Why not more capoella style fighters? Any other martial art that could be useful in UFC?

If you sing a capella badly enough, you may get a sub.

If you plan on entering the King of Iron fist tournament, it might work. hqdefault-2.jpg

I assume you mean capoeira, and it's because it's not effective. It probably would work better in a real world situation where it could take the other guy off guard. But if the other guy has time to prepare it's never going to work against a good fighter, it just leaves you way too open.

Simple. If I was a young guy and wanted to make my way to UFC, what sort of martial art could I pick to be different? Would it help me or hurt me in UFC? I heard Krav Maga is the most dangerous martial art. So how come we don't see it in UFC?

You don't want to be different, you want to be better.

Krav Maga is for housewives.

MMA is a hybrid of many traditional martial arts and the sport is constantly evolving. I remember 5-10 years ago when being an NCAA wrestler was considered the best base, you had champions and fighters like Brock, Carwin, Tito, Liddell, Couture, Diego Sanchez, Koscheck, Hendo, Matt Hughes, Faber how could dictate where the fight took place, take you down and pound on you for 3-5 rounds. Now I never see guys held down. Giving up your back used to be a death knell. Now's it's common to see when getting out from a takedown.

Lyota Machida did a nice job of bringing karate style counter striking and avoiding punishment. GSP used karate to manage distance. McGregor used a lot of TaeKwonDo combined with boxing elements. We have no idea what is next. The best fighters use tools that work for them but that are often no transferable. McGregor has a long reach so he draws his opponents in, retreats, and catches them on a counter while they try to cover the distance. Bisping, though generally a weak champion, uses his constant movement, feints, and volume of punching, a style that would would not likely work for McGregor.

There is no perfect martial art or style.

I'm still waiting on some old Kung Fu martial art to make it.

Centuries ago, they used to use these martial arts in UFC style tournaments in every local town that the commoners watched for entertainment, like we do.

It doesn't make sense that these martial arts are all a joke. I think what happened is that they stopped being practiced competitively for a long time and they ended up like McDojo karate in the US. However, as Machida has proven, there is a real Karate out there that survived in the remote Amazon jungles of all places.

I hope hope hope that real Kung Fu has survived somewhere in a similar fashion.

These guys obviously knew how to fight. They have cauliflower ear for fucks sake. What happened to these guys?

Shuaijiao_masters_tianjin_1930.jpg

What you're looking for is called San Shou.

Is this some sort of Italian martial arts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back