Why the outrage for Edgar?

"Has no knockout power."

Knocked out Mendes.
TKO'd Penn.
Knocked out Maynard.
TKO'd Bocek.

You're a fool.

I agree that Aldo deserves it because 10 years undefeated. I just can't help but laugh at people who are actually using the fact that Aldo got flatlined in 13 seconds as the selling point for the rematch. It's laughable. "This guy got destroyed so fast a rematch might be interesting".

I wanted to see a rematch between Cain and JDS as soon as their first fight ended. It left a lot to be desired when that match ended in a minute. I even won money on JDS in that fight too.

He has ZERO legit stoppages, the dirty mendes cage grab that lead to a ko almost immediately after doesn't count to me.
He is in a category of fighters with GSP - guys who clearly had the ability to be killers who could put guys away but then chose to go a MUCH safer route in order to avoid risks and hold the belt longer.

Either way the Ufc screws an all time great fighter. It may still be Aldo vs Edgar. If Edgar gets the shot, then aldo is the one champ who should have got the shot but didn't. And obviously Edgar has done more than enough inside the cage to earn himself the big payday. Either way the Ufc appears to be wrong, when in actuality they're doing right by one of their greatest champions.

Are we just calling anyone an all time great fighter now?

I agree that Aldo deserves it because 10 years undefeated. I just can't help but laugh at people who are actually using the fact that Aldo got flatlined in 13 seconds as the selling point for the rematch. It's laughable. "This guy got destroyed so fast a rematch might be interesting".

It isn't that he "got destroyed", it's that the fight didn't show us anything we didn't already know. We knew Conor hits hard, we knew Aldo could get caught when he blitzes in. What we still don't know is how the fight plays out over the course of a full round, or two, etc etc etc. We don't know how they match up or who has a better gameplan, who has more/better tools and can implement them better.

We've known one shot can end a fight for a long, long time. But 13 seconds is hardly a springboard to just write someone off who went undefeated for a decade, and dominated a division for the last 6-7 years now. That's just silly.

I would actually be less interested in a rematch if Aldo had gotten beat down for two rounds or so like Weidman did. Instead all we got was literally 2 punches landed, one by each fighter, and one of them was the right shot.

No one in MMA deserves a rematch more than Jose Aldo.

Please note, it is not the fact I disagree with you. Disagreements are fine and I can live with that.
But claiming Conor had a better run and deserved to be ahead of Frankie is simply a blatant lie.

No, it isn't. Claiming that Edgar's three wins are better than Conor's five, or vice versa, is a matter of judgment or opinion. Those who disagree with you are not lying.

But to claim Conor had a better run and was more deserving of a title shot is insane!

No, it isn't. One guy had three wins in a row, the other had five with four stoppages. The guy with three wins just lost to Aldo not long before, while the guy with five wins would not be a rematch.

There's room for both opinions, and neither is insane and neither is a lie. Pull yourself together.

And it is blatant revisionism of BJ Penn.

Yes, AFTER the fight, it was clear to see BJ was not the same. But let us not pretend BJ was not a an elite fighter!

It isn't revisionism to suggest that Penn was not a credible opponent for Edgar in 2014. The majority on this forum said the same as soon as the fight was announced and well before the fight happened. For sure, in 2014 BJ Penn was not an elite fighter. This has nothing to do with his legacy, just with how good he was in 2014, which wasn't very good.

Honestly I think most of it is that people just like too bitch

No, it isn't. Claiming that Edgar's three wins are better than Conor's five, or vice versa, is a matter of judgment or opinion. Those who disagree with you are not lying.

No, it isn't. One guy had three wins in a row, the other had five with four stoppages. The guy with three wins just lost to Aldo not long before, while the guy with five wins would not be a rematch.

There's room for both opinions, and neither is insane and neither is a lie. Pull yourself together.

It isn't revisionism to suggest that Penn was not a credible opponent for Edgar in 2014. The majority on this forum said the same as soon as the fight was announced and well before the fight happened. For sure, in 2014 BJ Penn was not an elite fighter. This has nothing to do with his legacy, just with how good he was in 2014, which wasn't very good.

Sorry, but in suma, you are a lunatic.
Anyone at the top 3 with 3 fights against top 10 fighters (cry all you want, but BJ Penn was considered an elite fighter) versus one guy who just showed up and fought no top 10's (it is a fact that Siver was moved up just because he was about to fight Conor) then the guy who was lower tier should not have passed the top 2

It might be a matter of opinion. I might have an opinion that Thailand is a bigger world power than US, but that doesn't make this opinion true.

I am very much together. It seems it is you who is living in a dreamland.

