Why is everybody complaining about the Bisping-GSp fight?

SubmarinerX

Soldier of God
@Yellow
Reaction score
As long as Whittaker is out, there is no clear cut contender anyway. Nobody at MW has a right to complain about that fight:

Romero just fought for the interim title and lost, could not fight Bisping for the real title, has not won since

Jacare just lost to Whittaker and has not won since, could not fight for the real title

Weidman lost 3 in a row, among others to Romero (who just lost top Whittaker) and Rockhold; a win over a fat WW does not give you a title shot (in fairness he is not complaining)

Rockhold, I am a big fan but he is behaving like the worst crybaby ever: He lost to Bisping and hasn't fought since. He couldn't challenge for the title if he wanted to, his last win was almost two years ago, his last fight (which he lost) was more than one year ago. He hasn't fought any other top contender or anybody at all for that matter. How would he get a title shot right now?

Don't get me wrong, as a big GSP fan I am not a big fan of this fight, I think he should have come back to WW in order to further cement his legacy there instead of taking such a high risk in a weight class in which he won't stay. And ofc the UFC should move on with the MW division. But what is Luke losing out on exactly when he has not "qualified" himself for a title fight anyway?

I don't care about the drama. I am just excited about the return one one of MMA's finest ever.

War GSP!

Since Whittaker's out anyway I got no problem with it.
If the winner ducks Bobby Knuckles I'm leaving a flaming bag of shit outside UFC HQ

Because it was rumored back during a time where Whittaker, Rockhold, Mousasi, Romero and Souza would all have been fine.

Yet instead, he fights Henderson followed by a Welterweight who hasn't competed in 4 years who's running out of money.

Laughable.

I like them both and I think it's a great fight.
GSP is a legend and he can choose who he wants to fight.

Because peoples are stupid.

Hope GSP calls out Anderson after Bisping, just to make some of you cry again.

bkhbIX7.gif

I'm actually looking forward to the fight. At the same time, though, I think giving GSP a MW title shot is absolutely fucking retarded.

As long as Whittaker is out, there is no clear cut contender anyway. Nobody at MW has a right to complain about that fight:

Romero just fought for the interim title and lost, could not fight Bisping for the real title, has not won since

Jacare just lost to Whittaker and has not won since, could not fight for the real title

Weidman lost 3 in a row, among others to Romero (who just lost top Whittaker) and Rockhold; a win over a fat WW does not give you a title shot (in fairness he is not complaining)

Rockhold, I am a big fan but he is behaving like the worst crybaby ever: He lost to Bisping and hasn't fought since. He couldn't challenge for the title if he wanted to, his last win was almost two years ago, his last fight (which he lost) was more than one year ago. He hasn't fought any other top contender or anybody at all for that matter. How would he get a title shot right now?

Don't get me wrong, as a big GSP fan I am not a big fan of this fight, I think he should have come back to WW in order to further cement his legacy there instead of taking such a high risk in a weight class in which he won't stay. And ofc the UFC should move on with the MW division. But what is Luke losing out on exactly when he has not "qualified" himself for a title fight anyway?

If you have to ask, you're not an MMA fan.

Im really curious to see how GSP performs at 185.

25-2 with 9 title defenses GSP WW legacy has been cemented

The same combat casuals who think the bald black bodybuilder is unbeatable whether they hype Hector Lombard or Jacare or Yoel.

GSP was boring in the prime of his title run. He lost his killer instinct.

I didn't care when he left because he got beat up and should have lost anyway. He was going to lose the belt soon, as the sport was passing him by.

It's not like he left in the middle of pure, exciting dominance. He's also coming back against another boring, unconvincing champ in Bisping.

The fight sucks. I could care less if Bisping stuffs enough TDs to work his pillow fists, or if GSP can lay on him enough to get his points.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that SIlva, Fedor, Jones, Aldo fans are just bitter because "their" guy turned out to be human. Years of ripping on GSP has turned into a bitchfest because the bitter bitches see what an opportunity this is to cement GSP' GOAT status...even though that really doesn't matter.

It's hard for some of the fan boys to appreciate the other great fighters..."their" guy HAS to be the best.

Because it was rumored back during a time where Whittaker, Rockhold, Mousasi, Romero and Souza would all have been fine.

Yet instead, he fights Henderson followed by a Welterweight who hasn't competed in 4 years who's running out of money.

Laughable.

he's running out of money??

Greaser got his ass kicked in his last fight, four years ago in a different division.

Stupid matchmaking.

No clear contender? That's what you're going w ts? Are there not levels of worthiness of a title shot when there's no clear contender?

Could gsp beat Romero, jacare, rockhold, weidman, Anderson, Brunson, etc.?

Gsp can t even get a finish over a welterweight, and hasn't fought in three years but he's somehow the most worthy to stand in for Whittaker?

Ts are you losing your mind or did it ever work properly from the start?

Back