Why the outrage for Edgar?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Is it because people think Edgar deserves the second title shot more than Aldo?

Aldo beat Edgar when Edgar came down to FW. He is the first champion since its inception in UFC. He hasn't lost a fight in a decade and he cleaned out the fw division before the irishman showed up. He got caught in 13 or whatever seconds, which doesn't necessarily reflect how their skill sets would match up, which is probably evident in how the rematch odds aren't that much wider than the first match.

Edgar beat Chad Mendes in a spectacular fashion, whom Aldo already beat twice and finished once. Edgar doesn't possess knock out punch, even if you are an armless man, both of them equally cut from the shoulder, if you swing your knobs back and forth in enough fights and gets into enough exchanges, eventually you will get to knock someone out during the exchanges, even by the puff of winds.

Aldo is a better fighter than Edgar, has a better resume, he may be accused of cruising in his title fights, fairly or unfairly I won't judge, but Aldo never took someone's championship belt by god awful decision which should have never been granted in this dimension that we live in. With that note, I thought Edgar beat Bendo in their second fight, which made their fight in my opinion the first FW champ vs LW champ before this one came along.

Edgar is boring boring boring fighter. Ever since he came into UFC and there were much more credits given to fighters fighting overseas like ones in Japan, even after PRIDE went down, and where the UFC lightweight division was starting to get shaped up again, Edgar in my opinion, was as boring now as he was many many years ago.

But, he's a one hell of a fighter. He might be as good as any wrestler turned fighter who came to MMA in utilizing his wrestling and he might be as good as any lightweights in the history. As a matter of fact, I think Edgar might be a tougher fight than Aldo at this point since Aldo got knocked the fuck out and do not know if he can come back from that mentally, and even tougher fight for Conor, and actually I think he is than RDA would be for Conor. Even further yet, Edgar might be tougher fight than some WWs even Condits or Lawlor if Conor decides to move up because Edgar's fighting style is just so nastily boring and effective and might just shut Conor down, as Conor didn't look great on his back against Mendez.

But, God forbid, in no way shape or form, Edgar deserves the title shot more than Aldo.

So please, please, stop crying with his nuts hanging in front of your nostrils.

Wow there is a lot of dumb people on here but you definitely just put yourself in the conversation for top of that p4p list

Has no knock out power and got lucky because if you get in enough exchanges you will eventually knock someone out? Alright...

Anyway don't think most people are saying he deserves it MORE than Aldo just saying that he does deserve it, he has already had to wait out the Conor/Aldo thing long enough

Either way the Ufc screws an all time great fighter. It may still be Aldo vs Edgar. If Edgar gets the shot, then aldo is the one champ who should have got the shot but didn't. And obviously Edgar has done more than enough inside the cage to earn himself the big payday. Either way the Ufc appears to be wrong, when in actuality they're doing right by one of their greatest champions.

Wow there is a lot of dumb people on here but you definitely just put yourself in the conversation for top of that p4p list

Has no knock out power and got lucky because if you get in enough exchanges you will eventually knock someone out? Alright...

Anyway don't think most people are saying he deserves it MORE than Aldo just saying that he does deserve it, he has already had to wait out the Conor/Aldo thing long enough

not what I said. Your reading comprehension needs skills development as much as Cecil Peopels in his job

Hasn't Edgar had stoppages in 3 of his last 4 fights? He has no power but stopped both Mendes and Penn with strikes, hurting both of them...

Kids, don't do crack

Hasn't Edgar had stoppages in 3 of his last 4 fights? He has no power but stopped both Mendes and Penn with strikes, hurting both of them...

Kids, don't do crack

Tippy toes BJ doesn't count. Any FW on earth would have stopped him.

not what I said. Your reading comprehension needs skills development as much as Cecil Peopels in his job

You said, I quote "Edgar doesn't possess knock out punch, even if you are an armless man, both of them equally cut from the shoulder, if you swing your knobs back and forth in enough fights and gets into enough exchanges, eventually you will get to knock someone out during the exchanges, even by the puff of winds."

You should be happy I made it sound way less retarded for you

You said, I quote "Edgar doesn't possess knock out punch, even if you are an armless man, both of them equally cut from the shoulder, if you swing your knobs back and forth in enough fights and gets into enough exchanges, eventually you will get to knock someone out during the exchanges, even by the puff of winds."

You should be happy I made it sound way less retarded for you

do you speak english?

you need to look up the definition for the word 'because'

Are they really giving the rematch to Aldo?

Given his history he does deserve it but in all fairness with the way Frankie won his last fight it should be going to him.

Jose looked like the pressure destroyed him standing in his corner across from Conor. Have one more fight and get your damn confidence back.

Frankie is hungry, it will be a shame if they dont give him the fight.

do you speak english?

you need to look up the definition for the word 'because'
Sorry man you are too dumb to even debate with

Someone please wasteland this thread, put TS out of his misery

I actually agree that Also should get the rematch but your argument was so retarded I now hope Edgar gets the next shot just to see you post something even more retarded.

Aldo won't be mcgregor
Edgar has atleast a 35% chance
Or greater
Edgar is getting up there in age and he is one a good win streak I think he deserves to fight mcgregor as much as mcgregor deserves to fight aldo
I don't find Edgar boring at all he pushes the pace and plants his hands on people's skulls plenty he initiates exchanges and has nasty gnp

Is it because people think Edgar deserves the second title shot more than Aldo?

