Why Lewis deserves the shot way more than Stipe

Don't get me wrong, I can imagine a world in which Derrick wins. I can see that happening, especially if dc is having hand troubles and is over confident. Dc won the belt because he fought an over confident champ. I know what that can do.

But deserving a fight is a little different than winning it, so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything
Well if he wins the belt he clearly deserved to be there... people are mad because they don't believe Lewis will put up a fight.

Except you, you mad because you like Stipe alot. I get it. I actually respect your loyalty.

Apart from making excuses for the loss to DC

He deserves it more because he won 9 out of his last 10 and immediate rematches are bullshit

Conor Mcgregor didnt even train for Khabib and he still went 4 rounds with him. Thats how good Conor is. Plus hes worth over 100 million, Khabib is poor.
Fuck off.
C33F2147-BFF8-48A1-99A5-E97AC69E819F.jpeg

I don't think Derrick deserves it at the moment, but it isn't necessarily his fault. The UFC continues to mismanage divisions and fuck up and/or manipulate the title picture so he gets one anyway. Good on him I guess

I think Blaydes and Stipe are both more deserving
This was half my point. We know Lewis isn’t as good as those two guys. OTOH he is the legit #1 contender.

This situation doesn’t occur very often. So even if the UFC hadn’t been so fucktardy lately about #1 contenders getting the next title shots, it would be controversial.

It’s double so with UFCs recent level of title shot fucktardery.

There. I explained it so well that even TS can understand, AND i invented 2 new words. SFF FTW

I'm just hoping Lewis can have more time to work on his cardio so that he'll be ready for a 5 rounder. I mean the guy said himself he doesn't have the gas tank for a title fight yet. Stipe on the other hand is proven, and he's got the resume to back up the fact he is deserving of a rematch. That being said, I'd rather he get a win under his belt before he takes on Cormier again.

This was half my point. We know Lewis isn’t as good as those two guys. OTOH he is the legit #1 contender.

This situation doesn’t occur very often. So even if the UFC hadn’t been so fucktardy lately about #1 contenders getting the next title shots, it would be controversial.

There. I explained it perfectly so even TS can understand AND i invented 2 new words. SFF FTW
I agree with that

I'm just hoping Lewis can have more time to work on his cardio so that he'll be ready for a 5 rounder. I mean the guy said himself he doesn't have the gas tank for a title fight yet. Stipe on the other hand is proven, and he's got the resume to back up the fact he is deserving of a rematch. That being said, I'd rather he get a win under his belt before he takes on Cormier again.
Against who? The only other option is to have Stipe and Lewis fight.. which I would have been ok with

Lewis has this act going where he tries to come across as overly humble.

Search for his TMZ interview after 229
He believes he will beat DC, he said "I visualize myself winning"

Lewis had a 5th round finish less than 2 years ago

These are terrible lolllll

Stipe fought better competition, beat them more impressively, fought common opponents FAR more impressively, lost to only the best (barring Struve), has never looked as bad as Derrick Lewis on multiple occasions.

LOL @ counting the Francis fight as a win

LOL @ 'amazing highlight reel knockout' over Volkov

It's absolutely LAUGH - A - BLE to say Derrick Lewis is a more rightful contender. So silly, so, so silly.

So the guy that got KOd in the 1st rd in his last fight deserves a title shot over the guy that just beat 2 top five fighters back to back and brutally finished 1 of them?

Only on sherdog.....

Black Beast fighting for the belt while Stipe pouts is too funny to be mad at. I'm glad it's going down like this

The dude in your av is broke. Not sure why you assume I’m a Khabib fan just because I called you out for crying like a little bitch about Connie’s loss. Move on fatty
Thats me in my av. U wouldnt of brought it up if you knew I wasnt right. Ur shook and its easy to tell. Its just a sport kid.

There. I explained it so well that even TS can understand, AND i invented 2 new words. SFF FTW
You could make the case that all three of these guys deserve the shot over each other. All the more reason to shit on the UFC for inconsistency and having no clear criteria

So the guy that got KOd in the 1st rd in his last fight deserves a title shot over the guy that just beat 2 top five fighters back to back and brutally finished 1 of them?

Only on sherdog.....
Post is so stupid I'm gonna leave you alone with it to try and figure it out

Stipe isn't getting his rematch because he pissed Dana off. First, after he beat Francis he took the belt from Dana and let someone else put it on him because he doesn't respect him, then after his loss he whines and cries to get a rematch. People should know by now that Dana is an alpha with his fighters and if they act like Stipe and disrespect him, they get shit on. He's got no one else to blame but himself.

I don't think Derrick deserves it at the moment, but it isn't necessarily his fault. The UFC continues to mismanage divisions and fuck up and/or manipulate the title picture so he gets one anyway. Good on him I guess

I think Blaydes and Stipe are both more deserving

Lol why is Blaydes more deserving? Lewis has beaten the higher ranked fighters. And young ones too. Blaydes has beaten fighters on the verge of retirement.

Both Lewis and Stipe have identical records in the ufc.

Lewis is riding a 2 fight winning streak and a 6 fight streak before that Hunt loss.

Stipe has not fought since being KOd in the first round..

Lewis just had an amazing highlight reel KO over a highly ranked Volkan

Lewis beat former #1 Contender in Ngannou before that.

Why in the fuck is everyone screaming for a guy who got first round KOd to get a title shot over the man who has been wrecking everyone hes faced the past 3 years?
lol...
Stipe is "only" the best UFC HW of all time, most defenses, beat the best in the division and lost by a lucky punch. Even Black Beast said he didn't deserve it, he knows it. Stipe > all.

Back