Why the outrage for Edgar?

51557.jpg

stopped....Penn with strikes, hurting both of them...
Something Rory McDonald, Jon Fitch, and Nick Diaz couldn't do.

Aldo won't be mcgregor
Edgar has atleast a 35% chance
Or greater
You should be a comedian. Both have very legitimate shots at knocking off McGregor. I think McGregor cracks Frankie's chin though. Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

So please, please, stop crying with his nuts hanging in front of your nostrils.
You lost everyone starting to see your side of the argument with the last quote.
Nice waste of time dumbass.

If Edgar got the shot over Aldo,i wouldnt be mad AT ALL,then Aldo could comfortably hang back and face the winner...but there are more variables than that. We have a champ who is off in 155 lb land right now and may not ever come back. This ties up the title for an undetermined amount of time. Edgar and Aldo both deserve it,but there is no title fight on the horizon for either right now,and they allready fought each other and want the red panties night/title shot,rather than try to kill each other,AGAIN,for NOTHING.

When did this site become so judgemental ? Just because someone disagrees with u dosent give u a right to insult them. That being said , i would give Aldo the rematch first a couple of reasons , first being longevity , he has been champ for years , hasnt lost in 10 years , second, the fight with Conor was like a scene from a Rocky movie , one punch and 13 seconds in , its over . If it was a combination of punches i would have been more satisfied. We really didnt see a real fight like Aldo said , i wouldve liked to see them have a few exchanges before it ended. That being said its not Conor s fault that Aldo went down so easily and he shouldnt be penalized for Aldo s weak chin. A perfect scenario is have Edgar fight Aldo with Conor fighting the winner but neither party wants any part of this. So at this stage i would have Aldo rematch Conor and since Edgar likes stay active let him fight anyone he wants or offer him a shot at Dominick Cruz , i know its a longshot but it couldnt hurt to submit the offer

Ts is a fuccboi.

You say edgar is a borring fighter? Name the aldo fight more entertaining the edgar vs maynard 2 or 3.

Edgar is way more exciting than aldo, and i'll take that to the grave.

Its going to be Aldo vs Frankie for the title. McGregor is never making 155lb again they just won't announce it before his superfight because they want two champs going against each other for marketing purposes. Especially if McGregor wins he never fights 155lbs again... Gurenteed

With the vast amount of dumb shit that gets posted, I applaud you sir, because that was by far the dumbest shit I have seen on here in a long time.

Frankie is a stud, KOed Mendes in first round, stoppages in 3 of last 4.

Aldo got SMOKED in 13 seconds, pulled out of the fight with Connor delaying the division for 6 months, hadn't fought in over a year, and has ONE legit stoppage in the last 5 years (we all know zombie hurt his shoulder throwing a punch, Aldo did not cause that injury).

i
He has ZERO legit stoppages, the dirty mendes cage grab that lead to a ko almost immediately after doesn't count to me.

Wow!
So much hate!!!
And contradictory also (but haters always contradict themselves and don't notice/care).

I won't mind of your hate.
But I just want to point out No one is outraged by Frankie because they think Aldo do not deserve a title shot.
but it has more to do with the fact that Frankie deserved a title shot BEFORE Conor.
He deserved the (interim) title shot instead of Mendes (he was in shape versus Mendes who was out hunting).
Heck, I don't even know why he had to fight Mendes for the #1 spot!!
And now he will be bypassed again by Aldo.

And if Aldo wins, he will have to sit again and wait for a trilogy.

This is why people are saying that this is not fair to Frankie.

1. I completely agree that Edgar would have been a better choice to step in when Aldo pulled out than Mendes won. This is particularly clear in hindsight with Mendes complaining about how he was unprepared. I think Edgar would have been ready.

2. I strongly disagree that Edgar should have gotten the title shot before McGregor. His win streak at the time McGregor was announced as the next contender was Oliviera, Penn, and Swanson. Pretty good, but not better than a five fight win streak with 4 TKOs and including wins over Poirier and Holloway, especially since before Edgar's three wins he had lost three straight title fights.

didn't know Edgar had so many supporters, maybe insomnia nowadays are great issues in our society

1. I completely agree that Edgar would have been a better choice to step in when Aldo pulled out than Mendes won. This is particularly clear in hindsight with Mendes complaining about how he was unprepared. I think Edgar would have been ready.