Aldo beat Edgar when Edgar came down to FW. He is the first champion since its inception in UFC. He hasn't lost a fight in a decade and he cleaned out the fw division before the irishman showed up. He got caught in 13 or whatever seconds, which doesn't necessarily reflect how their skill sets would match up, which is probably evident in how the rematch odds aren't that much wider than the first match.

Edgar beat Chad Mendes in a spectacular fashion, whom Aldo already beat twice and finished once. Edgar doesn't possess knock out punch, even if you are an armless man, both of them equally cut from the shoulder, if you swing your knobs back and forth in enough fights and gets into enough exchanges, eventually you will get to knock someone out during the exchanges, even by the puff of winds.

Aldo is a better fighter than Edgar, has a better resume, he may be accused of cruising in his title fights, fairly or unfairly I won't judge, but Aldo never took someone's championship belt by god awful decision which should have never been granted in this dimension that we live in. With that note, I thought Edgar beat Bendo in their second fight, which made their fight in my opinion the first FW champ vs LW champ before this one came along.

Edgar is boring boring boring fighter. Ever since he came into UFC and there were much more credits given to fighters fighting overseas like ones in Japan, even after PRIDE went down, and where the UFC lightweight division was starting to get shaped up again, Edgar in my opinion, was as boring now as he was many many years ago.

But, he's a one hell of a fighter. He might be as good as any wrestler turned fighter who came to MMA in utilizing his wrestling and he might be as good as any lightweights in the history. As a matter of fact, I think Edgar might be a tougher fight than Aldo at this point since Aldo got knocked the fuck out and do not know if he can come back from that mentally, and even tougher fight for Conor, and actually I think he is than RDA would be for Conor. Even further yet, Edgar might be tougher fight than some WWs even Condits or Lawlor if Conor decides to move up because Edgar's fighting style is just so nastily boring and effective and might just shut Conor down, as Conor didn't look great on his back against Mendez.

But, God forbid, in no way shape or form, Edgar deserves the title shot more than Aldo.

So please, please, stop crying with his nuts hanging in front of your nostrils.

Wow!
So much hate!!!
And contradictory also (but haters always contradict themselves and don't notice/care).

I won't mind of your hate.
But I just want to point out No one is outraged by Frankie because they think Aldo do not deserve a title shot.
but it has more to do with the fact that Frankie deserved a title shot BEFORE Conor.
He deserved the (interim) title shot instead of Mendes (he was in shape versus Mendes who was out hunting).
Heck, I don't even know why he had to fight Mendes for the #1 spot!!
And now he will be bypassed again by Aldo.

And if Aldo wins, he will have to sit again and wait for a trilogy.

This is why people are saying that this is not fair to Frankie.

With the vast amount of dumb shit that gets posted, I applaud you sir, because that was by far the dumbest shit I have seen on here in a long time.

Frankie is a stud, KOed Mendes in first round, stoppages in 3 of last 4.

Aldo got SMOKED in 13 seconds, pulled out of the fight with Connor delaying the division for 6 months, hadn't fought in over a year, and has ONE legit stoppage in the last 5 years (we all know zombie hurt his shoulder throwing a punch, Aldo did not cause that injury).

it is strange that you would mention Frankie's power when he has more stoppages than Aldo in the last few years and Frankie has a higher finish rate than Aldo in FW fights in the UFC.

Last edited:
LOL at people thinking Frankie is some huge powerhouse with huge amounts of power in his hands just because he KO'd Mendes, that was clearly a result of Mendes' deteriorated chin, Miesha Tate hits harder than frankie.

Edgar is a boring fighter ? Ummmm ok it could be me but one of us is blind

Edgar has been gifted so many shots, I'm fine with him having to win 7-8 fights in a row for this one.

Both deserve a shot. I don't know if one deserves it more than the other. I think Conor should've fought these 2 before fighting at LW.

The reason Edgar deserves to, and will get a title shot before Aldo is one thing: MONEY.

The UFC promoted not one, but TWO events for Aldo vs Mcgregor. Do u know how much money that costs? MILLIONS x 2. Do you know how many seconds of fighting they got out of that?

The UFC would be fiscally irresponsible if they risk promoting Aldo v Mcgregor again, how are they going to market that? "The greatest matchup of all time that hasn't happened the last two times we tried this, but probably will this time!"

Aldo won't get a rematch unless he beats Edgar and Mcgregor cleans out LW by fighting RDA, Alvarez, (Pettis vs Cerrone winner) and Nurmagomedov if he ever gets uninjured.

All of those fights are far less risky for the UFC to promote than another Aldo vs Mcgregor injury vs. massacre. Aldo has to beat Edgar, and Max Holloway in dominant fashion while McGregor runs through the LW division (if he can do that) to get a rematch.

Also really f'ed himself by being so unlucky with the injury and the quick KO. He could speed up the process by knocking out Edgar and rattling McGregor's cage by getting in a fight with him at a press conference, but he's not that type of person so he will have to do it the hard way.

Agreed. I was expecting something talking about how Frankie Edgar reeks of desperation. But no, this is just an Aldo apologist thread.

If either one of those guys you carrying any real momentum towards the title, Connor would have stayed and defended the belt.

Back