Why exactly did they not let Weidman continue?

crocopteam

I don't need no belt!
@Green
Reaction score
Why didn't the doctors let him continue? By the time they called it, he looked fine.

I think that when he thought it was being looked at as an illegal hit, he figured out Moose was a tougher opponent than he expected (not that he couldn't of still won) and said to himself..."fuck it. A wins a win!" Who knows how this fight'll turn out, better to be on the safe side and not have three straight defeats.

So when asked, I think he said he couldn't continue thinking Moose will get DQ'd. Then when Miragliola told him it was legal, he ended up saying he can continue. But the doctors were already like... "Umm, no, you already told us you can't continue!"

Just like when a fighter gets poked in the eye, if he says he can't see, it's over! Even if he recants his statement afterwords.

Why exactly did they not let Weidman continue?

The doctors stopped the fight because Weidman (thinking he was going to weasel out a DQ win) tried to game the rules and chose to sit on his ass and claim he wasn't able to continue.

The doctors stopped the fight because Weidman (thinking he was going to weasel out a DQ win) tried to game the rules and chose to sit on his ass and claim he wasn't able to continue.
Umm, I guess you didn't read anything I wrote and just responded to the title!

He cried that he was hurt and when they announced he had lost he threw a fit because his ducking was exposed..

did you hear him talk? he was clearly out of it

Because the fight should not have been stopped in the first place.csomething similar happened with James Irvin in the ufc. Took a knuckle to the eye thinking he got poked.

He either couldn't continue, or pretended he couldn't continue after taking a legal shot. Once it was determined it was legal, he had already shown that he wouldn't have been able to go on. I doubt very much the rules are written that way, but I don't think the NYSAC knows the rules any better than most Sherdoggers.

Umm, I guess you didn't read anything I wrote and just responded to the title!

a9d5d5357381119.jpg

You don't send out a drunk guy vs a sober moose

Logic.
Ignore all the BS and pay attention to the facts.
Ref stops fight->Weidman says he can't continue->TKO

I'm guessing he was pretending he couldn't continue to try to get a DQ win like Shinya Aoki.

That rule is a joke. Might as well ban knees from the front headlock outright so we won't have any more of this nonsense and these guys won't have to eat these knees trying to game.

Last edited:

I am trying to get all this straight. So that is what happened when he thought the knees were NOT legal, he said he couldnt continue? What did the doctors ask him and what did he say? I watched the replay and Dan gives him 5 minuets and at 3:13 he comes in and says the knees were in fact legal. Chris gets up and is talking to doctors.....they make him walk a straight line and talk to him. At that point the doctor asked him if he can continue and he says yes.

If the doctor asked him and he said he couldnt continue.....why would they ask him again when the knees were ruled legal a few mins later?? And what exactly was the deciding factor to stop the fight?

BC HE SAID HE COULDN'T WHEN HE THOUGHT IT WAS ILLEGAL, BUT IT WAS LEGAL, AND SAYING YOU CANT CONTINUE WHEN YOU'RE HIT WITH A LEGAL STRIKE IS ADMISSION TO LOSS, JUST LIKE IN THE REAL WORLD WHEN YOU ADMIT TO THE COP YOU DID DIRT AND DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO, HE WAS JUST CHECKING BC HE KNOWS YOU'RE A DUMB ASS AND WILL ADMIT YOURSELF.

Are the lot of you fucking morons?

Serious question.

I thought the answer would be in the first two replies since it was clearly audible with headphones on. 1) Strikes were LEGAL and Weidman first gave impression he can't continue. 2) Doctor came in and asked him repeatedly what DAY it was and he got it wrong. Ref kept trying to talk Dr. out of calling it even though he was clearly concussed and tried to buy time but at the end that was it. When ref went back to corner he said again out loud, he doesn't know what day it is, they're calling it.

Weidman will win the appeal easily.

If you go by the rules, it should have been a DQ win for Weidman. Ref called it an illegal knee and the docs felt he couldn't continue.

NY commission does not allow video replay, so the refs word would have to be taken.

Weidman will win the appeal easily.

If you go by the rules, it should have been a DQ win for Weidman. Ref called it an illegal knee and the docs felt he couldn't continue.

NY commission does not allow video replay, so the refs word would have to be taken.
Cept the knee wasn't illegal as both palms had to be down. If anything Moose would then have the loss ot

Cept the knee wasn't illegal as both palms had to be down. If anything Moose would then have the loss ot

The knee wasn't illegal, but the ref stopped the action because he thought it was an illegal knee.

Video replays aren't allowed in NY, hence the refs ruling must be taken at face value. The docs ruled weidman couldn't continue, so in reality by the rules Weidman should have won by DQ and it should be moose appealing.

The fact that the knee was legal doesn't matter. The ref called it illegal

Back