Why is Ben Askren considered a boring fighter?

Maybe but Bendo has shown that they can't look exciting vs Koreshkov.

I don't consider Bendo a Top 10 WW. The best win he had was a close fight with Masvidal, and both guys were new to the division (i.e., not Top 10) at the time. And I'm still not impressed with Masvidal--he KO'd Cerrone (along with tons of other guys) but hasn't done much else.

LOL no based off what ? Will Brooks was bellator chapion now he's looking like a can in the ufc.

Based off having a dominant win over Larkin, who beat Lawler and smashed Neil Magny.

Eddie Alvarez had some success in the UFC after leaving Bellator.

Woodley, Wonderboy, Robbie, Rory, and Colby are probably the top 5. Lima matches up well with Robbie IMO, and if he beats Rory, he's furmly in the top 5.

I don't consider Bendo a Top 10 WW. The best win he had was a close fight with Masvidal, and both guys were new to the division (i.e., not Top 10) at the time. And I'm still not impressed with Masvidal--he KO'd Cerrone (along with tons of other guys) but hasn't done much else.

Just saying he was 2-0 at WW. Masvidal is in most posters top 10. Granted the Bendo loss was close. But the ease that Koreshkov won that fight to me suggest he is a top 10 fighter. With guys in other orgs you don't often have as much to go on. So Lima beating him and Larkin are both real nice wins imo.

If a UFC fighter would have done to Bendo what Koreshkov did directly after the Masvidal win. People would have no issue having that guy at the very least in the top 10; but because its in a different org they are nervous to do it.

Just saying he was 2-0 at WW. Masvidal is in most posters top 10. Granted the Bendo loss was close. But the ease that Koreshkov won that fight to me suggest he is a top 10 fighter. With guys in other orgs you don't often have as much to go on. So Lima beating him and Larkin are both real nice wins imo.

If a UFC fighter would have done to Bendo what Koreshkov did directly after the Masvidal win. People would have no issue having that guy at the very least in the top 10; but because its in a different org they are nervous to do it.
it's another org. With no kind of steroid testing , nobody takes those organizations serious. Like I said will brooks was bellators champ and when he got into the UFC , dude couldn't even beat top 15

it's another org. With no kind of steroid testing , nobody takes those organizations serious. Like I said will brooks was bellators champ and when he got into the UFC , dude couldn't even beat top 15

Are you suggesting you think Askren is more likely to be roiding than the UFC fighters at 170 lbs?

I'd disagree and Askren's opponents seem to clearly be using them on the other hand. And unlike Bendo he couldn't compete.

Will Brooks has been a letdown with some bad luck to go with it no doubt.

It goes both ways though. A guy like Bendo was a long time champ in the UFC and he has been getting worked over in Bellator.

Alvarez was a UFC champ and most internet scorecards don't have him beating Chandler in his final fight so arguably not the best. Alvarez went on to win UFC gold.

Larkin was a fast rising top guy only to come over and taste defeat.

A guy like Volkan had a losing record and was cut from Bellator and he is set to fight for the title in the UFC if he gets his legal troubles solved.

You just don't like Askren for whatever reason; its fine. But you'd be better served to just ignore his threads than try and make weak arguements about his ability that always end up getting disproven and if anything help bring positive attention to the guy you don't want to have any.

Are you suggesting you think Askren is more likely to be roiding than the UFC fighters at 170 lbs?

I'd disagree and Askren's opponents seem to clearly be using them on the other hand. And unlike Bendo he couldn't compete.

Will Brooks has been a letdown with some bad luck to go with it no doubt.

It goes both ways though. A guy like Bendo was a long time champ in the UFC and he has been getting worked over in Bellator.

Alvarez was a UFC champ and most internet scorecards don't have him beating Chandler in his final fight so arguably not the best. Alvarez went on to win UFC gold.

Larkin was a fast rising top guy only to come over and taste defeat.

A guy like Volkan had a losing record and was cut from Bellator and he is set to fight for the title in the UFC if he gets his legal troubles solved.

You just don't like Askren for whatever reason; its fine. But you'd be better served to just ignore his threads than try and make weak arguements about his ability that always end up getting disproven and if anything help bring positive attention to the guy you don't want to have any.
you defend askren as if he's your lover , I don't take that consideration . Eddie was champ in bellator and UFC btw . Askren avoided wsof when their ww division was stacked as ever. Ben is a boring fighter who cherry picks his opponent . Dude hasn' fought top 15 since 4 years ago LOL

Askren avoided wsof when their ww division was stacked as ever. Ben is a boring fighter who cherry picks his opponent .

