Why don't thais set up their kicks?

But you yourself admit that people would be willing to overlook all that, if only there was a white boy fighting in Raja.
Takeru is white? Any type of novelty match would Garner attention that's par for the course in combat sports. There is also a difference between a one off match and a consistent following.

All the countless threads in here after Pinca won his Raja title. #thailifesmatter

I would love it if you could hear the sound of each strike landing in MuayTies videos. Now you just hear sound from the gamblers...

Seriously aren't we all supposed to be jumping up and down. Was it even mentioned anywhere?
I think Warman spent a whole podcast fawning over Pinca and his supposed greatness. Those other idiots on twitter talk about him all the time and think he's great.

You and Coca are obsessed with these so called journalists that got like 300 followers.

If you're angry, do it better. Do a blog, website, podcast, video exposé.

These guys make me NOT want to follow Muay Thai based purely on spite... Ugh.

These guys make me NOT want to follow Muay Thai based purely on spite... Ugh.

When you develop better awareness of something I think it's natural to become a little bitter to opinions that come from a lack of understanding.

You don't think you would be defensive and belligerent if kickboxing only had a few people who knew anything and most opinions were trash? Like, if 90+ percent of kickboxing thought was centered around South America, that wouldn't bother you? You'd be cool if K-1 and Glory were viewed as inferior or received less attention than a random Danish promotion? These are the types of things JT and myself have to deal with.

It's too bad Samkor51 disappeared from Twitter a few years ago. Would be nice to have a third.

Thanks for furthering my point.

Oh well.

It was my mistake for replying to your post as if there's a difference between you following and not following Muay Thai. It's evident you've not much bothered to dig and inform yourself on the sport, but you instead rely solely on others.

These are the types of things JT and myself have to deal with.

thank god, the poor thais don't have to put up with such a inconceivably struggle.

It was my mistake for replying to your post as if there's a difference between you following and not following Muay Thai. It's evident you've not much bothered to dig and inform yourself on the sport, but you instead rely solely on others.

sounds like you do. I've never even heard about most of those clowns you always complain about.

Is the "how would they do in kickboxing" discussion not silly and backwards more times than not? The question itself essentially means the person asking thinks Muay Thai is inferior, like wondering how a high school player would do in the NBA.
Do you actually believe this? When people ask how an Olympic wrestler would do in MMA is that because they think wrestling is inferior, or just because they think it would be cool to see? I dunno man, its as if you and Jt see everything as some kind of weird power dynamic of Thais being oppressed by the evil empire of guys who have kickboxing blogs that sometimes talk about MT.

Do you actually believe this? When people ask how an Olympic wrestler would do in MMA is that because they think wrestling is inferior, or just because they think it would be cool to see? I dunno man, its as if you and Jt see everything as some kind of weird power dynamic of Thais being oppressed by the evil empire of guys who have kickboxing blogs that sometimes talk about MT.

My point is why care about them in kickboxing when they're fighting better fighters in Muay Thai? If Muay Thai was deprived of talent it would make more sense. It's absurd that people would seemingly prefer to see a top 130-135 pound MT fighter against a middling and miscellaneous kickboxer over two top Thais at the weight. This was shown to be true when Petpamomrung made his Glory debut.

Two Thais continually fighting each other is clearly bothersome to many and to the point where a good Thai against a foreign can is more intriguing.

My point is why care about them in kickboxing when they're fighting better fighters in Muay Thai? If Muay Thai was deprived of talent it would make more sense. It's absurd that people would seemingly prefer to see a top 130-135 pound MT fighter against a middling and miscellaneous kickboxer over two top Thais at the weight. This was shown to be true when Petpamomrung made his Glory debut.
People want to see action. In K-1 the fighters are going for the KO most of the time. Fights involving sangmanee, thanonchai, muangthai, saeksan etc usually bring alot of action but it' not the most exciting thing to watch someone fights where both are just trying to win by scoring more knees. I'd rather watch all the top fighters competing against each others (not against farang can) in promotions like max/top king/mx extreme because it's less influenced by gambling.

