Why don't thais set up their kicks?

If you want to change people's perception of Muay Thai contribute content, don't just bitch about others.

That's what I don't get. Instead of making a real top gyms in thailand thread, make a troll one and ridicule others.

That's what I don't get. Instead of making a real top gyms in thailand thread, make a troll one and ridicule others.
Exactly. And he legitimately put a ton of effort into that post. Could have actually done a legit one and informed people instead.

A kick to the arms just isn't considered a block like it is in the west.
I thought, it depends on how exactly you block it with your arm. I mean, if block is like on the pic and mid kick goes to an arm it won't score, right?

Attachments

• 7b3357fe5ed2410e44a5148a14c247ce.jpg
    7b3357fe5ed2410e44a5148a14c247ce.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 11
I thought, it depends on how exactly you block it with your arm. I mean, if block is like on the pic and mid kick goes to an arm it won't score, right?
Ultimately everything is scored by individual exchanges. If the kick hits the arm but shows no real impact to the blocker then it wouldn't count. If the blocker responds back immediately with an impactful kick he wins that exchange.

You could also fuck off to a different forum. That's an option.

Brock may as well be right about you. Same shit as Coka. If you want to change people's perception of Muay Thai contribute content, don't just bitch about others.
I'm happy to be lumped in with Coca, he's clearly one of the few intelligent poster on here and one of the only ones who actually cares for muay thai. At this point I contribute more material to the Thailand thread than just about anyone. And when I make a positive contribution I make sure that I'm actually promoting real muay thai. Stadium fighters who pretty much no one else knows exist and never get any recognition. I don't spend any of my time jizzing over the thais who do kickboxing and fight internationally, which is all most people on this subforum seem to like doing. Your guys main interest in stadium fighters seems to be to hypothesise about one will make the best kickboxer or MMA fighter. Get stuffed.

I'm happy to be lumped in with Coca, he's clearly one of the few intelligent poster on here and one of the only ones who actually cares for muay thai. At this point I contribute more material to the Thailand thread than just about anyone. And when I make a positive contribution I make sure that I'm actually promoting real muay thai. Stadium fighters who pretty much no one else knows exist and never get any recognition. I don't spend any of my time jizzing over the thais who do kickboxing and fight internationally, which is all most people on this subforum seem to like doing. Your guys main interest in stadium fighters seems to be to hypothesise about one will make the best kickboxer or MMA fighter. Get stuffed.
This forum has always revolved mostly around Kickboxing and its on an MMA website. What do you expect? It used to be called the K-1 forum and its only been a few years since Muay Thai got put into the title and you can thank me for that. If you don't like the discussions, stay in the Muay Thai thread or kick rocks. Better yet, make legit threads outside of the MT thread. Your satire is becoming hack material.

This forum has always revolved mostly around Kickboxing and its on an MMA website. What do you expect? It used to be called the K-1 forum and its only been a few years since Muay Thai got put into the title and you can thank me for that. If you don't like the discussions, stay in the Muay Thai thread or kick rocks. Better yet, make legit threads outside of the MT thread. Your satire is becoming hack material.

Maybe just a little bit of respect for Muay Thai? Is the "how would they do in kickboxing" discussion not silly and backwards more times than not? The question itself essentially means the person asking thinks Muay Thai is inferior, like wondering how a high school player would do in the NBA. Considering the competition they get in Muay Thai It doesn't really add up to wonder how these Muay Thai fighters would do in kickboxing. In fact, it should be the opposite. Takeru is obviously fighting miscellaneous dudes in K-1, so why not wonder how he'd do in a setting where there is actually an organized talent pool? Does anybody wonder about that? I haven't seen it, but it would be more logical and correct than the other way around.

Maybe just a little bit of respect for Muay Thai? Is the "how would they do in kickboxing" discussion not silly and backwards more times than not? The question itself essentially means the person asking thinks Muay Thai is inferior, like wondering how a high school player would do in the NBA. Considering the competition they get in Muay Thai It doesn't really add up to wonder how these Muay Thai fighters would do in kickboxing. In fact, it should be the opposite. Takeru is obviously fighting miscellaneous dudes in K-1, so why not wonder how he'd do in a setting where there is actually an organized talent pool? Does anybody wonder about that? I haven't seen it, but it would be more logical and correct than the other way around.

