Why not more capoella style fighters? Any other martial art that could be useful in UFC?

SugarKrok

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Simple. If I was a young guy and wanted to make my way to UFC, what sort of martial art could I pick to be different? Would it help me or hurt me in UFC? I heard Krav Maga is the most dangerous martial art. So how come we don't see it in UFC?

capoella ?

I think it's call capoeira

and that's just bad breakdancing imo.

If you were a young guy who wanted to make it to the UFC, you would need to learn a primary striking art, how to wrestle, and have a decent understanding of submissions. The base arts associated with those things are already well known and proven.

Starting from scratch, there is a relative lack of utility in going outside the heavily represented arts. That's something you might do when you have a strong foundation in the important things.

Why not more capoella style fighters?

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

Is capoeira even a martial-art?
I have literally never heard anything martial about it. Seems entirely performance based.

Tony ferguson uses it like a boss.

Anderson silva also.

And pettis.

It can be done

Even Capcom removed Dee Jay from the roster of street fighters because the Capoeira fighter was just terribly bad

Last edited:
If you were a young guy who wanted to make it to the UFC, you would need to learn a primary striking art, how to wrestle, and have a decent understanding of submissions. The base arts associated with those things are already well known and proven.

Starting from scratch, there is a relative lack of utility in going outside the heavily represented arts. That's something you might do when you have a strong foundation in the important things.

That makes sense, but for striking wouldn't a more animalistic approach potentially net positive results?

Obviously, it wouldn't be that ridiculous, but could it work? Isn't unpredictability a key to combat? Or is MM truly the most complete fighter?

That makes sense, but for striking wouldn't a more animalistic approach potentially net positive results?

Obviously, it wouldn't be that ridiculous, but could it work? Isn't unpredictability a key to combat? Or is MM truly the most complete fighter?

I don't know man, you are way above my pay grade at this point.

They don't use Krav Maga because they don't want any fatalities in ring.

Back