Why is Fedor Emelianenko considered the GOAT?

770483_o.gif
He was getting his shit pushed in until he landed that haymaker.

He was what Jon Jones is now including the controversial loss.
He was the first great mma fighter that fought his opponents at their strengths.
He was undefeated for 10 years and competed at heavyweight while looking like an overweight dad.
If he had retired pre or post werdum their would be no argument that he was the GOAT. He looked unbeatable and still hasn't failed a drug test, whether he was clean or not I have no clue.
I also believe that at his best he would beat Jon Jones. The gameplan DC was using is exactly what would of worked well for Fedor, however I believe Fedor hit harder and had the greater MMA game at the time. The takedowns he displayed years ago would of been enough to work on Jones.

The similarities in their careers are amazing and I can't believe how many people don't see that.
10 years from now people will be saying the same about Jones and the next so called GOAT.

He was what Jon Jones is now including the controversial loss.
He was the first great mma fighter that fought his opponents at their strengths.
He was undefeated for 10 years and competed at heavyweight while looking like an overweight dad.
If he had retired pre or post werdum their would be no argument that he was the GOAT. He looked unbeatable and still hasn't failed a drug test, whether he was clean or not I have no clue.
I also believe that at his best he would beat Jon Jones. The gameplan DC was using is exactly what would of worked well for Fedor, however I believe Fedor hit harder and had the greater MMA game at the time. The takedowns he displayed years ago would of been enough to work on Jones.

The similarities in their careers are amazing and I can't believe how many people don't see that.
10 years from now people will be saying the same about Jones and the next so called GOAT.
Good point, even the debatable loss is there.

Out of 24 matches, Jones has fought against 13 fighters ranked inside inside the 10 top, and 17 were in the top 50.
Sounds like Jones should fight more to get even with Fedor's level of competition.

Back