Exactly. The attitude around here and in the kickfighting community in general is totally backwards. It goes something like "we know you've competed at the highest level in a sport which has ten million times the talent and requires ten million times more of you to succeed, than international muay thai or kickboxing. Nevertheless until you beat a few token European/Australian/American cans we can't take you fully seriously, we don't know for sure if you're legit." Look at Yodwicha and Superbon, they slave away in the stadiums and accomplish great things, they're met with a yawn. Now that they've beat up the Brad Stanton's and Cedric Manoef's of the world, they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. These kickfighting morons somehow manage to compartmentalise what goes on in the stadiums as somehow being less "real" than what goes on in the outside which is "the real world". I guess the stadiums are too "ritualised" for them, not enough punch spamming to qualify as real.

This forum would go nuts with excitement of Takeru went and fought in Lumpinee. I would love to see that. I just think it's understood that the likelyhood of that happening are slim to none, be it financial or whatever reason. There isn't much recent history of this happening, but there is history of Thais going international in Kickboxing.

I don't think people want to see it because they feel it's superior more so for the international appeal with fighters coming from around the globe with different styles competing.

Exactly. The attitude around here and in the kickfighting community in general is totally backwards. It goes something like "we know you've competed at the highest level in a sport which has ten million times the talent and requires ten million times more of you to succeed, than international muay thai or kickboxing. Nevertheless until you beat a few token European/Australian/American cans we can't take you fully seriously, we don't know for sure if you're legit." Look at Yodwicha and Superbon, they slave away in the stadiums and accomplish great things, they're met with a yawn. Now that they've beat up the Brad Stanton's and Cedric Manoef's of the world, they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. These kickfighting morons somehow manage to compartmentalise what goes on in the stadiums as somehow being less "real" than what goes on in the outside which is "the real world". I guess the stadiums are too "ritualised" for them, not enough punch spamming to qualify as real.
- Cat piss stadiums
- One camera angle
- Thai commentary or no commentary

I can go on and on. The stadium scene is built for hardcores. It's made zero attempts at garnering international appeal so why are you surprised when it doesnt?

It's really not that easy of a sport to follow, and hard to want to follow especially when the most knowledgeable people are so douchey.

This forum would go nuts with excitement of Takeru went and fought in Lumpinee. I would love to see that. I just think it's understood that the likelyhood of that happening are slim to none, be it financial or whatever reason. There isn't much recent history of this happening, but there is history of Thais going international in Kickboxing.

I don't think people want to see it because they feel it's superior more so for the international appeal with fighters coming from around the globe with different styles competing.

- Cat piss stadiums
- One camera angle

I can go on and on. The stadium scene is built for hardcores. It's made zero attempts at garnering international appeal so why are you surprised when it doesnt?

It's really not that easy of a sport to follow, and hard to want to follow especially when the most knowledgeable people are so douchey.

But you yourself admit that people would be willing to overlook all that, if only there was a white boy fighting in Raja.

- Cat piss stadiums
- One camera angle

I personally only like to watch fight shows, when I get to see girls parade around the ring half naked between rounds. So, when people say that stadium fights lack "production" I assume that "production" is a euphemism for boobs. Not enough boobs

Follow Siamfightnews on facebook then subscribe to muay ties and muaythaidaily on youtube and you're good to go. The muayties vids are HD and they come out not long after the fights done, that's more convenient than most fight promotions. The one annoying thing is the blurry quality on those muaythaidaily vids, kinda ruins it a bit.

Follow Siamfightnews on facebook then subscribe to muay ties and muaythaidaily on youtube and you're good to go. The muayties vids are HD and they come out not long after the fights done, that's more convenient than most fight promotions. The one annoying thing is the blurry quality on those muaythaidaily vids, kinda ruins it a bit.
You can also wait until the muaythaideesport video comes out.

I personally only like to watch fight shows, when I get to see girls parade around the ring half naked between rounds. So, when people say that stadium fights lack "production" I assume that "production" is a euphemism for boobs. Not enough boobs

Or just mutliple angles HD videos with good english commentary.

Muay Thai is such a pissant sport outside of Thailand that it would become at least twice as popular if an MMA media figure gave it two seconds of time. That's how this works. Facts and happenings about BJJ, wrestling and boxing are known within MMA, but muay thai doesn't exist. Someone is an expert if they can talk two minutes about Buakaw and Saenchai.

Back