Why so many 1st/2nd generation immigrant American fighters who rep another country's flag?

Lol, ever been to Boston? It's crawling with 1/16th Irish guys with Irish flag tattoos. People want to belong to something, and America is a melting pot of sorts, this is their attempt to have an identity.

America is fucking great! It certainly has problems, but I have traveled all over the world and can say with certainty I do not want to live anywhere else.

Appreciate what you have.

...you dirty immigrants...

Why would they show allegiance for the flag of a backwards bigoted country where half the population are yokels who would happily deport their entire family?
and yet they are in no hurry to run back to where they or their parents came from.

Usman came to the US when he was 5. Dude was raised in the US. He's more American than Nigerian.
Kelvin Gastelum, Cain Velázquez, Ricardo Lamas, Uriah Hall, Stipe Miocic (to a lesser extent) and a host of other fighters all do the same.
IMO they should all go back to wherever the hell they came from.

Cause America was born of rape killing all natives. Continued raping though slaves. And rapes today where everyone is a commodity or number and spied on 24/7. Has no culture, its a business.

I live here but my heart is in Mexico where Im from. If I were I fighter I'd have a Mexican flag like I have on my front license plate.
That's exactly what happened in Mexico lol. It's basically made up of white men and native women children.

Usman came to the US when he was 5. Dude was raised in the US. He's more American than Nigerian.
Kelvin Gastelum, Cain Velázquez, Ricardo Lamas, Uriah Hall, Stipe Miocic (to a lesser extent) and a host of other fighters all do the same.

The same reason so many americans host up irish flags even they never set foot in ireland

You mentioned him in the beginning but not when you called all the countries who just so happened to have majority of its people being black, factory workers, miners and gang memebers you bigoted fuck. You're post clearly shows that you left Stipe and all the other fighters who just so happens aren't black out of your ignorant comment fucktard.

"Fuck Jamaica", yea it's easy to talk shit over the internet you pussy.

"Your DNA doesn't magically turn you into a successful person" and living in Jamaica, Nigeria or Cameroon doesn't automatically make you a factory worker, a minor or a gang member.

You got caught slipping you bitch, now like a fucking closet bigot, you're trying to backtrack your fucking statements.

I didn't make it about race, you did. I just spanked your ass for coming out of your mouth, pussy.

I literally mentioned Stipe. Do they not teach English in Jamaica or were you a particularly stupid student?

Almost a 3rd of your pussy country's population lives in the US. Where was all this pride before they left in droves? So yeah, fuck Jamaica and fuck you, pussy.

The same reason so many americans host up irish flags even they never set foot in ireland

You mean once a year on St. Patrick's in pretty much two cities (Chicago and New York) when everyone (even POC) does it?

It's stupid and disrespectful regardless of who does it

If these bandwagon immigrants are so proud of their countries, move there. You need to have things to be proud of, and most of these countries don't have anything

And this is why the love americans have for america is superficial and shallow. Its just materialistic and about what the country is now and not the sum of its entire history/culture/values etc.

Last edited:
And this is why the love americans have for america is superficial and shallow. Its just materialistic and about what the country is now and the sum of its entire history/culture/values etc.

It has nothing to do with materialism. It has to do with accomplishment and exceptionalism. America is and has been this for a long time. A big part of that is that diverse background of our country.

You mean once a year on St. Patrick's in pretty much two cities (Chicago and New York) when everyone (even POC) does it?

It's stupid and disrespectful regardless of who does it

Imagine you moved to china (a democratic version or whatever). You still raised your kid as an american (culturally). Would you then expect him to abandon that part of his heritage? I guarantee you there would be an 'american community' and theyd carry their flags.

It has nothing to do with materialism. It has to do with accomplishment and exceptionalism. America is and has been this for a long time. A big part of that is that diverse background of our country.

And you would continue to be proud of that even if it all goes to shit. Even if america turns into a 3rd world anarchy hell hole, americans would still love their country.

how about you actually and honestly ask those people what they love about their country of origin.

Imagine you moved to china (a democratic version or whatever). You still raised your kid as an american (culturally). Would you then expect him to abandon that part of his heritage? I guarantee you there would be an 'american community' and theyd carry their flags.

That's not the issue here. The issue is fighters repping flags of countries they don't belong to. Most of them have never even set foot in said country. You can honor your heritage without dishonoring your country

And you would continue to be proud of that even if it all goes to shit. Even if america turns into a 3rd world anarchy hell hole, americans would still love their country.

how about you actually and honestly ask those people what they love about their country of origin.

Oh please, American patriotism is taboo in the mainstream these days, I can only imagine what it would be like if America were worse.

That's not the issue here. The issue is fighters repping flags of countries they don't belong to. Most of them have never even set foot in said country. You can honor your heritage without dishonoring your country

So holding up the flag of your heritage is dishonoring your country? Lol. So if your kid put up the US flag hed be dishonoring china? Even if he spoke fluent mandarin and was fully integrated into their society?

So holding up the flag of your heritage is dishonoring your country? Lol. So if your kid put up the US flag hed be dishonoring china? Even if he spoke fluent mandarin and was fully integrated into their society?

Flags represent countries, not heritage. Countries are political entities that come and go.

When a guy like Kelvin holds up a Mexican flag, he's not declaring "I'm a proud Mestizo or I'm a proud Hispanic" he's declaring I'm a proud Mexican, which he isn't.

At least have the decency to do what fighters like Tito and Lobov do and carry both flags

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back