2. I strongly disagree that Edgar should have gotten the title shot before McGregor. His win streak at the time McGregor was announced as the next contender was Oliviera, Penn, and Swanson. Pretty good, but not better than a five fight win streak with 4 TKOs and including wins over Poirier and Holloway, especially since before Edgar's three wins he had lost three straight title fights.

Re your 2:
No, you are using revisionism.
Holloway was just coming off a loss to Bermudez.
Poirier is a LW who had issues going down (he admitted as much).

Besides, they were not even ranked withing the top 10! Even Siver, UFC had to manipulate and bring him from the #13h (before fight was announced) to to #10 (right after fight was announced) just to pass the impression Conor beat some top 10 fighter!

Frankie, on the other hand, you blatantly disregard the fact:
yes, he lost 3 fights, but they were twice to the LW champion (and there was controversy) and another one was to Aldo (#1 P4P and FW champion).
Then he fought Oliveira (a monster), BJ Penn (say what you want, he is legit and ytou can't judge AFTER the fight) then Cub and Faber!!
Sorry, you can't claim Conor had a better run!

Yes, he KO'd his opponents, but his opponents don't come to the shadow of what Frankie beat!

Conor bypassed Frankie due to greed. Pure and simple.
And while I understand that, trying to claim that Conor was more deserving is not only asinine, it is a flat out lie!

Edgar is the more interesting matchup for Conor.

Also, how come the whiniest threads are always about other people whining?

Frankie can finish more fighters than Aldo can these days lol

Guy on an amazing win streak or guy the champ KO'd in 13 seconds...

I'm gonna stick with Frankie. Although it doesn't matter since even if they give Aldo the fight he'll pull out ad Conor will end up fighting Frankie anyways

Re your 2:
No, you are using revisionism.
Holloway was just coming off a loss to Bermudez.
Poirier is a LW who had issues going down (he admitted as much).

Besides, they were not even ranked withing the top 10! Even Siver, UFC had to manipulate and bring him from the #13h (before fight was announced) to to #10 (right after fight was announced) just to pass the impression Conor beat some top 10 fighter!

Frankie, on the other hand, you blatantly disregard the fact:
yes, he lost 3 fights, but they were twice to the LW champion (and there was controversy) and another one was to Aldo (#1 P4P and FW champion).
Then he fought Oliveira (a monster), BJ Penn (say what you want, he is legit and ytou can't judge AFTER the fight) then Cub and Faber!!
Sorry, you can't claim Conor had a better run!

Yes, he KO'd his opponents, but his opponents don't come to the shadow of what Frankie beat!

Conor bypassed Frankie due to greed. Pure and simple.
And while I understand that, trying to claim that Conor was more deserving is not only asinine, it is a flat out lie!

1. Calling me a liar for disagreeing with you is lame.
2. It happens often that when a fighter gets several title shots close to each other, they eventually reach a point where it takes more to get them another rematch. Miesha Tate is a great example. Edgar is another.
3. BJ Penn in 2014 is not a great win. He's not even a good win.

I want to see Edgar fight not because of anything against Aldo, I'm just sick of all these instant re-matches in general. I guess out of all the Aldo is probably the most deserving, but still if you lose you should have to work your way back to the belt.

1. Calling me a liar for disagreeing with you is lame.
2. It happens often that when a fighter gets several title shots close to each other, they eventually reach a point where it takes more to get them another rematch. Miesha Tate is a great example. Edgar is another.
3. BJ Penn in 2014 is not a great win. He's not even a good win.
Please note, it is not the fact I disagree with you. Disagreements are fine and I can live with that.
But claiming Conor had a better run and deserved to be ahead of Frankie is simply a blatant lie.

Your point 2 I agree with. So go with that if you will (which would not explain why Conor jumped ahead of Mendes also, but whatever).

But to claim Conor had a better run and was more deserving of a title shot is insane!
The highest ranking guy he fought was a #13 in Siver.

And it is blatant revisionism of BJ Penn.

Yes, AFTER the fight, it was clear to see BJ was not the same. But let us not pretend BJ was not a an elite fighter!

But take BJ fight out, and Frankie still had the better resume, better ranked opponents, and the little fact he was already ahead of Conor.
So for Conor to jump over Frankie, he should have had to fight at least one or two top 5 opponents! And he did not.

I agree that Aldo deserves it because 10 years undefeated. I just can't help but laugh at people who are actually using the fact that Aldo got flatlined in 13 seconds as the selling point for the rematch. It's laughable. "This guy got destroyed so fast a rematch might be interesting".

Back