He wasn't gonna take a paycut to fight Jake Shields, Jon Fitch or Rousimar Palhares. Those guys aren't people you take a paycut to fight; there are a lot of guys that are worth taking a paycut to fight, but they aren't them. There's too little to gain (the notoriety you get isn't much unless you're looking for your name-maker win, like the guy who KO'd Palhares did; it doesn't help your ranking; it doesn't improve your stock; it doesn't advance your career; and it doesn't even get you closer to the UFC, since three of the WSOF champs didn't cross over to the UFC cuz' Dana didn't like 'em) and the compensation isn't enough. Askren could've beaten all three of them decisively and it wouldn't have done anything more for his career than being in ONE did-- it actually would've done less, since by now he'd have made less money, he'd still be retired (since Dana STILL holds a grudge against him and wouldn't have signed him and Askren's been pretty set on retiring at 33 while he has his health for a long time now), and the exchange for all that is he'd be ranked, like, 6th instead of 8th. Rankings aren't everything.
And not only does he have no say in the matchmaking process at ONE-- so saying he cherry picks his opponents is just completely flawed (and I think Sapo and Aleksakhin's performances against Askren prove that they weren't as overmatched and incompetent as people think-- Askren would've stormed through Nikolay like he did Koreshkov if that were the case)-- but he's only had one boring fight among his last 9. The rest have been pretty entertaining. The only way I can imagine somebody saying Askren's a boring fighter is if they haven't watched a fight of his since Lima-- otherwise it's like saying Demian Maia's a boring fighter (if you feel he's boring, too, though, then I can see why Askren wouldn't be your cup of tea.)

He wasn't gonna take a paycut to fight Jake Shields, Jon Fitch or Rousimar Palhares. Those guys aren't people you take a paycut to fight; there are a lot of guys that are worth taking a paycut to fight, but they aren't them. There's too little to gain (the notoriety you get isn't much unless you're looking for your name-maker win, like the guy who KO'd Palhares did; it doesn't help your ranking; it doesn't improve your stock; it doesn't advance your career; and it doesn't even get you closer to the UFC, since three of the WSOF champs didn't cross over to the UFC cuz' Dana didn't like 'em) and the compensation isn't enough. Askren could've beaten all three of them decisively and it wouldn't have done anything more for his career than being in ONE did-- it actually would've done less, since by now he'd have made less money, he'd still be retired (since Dana STILL holds a grudge against him and wouldn't have signed him and Askren's been pretty set on retiring at 33 while he has his health for a long time now), and the exchange for all that is he'd be ranked, like, 6th instead of 8th. Rankings aren't everything.
And not only does he have no say in the matchmaking process at ONE-- so saying he cherry picks his opponents is just completely flawed (and I think Sapo and Aleksakhin's performances against Askren prove that they weren't as overmatched and incompetent as people think-- Askren would've stormed through Nikolay like he did Koreshkov if that were the case)-- but he's only had one boring fight among his last 9. The rest have been pretty entertaining. The only way I can imagine somebody saying Askren's a boring fighter is if they haven't watched a fight of his since Lima-- otherwise it's like saying Demian Maia's a boring fighter (if you feel he's boring, too, though, then I can see why Askren wouldn't be your cup of tea.)
so askren should've be discussed in any p4p or what ifs, he had his opportunity to present his skill and didn't

you defend askren as if he's your lover

If only I could be so lucky.
tumblr_lyoh5kAH5X1rnpheko1_500.jpg

...and like I said, Eddie Alvarez was Bdllator champ and lost their title to Chandler. He then won the UFC title.

Because he's a boring fighter.

You only need to watch his fights. This 'sport' is entertainment. He's not.

you defend askren as if he's your lover , I don't take that consideration . Eddie was champ in bellator and UFC btw . Askren avoided wsof when their ww division was stacked as ever. Ben is a boring fighter who cherry picks his opponent . Dude hasn' fought top 15 since 4 years ago LOL

Nonsemse. Steve Carl was WSOF champ when Askren left Bellator. Steve Carl couldn't even earn a title shot while in Bellator.

So he became champ? And he beat guys like Pettis, Gilbert, and KO'd RDA?

You're being a phag for phag's sake.

Bravo.
did askren ever beat those caliber of comp that wasn't 5 years ago? Oh , Eddie tested himself , how about Ben ? Doesn't it suck no-one will remember askren ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back