For everyone knows Conor got this title fight because of the money he brings, and it had nothing to do with his run being better than Frankie's.

Re your 2:
No, you are using revisionism.
Holloway was just coming off a loss to Bermudez.
Poirier is a LW who had issues going down (he admitted as much).

Besides, they were not even ranked withing the top 10! Even Siver, UFC had to manipulate and bring him from the #13h (before fight was announced) to to #10 (right after fight was announced) just to pass the impression Conor beat some top 10 fighter!

Frankie, on the other hand, you blatantly disregard the fact:
yes, he lost 3 fights, but they were twice to the LW champion (and there was controversy) and another one was to Aldo (#1 P4P and FW champion).
Then he fought Oliveira (a monster), BJ Penn (say what you want, he is legit and ytou can't judge AFTER the fight) then Cub and Faber!!
Sorry, you can't claim Conor had a better run!

Yes, he KO'd his opponents, but his opponents don't come to the shadow of what Frankie beat!

Conor bypassed Frankie due to greed. Pure and simple.
And while I understand that, trying to claim that Conor was more deserving is not only asinine, it is a flat out lie!

Let's not forget that when Conor got to choose to fight Chad or Frankie he picked Chad everyone knew was filming a hunting show.

Let's not forget that when Conor got to choose to fight Chad or Frankie he picked Chad everyone knew was filming a hunting show.
exactly.

I mean, I don't blame or bash Conor for any of it.
He obviously SHOULD do everything he can to have most advantage as possible and get the most out of any deal he makes with the least amount of danger.
But to claim he was deserving, and if he was not such a draw he would have surpassed Frankie in rankings, this is just asinine blind-nuthuggery IMHO.

How about poor Max Holloway. This guy deserves it more than Frankie imo.

Edgar - boring fighter?

200.gif

Hasn't Edgar had stoppages in 3 of his last 4 fights? He has no power but stopped both Mendes and Penn with strikes, hurting both of them...

Kids, don't do crack
I like "Edgar doesn't have KO power" when he just KOed Mendes.

Is it because people think Edgar deserves the second title shot more than Aldo?

Aldo beat Edgar when Edgar came down to FW. He is the first champion since its inception in UFC. He hasn't lost a fight in a decade and he cleaned out the fw division before the irishman showed up. He got caught in 13 or whatever seconds, which doesn't necessarily reflect how their skill sets would match up, which is probably evident in how the rematch odds aren't that much wider than the first match.

Edgar beat Chad Mendes in a spectacular fashion, whom Aldo already beat twice and finished once. Edgar doesn't possess knock out punch, even if you are an armless man, both of them equally cut from the shoulder, if you swing your knobs back and forth in enough fights and gets into enough exchanges, eventually you will get to knock someone out during the exchanges, even by the puff of winds.

Aldo is a better fighter than Edgar, has a better resume, he may be accused of cruising in his title fights, fairly or unfairly I won't judge, but Aldo never took someone's championship belt by god awful decision which should have never been granted in this dimension that we live in. With that note, I thought Edgar beat Bendo in their second fight, which made their fight in my opinion the first FW champ vs LW champ before this one came along.

Edgar is boring boring boring fighter. Ever since he came into UFC and there were much more credits given to fighters fighting overseas like ones in Japan, even after PRIDE went down, and where the UFC lightweight division was starting to get shaped up again, Edgar in my opinion, was as boring now as he was many many years ago.

But, he's a one hell of a fighter. He might be as good as any wrestler turned fighter who came to MMA in utilizing his wrestling and he might be as good as any lightweights in the history. As a matter of fact, I think Edgar might be a tougher fight than Aldo at this point since Aldo got knocked the fuck out and do not know if he can come back from that mentally, and even tougher fight for Conor, and actually I think he is than RDA would be for Conor. Even further yet, Edgar might be tougher fight than some WWs even Condits or Lawlor if Conor decides to move up because Edgar's fighting style is just so nastily boring and effective and might just shut Conor down, as Conor didn't look great on his back against Mendez.

But, God forbid, in no way shape or form, Edgar deserves the title shot more than Aldo.

So please, please, stop crying with his nuts hanging in front of your nostrils.

Says the guy with Aldo's nuts hanging in front of his nostrils.

didn't know Edgar had so many supporters, maybe insomnia nowadays are great issues in our society

You really shouldn't post anymore.

You'd think looking like a complete fool in your original post would have been enough to shut you up, but you just keep coming back with dumber and dumber thoughts.

Its like you just started watching the sport a month ago and have all kinds of ideas, which is cute and all, but no, just stop.

Willing to bet people slamming Edgar for being boring are Cruz fans on the flip side

Back