Why not more capoella style fighters? Any other martial art that could be useful in UFC?

I'm still waiting on some old Kung Fu martial art to make it.

Centuries ago, they used to use these martial arts in UFC style tournaments in every local town that the commoners watched for entertainment, like we do.

It doesn't make sense that these martial arts are all a joke. I think what happened is that they stopped being practiced competitively for a long time and they ended up like McDojo karate in the US. However, as Machida has proven, there is a real Karate out there that survived in the remote Amazon jungles of all places.

I hope hope hope that real Kung Fu has survived somewhere in a similar fashion.

These guys obviously knew how to fight. They have cauliflower ear for fucks sake. What happened to these guys?

Shuaijiao_masters_tianjin_1930.jpg

Simple. If I was a young guy and wanted to make my way to UFC, what sort of martial art could I pick to be different? Would it help me or hurt me in UFC? I heard Krav Maga is the most dangerous martial art. So how come we don't see it in UFC?

There's a lot of diversity, there's karate and TKD guys, wreslters, bjj guys, MT guys, judo guys. Not sure if there's any straight boxers.

It's more about how you can get another or two other disciplines into your game

Anyway, if you can't stuff a takedown, defend most common subs and have fair enough striking to not get knocked out by chumps, you have no chance of climbing up the ranks.

The guys are too good nowadays to have a huge hole in their game.

As for other disciplines, I can't see how some superpower moves from marginal martial arts can do anything against a well trained MMA guy.

Too much wasted movement. You'd gas after 1 round dancing around like that.

Capicola fighters
hqdefault.jpg

Centuries ago, they used to use these martial arts in UFC style tournaments in every local town that the commoners watched for entertainment, like we do.

It doesn't make sense that these martial arts are all a joke. I think what happened is that they stopped being practiced competitively for a long time and they ended up like McDojo karate in the US. However, as Machida has proven, there is a real Karate out there that survived in the remote Amazon jungles of all places.

These guys obviously knew how to fight. They have cauliflower ear for fucks sake. What happened to these guys?

Remote Amazon Jungle? You think Lyoto is from the jungle? WTF?

Simple. If I was a young guy and wanted to make my way to UFC, what sort of martial art could I pick to be different? Would it help me or hurt me in UFC? I heard Krav Maga is the most dangerous martial art. So how come we don't see it in UFC?

Chute Boxe shut down Capoeira, murked them all in the first round.

NeYYZLk.jpg

I wish there were more Klung Fru fighters because that's the most deadly style there is.

"Greetings from Sao Paulo! I’m learning the language: breakdancing in the Special Olympics is called Capoeira and cocaine is called brunch."
- Chael Sonnen

IP man died and all of his students became movie stars and mcdojo masters the end

I wish there were more Klung Fru fighters because that's the most deadly style there is.

I am actually a Fruit Ninja. We are the epitome of martial arts but like Krav Maga too deadly for UFC.
We even kill fruits daily as practice.

I think the TS just meant a cocktail. A nice Vecchio Amaro del Capo with some fruity ingridients.
Sounds like a martial arts style based on alcoholism. Would explain the thread :D

Vecchio-Amaro-del-Capo-The-Italian-Digestive-to-Survive-Your-Holiday-Feasts-3.jpg

Back