Why is Ben Askren considered a boring fighter?

did askren ever beat those caliber of comp that wasn't 5 years ago? Oh , Eddie tested himself , how about Ben ? Doesn't it suck no-one will remember askren ?

Dana didn't want him. He then took the most lucrative deal. Why the hate? Who the F is Dana to tell him to go to to WSOF? That's a damn insult. Their champ at the time was a Bellator wash-out who lost to Dan Hornbuckle.

did askren ever beat those caliber of comp that wasn't 5 years ago? Oh , Eddie tested himself , how about Ben ? Doesn't it suck no-one will remember askren ?

Askren will be remembered long after Eddie. Eddie was one of many short lived champs. Askren is a top 2 fighter to be blackballed by the UFC and 1 of only two wrestlers to be named the NCAA MVP twice.

Plus his wrestling schools are highly successful in Wisconsin.

Regardless though... if you are fighting "to be remembered" by a bunch of people you don't know; then you are fighting for the wrong reasons.

Askren will be remembered long after Eddie. Eddie was one of many short lived champs. Askren is a top 2 fighter to be blackballed by the UFC and 1 of only two wrestlers to be named the NCAA MVP twice.

Regardless though... if you are fighting "to be remembered" by a bunch of people you don't know; then you are fighting for the wrong reasons.
lmfao noone will remember nor care for askren other then his 500 fans sorry, it's facts. Eddie was on tuf getting world wide exposure while askren is fighting in an organization no-one cares about , you sound delusional

Dana didn't want him. He then took the most lucrative deal. Why the hate? Who the F is Dana to tell him to go to to WSOF? That's a damn insult. Their champ at the time was a Bellator wash-out who lost to Dan Hornbuckle.
who would hire someone bad mouthing the boss as if askren pulls In viewers? Lol ben hasbeen is not even top 20 these days

so askren should've be discussed in any p4p or what ifs, he had his opportunity to present his skill and didn't

He presented his skill just fine. It's not his fault you're incapable of recognizing the skill of fighters without resorting to rankings and name-value.

He presented his skill just fine. It's not his fault you're incapable of recognizing the skill of fighters without resorting to rankings and name-value.

If Lebron got paid more money to play basketball in an Asian league this guy would think Lebron sucks at basketball because it isn't happening in the NBA.

Or the Cuban baseball studs that fail to make it over to the MLB due Visa issues... They suck too because they didn't play in the MLB.

One of two wrestlers to be NCAA MVP twice? I can think of at least 3 others off the top of my head who are 2x Hodge winners.

Last edited:
One of two wrestlers to be NCAA MVP twice? I can think of at least 3 others off the top of my head who are 2x Hodge winners.

Lets hear them? I messed up by saying one of two. He was one of two when he won it.

Now its:
Cael Sanderson
Ben Askren
David Taylor

Weird that Taylor has 2 but not Kyle Dake.

Dake prevented Taylor from being the first 3 time Hodge winner most likely when he beat Taylor in their historic match. Dakes problem in terms of MVP was that he was just too technically sound and stayed in good position. Wasn't flashy enough, as he was content with winning matches 3-0 Instead of 12-3.

Whats crazy is Kyle Snyder might not ever get one.

skill at crushing cans, name me one fighter that' relevant that askren fought this year or last? Oh

As a fan why do you care about the type of numbers he would pull in? Are you one of those posters who think Mighty Mouse should be fired because he isn't a draw?
Mm is leagues more entertaining then askren that's a fact

Lets hear them? I messed up by saying one of two. He was one of two when he won it.

Now its:
Cael Sanderson
Ben Askren
David Taylor

Pretty sure Retherford won another

Edit: looked it up and stand corrected. He only won it in 17.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Retherford won another
Nope this was his first. He has 1 year left of eligibility though. So he could get a second one if they don't give it to Snyder due to his his out-of-season accomplishments.

skill at crushing cans, name me one fighter that' relevant that askren fought this year or last? Oh

Exactly, the only thing you can say is "relevant"-- if a fighter isn't popular or ranked you can't tell if they actually have skills or not.

Been a week since his retirement. Nobody wonders what he'll do next. 7 billion people in the world know he'll go back to farm. Thank you for everything. Chao

Exactly, the only thing you can say is "relevant"-- if a fighter isn't popular or ranked you can't tell if they actually have skills or not.
askren fights guys in the top 100 , top 50 . If they had so much good skills they'l be higher then that, dontchathink?? That's the point of rankings .

askren fights guys in the top 100 , top 50 . If they had so much good skills they'l be higher then that, dontchathink?? That's the point of rankings .

See, even now you can't actually recognize skill. You're just sticking to ranking.

Back