Why Lewis deserves the shot way more than Stipe

CrimsonFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Both Lewis and Stipe have identical records in the ufc.

Lewis is riding a 2 fight winning streak and a 6 fight streak before that Hunt loss.

Stipe has not fought since being KOd in the first round..

Lewis just had an amazing highlight reel KO over a highly ranked Volkan

Lewis beat former #1 Contender in Ngannou before that.

Why in the fuck is everyone screaming for a guy who got first round KOd to get a title shot over the man who has been wrecking everyone hes faced the past 3 years?

Conor Mcgregor didnt even train for Khabib and he still went 4 rounds with him. Thats how good Conor is. Plus hes worth over 100 million, Khabib is poor.

Wrecking everyone he faced? Did you watch the Ngannou fight?

Lewis is riding a 2 fight winning streak and a 6 fight streak before that Hunt loss.

Why in the fuck is everyone screaming for a guy who got first round KOd to get a title shot over the man who has been wrecking everyone hes faced the past 3 years?
giphy.gif

Volkov, not Volkan

Chael always mixes that one up

It’s half science half art.

We all know Stipe is a better fighter. Hell, we all know that Blaydes is too.

But the guy has won. Some big, some ugly, some come from behind.

In a world where #1 contenders don’t automatcially get title shots, these debates occur.

And he’s a legit #1 contender after his last win. As ludicrous as that is, after actually seeing the fights instead of just perusing the wiki fight record.

But mostly people are complaining because it’s sherdog and because they can. What, you think they’ll complain about everything except who should get the next HW title shot?!?

It’s half science half art.

We all know Stipe is a better fighter. Hell, we all know that Blaydes is too.

But the guy has won. Some big, some ugly, some come from behind.

In a world where #1 contenders don’t automatcially get title shots, these debates occur.

And he’s a legit #1 contender after his last win. As ludicrous as that is, after actually seeing the fights instead of just perusing the wiki fight record.
How you look in the fight shouldn't decide your title shot. He won, 9 of his last 10. It's his turn

These are terrible lolllll

Stipe fought better competition, beat them more impressively, fought common opponents FAR more impressively, lost to only the best (barring Struve), has never looked as bad as Derrick Lewis on multiple occasions.

LOL @ counting the Francis fight as a win

LOL @ 'amazing highlight reel knockout' over Volkov

It's absolutely LAUGH - A - BLE to say Derrick Lewis is a more rightful contender. So silly, so, so silly.

How you look in the fight shouldn't decide your title shot. He won, 9 of his last 10. It's his turn
Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t know we were discussing the perfect world. I thought we were discussing the real world. Apologies.

Insert eye rolling emoji here

Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t know we were discussing the perfect world. I thought we were discussing the real world. Apologies.

Insert eye rolling emoji here
Well in the real world he just fought on the Conor card and stole the show. That's why he got the shot.

These are terrible lolllll

Stipe fought better competition, beat them more impressively, fought common opponents FAR more impressively, lost to only the best (barring Struve), has never looked as bad as Derrick Lewis on multiple occasions.

LOL @ counting the Francis fight as a win

LOL @ 'amazing highlight reel knockout' over Volkov

It's absolutely LAUGH - A - BLE to say Derrick Lewis is a more rightful contender. So silly, so, so silly.
:(

You had to expect this lol

I'm happy for Derrick, good opportunity, good pay day

Shame on DC and the UFC

And also, some blame to Stipe for being the idiot who caused all of this, thinking he was going to march through DC

Meh, the way I see it both narratives are weak. Lewis doesn't deserve the title shot, Stipe does based on accomplishment, but he got finished violently in a round. Lewis has been consistent in his results yes, but the way he gets those results is less than stellar. We all know guys like Lewis get passed up all the time.

This fight is happening because of the UFC period. Money talks. DC took the bag, and Lewis is the shiny new toy with the Instagram followers. Plus he's on a winning streak so the company can cover their ass with the media. Corruption is running rampant in the UFC and its up to the fighters to stop it. They have no idea how much power they all have as a united front.

Easier said than done, but that's the only way to stop the UFC from going where it's headed.

TL;DR don't blame the fighters, blame the company.

Last edited:

Shame on DC and the UFC

And also, some blame to Stipe for being the idiot who caused all of this, thinking he was going to march through DC
I know you are Stipes biggest fan, but i feel like you should be able to admit Lewis deserves his shot.

For the record I actually think he has a damn good chance to win too.

I know you are Stipes biggest fan, but i feel like you should be able to admit Lewis deserves his shot.

For the record I actually think he has a damn good chance to win too.
I don't think Derrick deserves it at the moment, but it isn't necessarily his fault. The UFC continues to mismanage divisions and fuck up and/or manipulate the title picture so he gets one anyway. Good on him I guess

I think Blaydes and Stipe are both more deserving

Conor Mcgregor didnt even train for Khabib and he still went 4 rounds with him. Thats how good Conor is. Plus hes worth over 100 million, Khabib is poor.
Lol that fight could've ended in the 2nd.

Shame on DC and the UFC

I agree with all this.

But it’s funny when a guy asks a question but refuses to hear the answer.

He’s the #1 contender and an obvious choice for the next title. And anyone who didn’t get why some think another fighter should get it instead has their head in the sand. And those two statements are not mutually exclusive.

I don't think Derrick deserves it at the moment, but it isn't necessarily his fault. The UFC continues to mismanage divisions and fuck up and/or manipulate the title picture so he gets one anyway. Good on him I guess

I think Blaydes and Stipe are both more deserving
Will you admit you are wrong if Lewis wins?

You're putting too much emphasis on the last fight. Stipe was the most dominant HW champ. He's proven himself to be higher caliber than Lewis. Volkov isn't a big win and Ngannou was ruined from the Stipe fight.

Will you admit you are wrong if Lewis wins?
Don't get me wrong, I can imagine a world in which Derrick wins. I can see that happening, especially if dc is having hand troubles and is over confident. Dc won the belt because he fought an over confident champ. I know what that can do.

But deserving a fight is a little different than winning it, so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything

Back