Why exactly did they not let Weidman continue?

the doc asked him how many fingers he was holding up and he said 'potato'

Yea I don't understand if the ref ruled illegal and they stop it it wasn't DQ/no contest?

Yea I don't understand if the ref ruled illegal and they stop it it wasn't DQ/no contest?

it should have been one of those once the doc ruled he couldn't continue.

NY doesn't allow video replays, therefore the illegal knee ruling should have been upheld.

I'm not faulting Big Mirg, it was close and upon first look appeared to be illegal. I'm faulting the system in place they have.

it should have been one of those once the doc ruled he couldn't continue.

NY doesn't allow video replays, therefore the illegal knee ruling should have been upheld.

I'm not faulting Big Mirg, it was close and upon first look appeared to be illegal. I'm faulting the system in place they have.
Yea, I just don't understand the result if that's how they rule, did someone let big mirg that it wasn't illegal?

Didn't know what day it was. They said "you know now, but didn't before"

the doc asked him how many fingers he was holding up and he said 'potato'

Nope when the doc asked him that, Weidman thought it was a trick question and answered "I had them all ten on the ground."

chris weidman knew what he was doing. He wanted to win by DQ and when he saw the replay, he looked dumbfounded. That's not what the fans wanted. He shouldn't have tried to put both his hands on the floor for the DQ win and instead try to win legitimately.

He was essentially tko'd and given a break to recover. After the ref stepped in he fell over like he was shot then tried to milk it. No need for a rematch, Mousasi is the better fighter.

Because the fight should not have been stopped in the first place.csomething similar happened with James Irvin in the ufc. Took a knuckle to the eye thinking he got poked.
I thought of that fight shortly after as well. The key difference was that Irvin dropped to the mat and indicated he couldn't continue, and then the ref stepped in as a response to that. In this case Chris wasn't out, Dan stepped in because he thought he saw an illegal strike. Dan didn't step in because he deemed Chris was not intelligently defending himself.

Logic.
Ignore all the BS and pay attention to the facts.
Ref stops fight->Weidman says he can't continue->TKO

Maybe in a world of oversimplified elementary school logic. Not all referee interventions are the same. There is a difference between a ref stepping in because a fighter is out and stepping in because he thought he saw a foul. Some people claim Chris was about to be finished anyway, but no one is predicting the future, and what anyone thinks would have happened doesn't matter. Dan did not step in to deem Weidman unable to continue. If your logic actually cares about the rules at all, the rules in NY don't allow video review of fouls, so his initial call of a foul had to stand and be treated as such.

Because when it was determined that the knee was legal, it means Weidman either:

-could not continue and was TKO'd

-was pretending to be hurt and basically took a dive to get an extra couple minutes to recover

Based on what he told the referee and doctors, they decided it was the first option and called it a TKO. You don't get to call a time-out when you get hurt, recover, and then keep fighting.

Because mma doesn't have time outs unless an illegal move has been used and the ref stops the action. Since the knee was legal and Chris was acting like he couldn't continue it becomes a tko.

BC HE SAID HE COULDN'T WHEN HE THOUGHT IT WAS ILLEGAL, BUT IT WAS LEGAL, AND SAYING YOU CANT CONTINUE WHEN YOU'RE HIT WITH A LEGAL STRIKE IS ADMISSION TO LOSS, JUST LIKE IN THE REAL WORLD WHEN YOU ADMIT TO THE COP YOU DID DIRT AND DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO, HE WAS JUST CHECKING BC HE KNOWS YOU'RE A DUMB ASS AND WILL ADMIT YOURSELF.

Are the lot of you fucking morons?

Serious question.

i can't believe that so many people are incapable of understanding this.

I thought of that fight shortly after as well. The key difference was that Irvin dropped to the mat and indicated he couldn't continue, and then the ref stepped in as a response to that. In this case Chris wasn't out, Dan stepped in because he thought he saw an illegal strike. Dan didn't step in because he deemed Chris was not intelligently defending himself.

Maybe in a world of oversimplified elementary school logic. Not all referee interventions are the same. There is a difference between a ref stepping in because a fighter is out and stepping in because he thought he saw a foul. Some people claim Chris was about to be finished anyway, but no one is predicting the future, and what anyone thinks would have happened doesn't matter. Dan did not step in to deem Weidman unable to continue. If your logic actually cares about the rules at all, the rules in NY don't allow video review of fouls, so his initial call of a foul had to stand and be treated as such.
I'm almost positive James didn't fall to the ground. He backed off. But I'm not. Sure. I feel bad for weidman though

Weidman will win the appeal easily.

If you go by the rules, it should have been a DQ win for Weidman. Ref called it an illegal knee and the docs felt he couldn't continue.

NY commission does not allow video replay, so the refs word would have to be taken.

I agree, and that's what I said to my friend as we were watching. The ref call was "illegal knee" so if he can't continue after that its a DQ for Moose. The only reason Dan later said that it was NOT an illegal knee is because of watching the video replay, but New York isn't supposed to use video replay.

Now, the only way I can see this assessment being incorrect is if the athletic commission rules are more along the lines of video replay not being REQUIRED, but can be utilized if its there. Not sure how it's actually written.

Well, to be fair, you answered your own question.

rPNCqww.jpg

The thread is redundant.

Why didn't the doctors let him continue? By the time they called it, he looked fine.

I think that when he thought it was being looked at as an illegal hit, he figured out Moose was a tougher opponent than he expected (not that he couldn't of still won) and said to himself..."fuck it. A wins a win!" Who knows how this fight'll turn out, better to be on the safe side and not have three straight defeats.

So when asked, I think he said he couldn't continue thinking Moose will get DQ'd. Then when Miragliola told him it was legal, he ended up saying he can continue. But the doctors were already like... "Umm, no, you already told us you can't continue!"

Just like when a fighter gets poked in the eye, if he says he can't see, it's over! Even if he recants his statement afterwords.

It doesn't matter what happened at the time they called the fight. When they initially examined him, he was lying on the ground and showing signs of being disoriented and concussed.

He may have been play acting to force a DQ, or he may have actually been rocked and then recovered over the course of the timeout.

It doesn't matter that he looked fine when they waived off the fight just like it doesn't matter if a guy gets flashed KO'd and appears lucid aftewards.

Weidman will win the appeal easily.

If you go by the rules, it should have been a DQ win for Weidman. Ref called it an illegal knee and the docs felt he couldn't continue.

NY commission does not allow video replay, so the refs word would have to be taken.

The commission has already issued a statement saying that replay was acceptable for the usage of polling between the primary and secondary official.

Nobody who's familiar with the NYSAC thinks that Weidman has a shot in hell at getting the decision overturned.

Time to allow strikes to downed opponents. All except soccer kicks to the head is very reasonable. "Yeah I was lifting him to make the knees legal," points out how stupid the rule really is. At least change downed to supine rather than the quadriped retard shit currently.

Back