Why is global warming so scary?

No, food security comes from many things which are negatively impacted by climate change. More frequent droughts are only one aspect of that. The warmth and acidity of the oceans and the effects on fish populations is another massive aspect. Yes, climate change is linked to warmer conditions suitable for tropical diseases and vectors such as ticks and mosquitoes spreading to lattitudes they currently don't inhabit (these both effect food security and are a direct threat to human lives). No, mass relocations will come from rising oceans as well as droughts, famines and increased conflicts (similar to the effects of drought exacerbating the situation in Syria). This is not "double dipping" it's showing the exact concerns from the chain of effects caused by climate change. Which is what you asked for.

I think you are massively overstating the actual problem of climate change. These other issues (food and water security) can actually be addressed. It seems a rather huge waste of resources to solve the issue by trying to fix the climate. How would we even go about doing that in a meaningful way?

Going back to the earthquake example I used earlier.... we don't try to stop earthquakes from happening. We make our buildings earthquake resistant. This, imo, should be our outlook in dealing with climate change

You're doing what you always do, which is bringing zero knowledge to the discussion, making illogical arguments and standing by them when they have been shown illogical, demanding spoonfeeding by others on every single point of factual relevance, and dancing around the argument as it suits your goal of obscuring it.
lol at this cry baby shit. Save it.

If it is the case that climate change is causing water shortages, then the water shortages that are to be dealt with in place must be dealt with like any water shortage. It's self-evident. You conserve the water you have access to, attempt to access more water, determine as best you can what caused the shortage, and adapt your behavior at every scale so as to prevent future shortages according to your understanding. You know this. People in comas know this. Bolded, you are suggesting we not do, though you know better.

Adapting your behavior would be further development of desalination. Lo fucking L at trying to convince anybody it would be to stop the climate from changing

Why say what you did unless you were trying to undermine fears about water shortages?

because stopping the climate from changing isn't an efficient way of stopping water shortages.... How this isn't painfully obvious is beyond me.

I won't be too bad, humans are extremely adaptable. The hundreds of millions on the coastline will simply adapt and start a new life under the sea. Where there will be no accusations, just friendly crustaceans...Under the sea

Yeah, relocation of ALL coastal cities sucks, but it seems inevitable.

So, let's suck it up, deal with it, and plan for what comes next instead of spending all our energy trying to delay it by like 20 years.

Do you know of a way to stop it or just plans to delay it by like 20 years or some bullshit like that?

If we can only delay it then our energy is better spent on planning how to relocate people, build new cities, and move industries more inland.

Delaying it by 20 years just to pass the hot potato on to our grandchildren is selfish horseshit.
The effects will be far more severe if we do nothing and it's not just the coasts it's the south as well , how hot is too hot ?

I think you are massively overstating the actual problem of climate change. These other issues (food and water security) can actually be addressed. It seems a rather huge waste of resources to solve the issue by trying to fix the climate. How would we even go about doing that in a meaningful way?

Going back to the earthquake example I used earlier.... we don't try to stop earthquakes from happening. We make our buildings earthquake resistant. This, imo, should be our outlook in dealing with climate change
Why is it that the actual experts and scientists that spend their lives studying this issued are worried about it but people that dont bother researching it, aren't?

Why is it that you think food and water security aren't interlinked with climate change? If the climate warms too much, crops die off. The fish in the ocean die off.

I won't be too bad, humans are extremely adaptable. The hundreds of millions on the coastline will simply adapt and start a new life under the sea. Where there will be no accusations, just friendly crustaceans...Under the sea

1. Earthquakes are beyond our control, climate change isn't. Why don't we just stop fucking doing the things that are changing the climate?
2. Earthquakes aren't global in scale, and they aren't continual.

Your ability to reason is clearly compromised if you think these 2 things are comparable. An earthquake, or a series of them, doesn't cause mass population die off, the seas to rise, the oceans to acidify. Stop pretending you're more intelligent than the world's collective body of scientists. You're not.

The effects will be far more severe if we do nothing and it's not just the coasts it's the south as well , how hot is too hot ?
That's what I was asking you. How hot is too hot? How much more coast? How much more quickly? etc?

Why is it that the actual experts and scientists that spend their lives studying this issued are worried about it but people that dont bother researching it, aren't?

Why is it that you think food and water security aren't interlinked with climate change? If the climate warms too much, crops die off. The fish in the ocean die off.

Climate scientists predict the end of the world will be due to climate. War experts think it'll be war. So on and so on. You thinking the efficient way to solve these issues is by fixing the climate is fucking retarded.

Nobody is saying do nothing. We are saying lets focus on problems we can actually work on

Once global cooling starts ramping up, the future generations will think we were retards for not warming the globe more.

this sounds scienterific to me

Climate scientists predict the end of the world will be due to climate. War experts think it'll be war. So on and so on. You thinking the efficient way to solve these issues is by fixing the climate is fucking retarded.
Climate scientists don't make predictions for the end of the world. That's not how science works. They analyze data. This is extremely simplistic thinking on your end.

Nobody is saying do nothing. We are saying lets focus on problems we can actually work on
What do you think we and other are suggesting? Slowing and reversing climate change IS something we can actually work on. We can reduce and eliminate carbon output. We can develop green energy technology. We can develop more environmentally friendly products. We can eliminate or reduce waste run off into the oceans. There are thousands of activities we can do to reverse or slow climate change.

I will be dead by the time that happens so it doesn't bother me.

Climate scientists don't make predictions for the end of the world. That's not how science works. They analyze data. This is extremely simplistic thinking on your end.

It wasnt meant to be taken literally... climate change predictions are trash

reversing climate change IS something we can actually work on. We can reduce and eliminate carbon output. We can develop green energy technology. We can develop more environmentally friendly products. We can eliminate or reduce waste run off into the oceans. There are thousands of activities we can do to reverse or slow climate change.

Lol at thinking that will reverse the predictions that have been made

That's what I was asking you. How hot is too hot? How much more coast? How much more quickly? etc?
No one knows for certain but to not try and slow and eventually stop global warming is akin to your house being on fire and not trying to put it out .

If we do nothing things will be very very bad that much seems clear , we simply have to try .

There is still a lot of ice in the st. Mary's river, especially above the soo locks making ship navigation problematic. There should not be this much ice this time of year... It was a brutal winter on the Great Lakes. Didnt feel a bit of the warming....

Back