Why is 80s music so well liked

Paul Oakenfold did a remix of "wrote for luck" that was so good that the Happy Mondays had him produce and mix their next album "pills, thrills, and bellyaches" and it is known as one of the finest madchester albums ever.

I preffer the original in that case though, almost sounds like Can reformed and recruited Shaun as the new singer with that loose limbed groove.

"loose limbed" perfectly describes a lot of their sound.

The 80s was great because of all the unique and authentic styles of chart/pop music that was out back then. It all sounded fresh compared to music from today that sounds like it was cut and pasted into a music software program. 80s music basically has more soul than todays music.

(Remember Jet and the Strokes?),
The Strokes are my second favorite band behind Pearl Jam. They still put out good music, hopefully they tour again soon.

Stomps on the 90s. The 90s ruined music.
They are way different of course.

Me listening to 90s grunge during my formative years makes me biased, like others have noted in this thread.

Stomps on the 90s. The 90s ruined music.
More like saved music.

The Stone Roses, Radiohead, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Rage against the Machine, fuc*ing Tool FFS, Ministry, Melvins, Godflesh, Type O Negative, 90's Pantera, Slayer, Metallica and Megadeth, 2Pac, Mobb Deep, Wu Tang MAN!!!! Deftones and everything that was on THPS - This was the stuff that we could actually see on the TV and hear on the radio.

And it wasn't just mainstream music that was on it's peak, fuc*ing Heartwork, Individual Thought Patterns, Symbolic and Left Hand Path came out in the 90's. The Bends and OK Computer both came out in the 90's.

GOAT decade for music, hands down. Bad decade if you're into pop garbage or glitzy-glammy guitar acts, GOAT decade for rock, rap and alternative.

More like saved music.

The Stone Roses, Radiohead, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Rage against the Machine, fuc*ing Tool FFS, Ministry, Melvins, Godflesh, Type O Negative, 90's Pantera, Slayer, Metallica and Megadeth, 2Pac, Mobb Deep, Wu Tang MAN!!!! Deftones and everything that was on THPS - This was the stuff that we could actually see on the TV and hear on the radio.

And it wasn't just mainstream music that was on it's peak, fuc*ing Heartwork, Individual Thought Patterns, Symbolic and Left Hand Path came out in the 90's. The Bends and OK Computer both came out in the 90's.

GOAT decade for music, hands down. Bad decade if you're into pop garbage or glitzy-glammy guitar acts, GOAT decade for rock, rap and alternative.

I'd point out the Stone Roses released most of their best work in the 80's not to mention...

The Pixies
REM
The Jesus and Mary Chain
Spacemen 3
The Minutemen
New Order
The Replacements
The Smiths
Husker Du

Really the 90's alt rock scene was heavily based on music that had developed in the 80's,

Last edited:
The Strokes are my second favorite band behind Pearl Jam. They still put out good music, hopefully they tour again soon.
Fucking love the strokes bro! i remember when they first came out.

If you think the 80's was only slick production then....

80's music is liked because not only did we grow up with it, so it is like sonic comfort food, but it is the last era when people actually could play music and their instruments. In the modern era, no one understands music, they just depend on their computer software sounds to get them by. Singers from the 80's like Whitney Houston, Debbie Gibson and Prince could not only sing, but they had professional composers writing their music or they were high level musicians. Today, we have talentless goof balls like Lil Pump hitting some buttons on Fruity Loops or Garage Band and making sonic diarrhea and incapable of understanding the difference between a major and minor scale; it's like being a boxer and not knowing what a jab or hook is.

Back