Air Force. Nuclear weapons capabilities. Had 6,000,000 Catholics been exterminated by the Nazis, that would definitely have taken place. The flag would not include the Star of David, but the Christian cross.

Are you aware most if not all Italians are already catholic?

Interesting question @Phr3121. I still haven't voted as I'm sort of in the middle leaning toward yes. As someone mentioned earlier, it was definitely a catalyst if not The Catalyst.

The Ottoman's lost control of "Palestine" after WW2. Would British control after WW2 without The Holocaust having occurred have been enough to create Israel? I don't know. If WW2 hadn't happened then what would've happened? I don't know.

I think it depends on the demographics at the time. Most of the Jewish population must've been Zionist and very probably would've led to civil war with the Muslim Arabs. That doesn't even take into account any national aspirations the "Palestinians" might have had.

This is all my opinion btw.
Sorry about the non-answer.

Edit: I'll vote yes as it was definitely The Catalyst. It's very likely that it still would've been created in conjunction with a Palestinian nation. It would've taken considerably longer though.

Edit 2: If I'd voted "no" I'd have tied the vote.
The Ottomans lost control after ww1, and Britain took over the mandate. ww2 actually put the Palestine issue on the back burner.

A lot of people were wondering why the hell did Britain give it those European Jews?
Well the thing is a lot of the elite European Jews help fund the British Empire from the early days to the end. Those people were mainly Zionists with intentions of forming a Jewish state.
Giving them Palestine/Israel was the British elites way of thanking the Jewish elites as they both became extremely rich off each other, by working together in their colonial and imperialism ambitions.

In addition, they knew well before the Balfour declaration that the Middle East was oil rich with important trade routes along with being extremely hard to control. Due to its' tribal and anti-west nature.
So establishing Israel in the Middle East means they have a permanent ally in a crucial region which's difficult to control. The proof is, how many allies do we have in the Levant region? Zero?
There's the reason why we support Israel no matter how many war crimes they commit.

there was no reason for its existence. its hard to argue how jews from russia and new york have claim to a land they are not indigenous to.

Your OP says it, because that piece of land was in Ottoman hands and then British hands until 1948. Zionists wanted to create it since the late 19th century but they wouldn't be able to do it inside an Islamic caliphate and then the British got control over that territory for 30 years following World War I.

By that logic the Palestine Arabs should give it back to the Vatican. The holy land was Byzantine before it was Arab, genetic evidence points to the spread of Arabs in the Mediterranean occurring around the dark ages.

The Israelis might not be the Jews of the bible but neither was Jesus a brown Arab/Palestinian like recent depictions have started trying to portray him as. Arabs weren’t in Nazareth in 0 AD, more like Greco-romans.
Palestinians are as Arab as Mexicans are Spaniards or as its used nowadays Hispanics, it's just a linguistic term. They have some admixture but it's little. They are mostly descended from the neolithic population that inhabited that land, possibly the so called Philistines or Canaanites of the bible.
As there is also no historical proof that the jews came from anywhere else they are probably very closely related. They are both indigenous groups to the Levant. The modern Ashkenazim jews are mixed with central/eastern europeans, the Sephardi with Iberians and Northern Africans and the Palestinians with Arabs.
Modern palestinians look like jews anyway, a little darker because they have less European admixture.
80-year-old-palestinian-man-at-the-muristan-christian-quarter-jerusalem-DGNWNH.jpg

Palestinian "brown" man vs whatever the fuck is that
gallery-1450102902-screen-shot-2015-12-14-at-91810-am.png

The Ottomans lost control after ww1, and Britain took over the mandate. ww2 actually put the Palestine issue on the back burner.
Whoops! You're right! My memory is really going :(.

Said the paid Israeli intelligence operative that infaltrated the Evangelical hierarchy, and then your pastor told you this.

40 years ago that same pastor told you all those Israelis were going to hell, because they never accepted Christ as their savior. Your Ilk should be proselytizing to those poor souls, not enabling their damnation.

Dispensationalism has plagued the church in America.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back