Why Lewis deserves the shot way more than Stipe

lol...
Stipe is "only" the best UFC HW of all time, most defenses, beat the best in the division and lost by a lucky punch. Even Black Beast said he didn't deserve it, he knows it. Stipe > all.
Beast also blamed a poor performance on having to shit

You cant take anything he says seriously

Against who? The only other option is to have Stipe and Lewis fight.. which I would have been ok with

To be honest I'd have loved to see him against Curtis Blaydes. I know it's unpopular to knock off a contender but I'd like to see his wrestling improve before he takes on someone like Cormier. At this point I think Cormier is pretty much a lock to win.

Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t know we were discussing the perfect world. I thought we were discussing the real world. Apologies.

Insert eye rolling emoji here

In the real world, less dominant champs have gotten immediate rematches after losing the belt in spectacular fashion.

If the sport were to actually follow the ratings the OP makes sense. But that rarely happens in the UFC.

Both Lewis and Stipe have identical records in the ufc.

Lewis is riding a 2 fight winning streak and a 6 fight streak before that Hunt loss.

Stipe has not fought since being KOd in the first round..

Lewis just had an amazing highlight reel KO over a highly ranked Volkan

Lewis beat former #1 Contender in Ngannou before that.

Why in the fuck is everyone screaming for a guy who got first round KOd to get a title shot over the man who has been wrecking everyone hes faced the past 3 years?

Conor Mcgregor didnt even train for Khabib and he still went 4 rounds with him. Thats how good Conor is. Plus hes worth over 100 million, Khabib is poor.

<31>

Both Lewis and Stipe have identical records in the ufc.

Lewis is riding a 2 fight winning streak and a 6 fight streak before that Hunt loss.

Stipe has not fought since being KOd in the first round..

Lewis just had an amazing highlight reel KO over a highly ranked Volkan

Lewis beat former #1 Contender in Ngannou before that.

Why in the fuck is everyone screaming for a guy who got first round KOd to get a title shot over the man who has been wrecking everyone hes faced the past 3 years?
He doesn't. And when Lewis also stated it, then everything exhibited should be tossed. His win against Volkan was impressive because he came back from a beating, not like he was looking like a world beater for the previous rounds. I love BB, if he gets the random KO then cool, but other than punchers luck this is gonna be bad for him.

just compare their wins over Ngannou, it's enough for me

Lewis' win over Ngannou should really be credited to Stipe; Francis admitted he carried the fear roused in his title shot over into UFC 226. :)

If Lewis deserves the title shot, he shouldn't be getting like this. He's being treated like cannon fodder, the plus one in the invite to the main event. Under normal circumstances the UFC wouldn't have granted it on the mere fact of Ws alone; look at what happened at the last Werdum-Overeem fight, meant to be a title eliminator but so disappointing a fight that Dana publicly declared Alistair wouldn't get a TS based on it. But Derrick was in the right place (a highly viewed card) at the right time (desperately later than usual for a main event to be set), so here we are...

These are terrible lolllll

Stipe fought better competition, beat them more impressively, fought common opponents FAR more impressively, lost to only the best (barring Struve), has never looked as bad as Derrick Lewis on multiple occasions.

LOL @ counting the Francis fight as a win

LOL @ 'amazing highlight reel knockout' over Volkov

It's absolutely LAUGH - A - BLE to say Derrick Lewis is a more rightful contender. So silly, so, so silly.
9-1. What else do you need? Also, what kind of KO was it if not a highlight reel KO over Volkov? Try not to sound as silly as your silly response did when answering.

Lewis has looked really horrible for 6 straight rounds and landed one hail mary bomb because his opponent had a fight IQ of -200

Also his gas tank is suspect as hell, but I'm still rooting for Black Bum to KO Cormier

Conor Mcgregor didnt even train for Khabib and he still went 4 rounds with him. Thats how good Conor is. Plus hes worth over 100 million, Khabib is poor.
Wondering why this was posted on a Lewis-Stipe thread...

9-1. What else do you need? Also, what kind of KO was it if not a highlight reel KO over Volkov? Try not to sound as silly as your silly response did when answering.
He got his fuckin ass whooped, he's not even on Volkov's level as far as skill is concerned

It was a last minute home run strike, it doesn't get any more lucky

Silly ass motherfucker lol

He got his fuckin ass whooped, he's not even on Volkov's level as far as skill is concerned

It was a last minute home run strike, it doesn't get any more lucky

Silly ass motherfucker lol

Who won?

I hear you though. I’d rather see exciting fights where 3-3 LHWs, neck tats with 0 defenses and a rich Irishman get title shots rather than winners whose records indicate they earned a shot. I suspect it would be more exciting watching you get beat up than Black Homer, perhaps the masses could lobby for you to fight instead?! You do have the final say after all

Who won?

I hear you though. I’d rather see exciting fights where 3-3 LHWs, neck tats with 0 defenses and a rich Irishman get title shots rather than winners whose records indicate they earned a shot. I suspect it would be more exciting watching you get beat up than Black Homer, perhaps the masses could lobby for you to fight instead?! You do have the final say after all
This fight got made because it's the easiest fight for cormier. Nothing more, Nothing less.

If you choose to accept that, good for you

There are more viable contenders with legitimate gripes calling for the shot that didn't get it because they're too tough of a fight

Tired of the instant rematches and one-win-gets-old-champ-another-titleshot B.S.

Lewis earned his titleshot, unlike many of the other b1tches. I'm not a fan of his but he paid for it.

Tired of the instant rematches and one-win-gets-old-champ-another-titleshot B.S.

Lewis earned his titleshot, unlike many of the other b1tches. I'm not a fan of his but he paid for it.

This fight got made because it's the easiest fight for cormier. Nothing more, Nothing less.

If you choose to accept that, good for you

There are more viable contenders with legitimate gripes calling for the shot that didn't get it because they're too tough of a fight
I believe Stipe beats Lewis, but he got KOd fast. Lewis is 9-1 in the UFC despite his lack of skill. Contrary to your final say Lewis, regardless of low skill, does actually deserve this fight. Suggesting otherwise is a little crazy given his record. Take your butthurt out of the picture and look at the numbers. I personally don’t like the fight, but to complain that a deserving challenger gets a shot would make me as near sighted as.......

Back