And nobody talked about tge Pinca vs Manaowan fight because the matchup wasn't anything special. If Pinca had fought someone better people would have talked about it.

People want to see action. In K-1 the fighters are going for the KO most of the time. Fights involving sangmanee, thanonchai, muangthai, saeksan etc usually bring alot of action but it' not the most exciting thing to watch someone fights where both are just trying to win by scoring more knees. I'd rather watch all the top fighters competing against each others (not against farang can) in promotions like max/top king/mx extreme because it's less influenced by gambling.

And nobody talked about tge Pinca vs Manaowan fight because the matchup wasn't anything special. If Pinca had fought someone better people would have talked about it.

Well, fuck the people who care more about knockouts and violence than the best competing against each other.

My point is why care about them in kickboxing when they're fighting better fighters in Muay Thai?
1. Different sports, its like people wanting to see any other crossover. 2. Production value. I recently tried to watch mtdaily on a full sized monitor and it was a blurred mash of pixels. Even Thanadet vs Densiam was hard to enjoy. Imagine how someone used to Glory feels when they see that.

Two Thais continually fighting each other is clearly bothersome to many and to the point where a good Thai against a foreign can is more intriguing.
See its quotes like this that make me wonder if you yourself believe what you're saying. Surely over your years of hanging out here you have read people explaining what appeals to them about KB, Westernized MT, Lethwei, etc. How many times has the answer been akin to "the lack of two Thais fighting" ? Even if you counted any kind of praise for the internationalism in KB, I don't think it would be near 50% of the answers.

1. Different sports, its like people wanting to see any other crossover. 2. Production value. I recently tried to watch mtdaily on a full sized monitor and it was a blurred mash of pixels. Even Thanadet vs Densiam was hard to enjoy. Imagine how someone used to Glory feels when they see that.

See its quotes like this that make me wonder if you yourself believe what you're saying. Surely over your years of hanging out here you have read people explaining what appeals to them about KB, Westernized MT, Lethwei, etc. How many times has the answer been akin to "the lack of two Thais fighting" ? Even if you counted any kind of praise for the internationalism in KB, I don't think it would be near 50% of the answers.

But why is this almost exclusively about muay thai fighters? Do BJJ people often fantasize about judokas transitioning to BJJ? They probably don't know judokas for the most part and couldn't give a fuck. Sambo to wrestling? Kickboxing to Muay Thai? Fans of MMA, boxing, kickboxing, BJJ, wrestling etc... care far less about crossover than supposed Muay Thai fans. Why is it hard to appreciate muay thai on its own? I think it goes back to that Two Thais thing.

But why is this almost exclusively about muay thai fighters? Do BJJ people often fantasize about judokas transitioning to BJJ? They probably don't know judokas for the most part and couldn't give a fuck. Sambo to wrestling? Kickboxing to Muay Thai? Fans of MMA, boxing, kickboxing, BJJ, wrestling etc... care far less about crossover than supposed Muay Thai fans. Why is it hard to appreciate muay thai on its own?
If Teddy Reiner announced he was going into BJJ then BJJ guys would get hyped. People got hyped when Freddy Roach said he was going to train Shaq to box the Klitschkos. You just hear about it more in KB because its more common for guys to transition into it. Its fairly simple really.

Come to think of it the only guys I see who "fantasize" about MT guys transitioning into KB are the few people who clearly demonstrate an interest in MT per se. When they do ask about this, me and a bunch of other posters will often say we would prefer them fight in FTR. I'm sure you're well aware that the "supposed Muay Thai fans" you are talking about are actually KB fans with a superficial knowledge of MT and who are confused about the distinctions of the sports. So lets treat them as such. Lets not act like its noteworthy when they're not getting hyped about Puenkon vs Prajanchai.

Back