Why doesn't khabib just move to Welterweight?

He matches up well with everyone in the division. He wouldn't have to worry about cutting weight as much. Only thing that would concern is the amount of high- level striking at the top of the division.

How do you guys think he would do in the Welterweight division?

What makes him scary is how he can just physically overwhelm guys.

That doesn’t automatically carry over when you move up

What makes him scary is how he can just physically overwhelm guys.

That doesn’t automatically carry over when you move up
But it might. Fighters like Whittaker, RDA, and Cerrone are doing just fine at heavier weight classes so far. Whittaker even went from being beat by Wonderboy to taking out Jacare and Romero. Cerrone just had a close fight with Lawler. And RDA just beat Magny with essentially one kick.

because his streght is grappling and control which is harder to implement on bigger opponents

Thus proving grappling/ wrestling is an inferior style for fighting. It has parameters and limitations as opposed to striking

Seems like a lot of LWs have had recent success from moving up. (Cowboy, RDA, Oliveira, Masvidal). I don't seem him winning against Woodley, Maia, or Lawler but definitely some of the others in the top 10 especially the other LWs that moved up.

But it might. Fighters like Whittaker, RDA, and Cerrone are doing just fine at heavier weight classes so far. Whittaker even went from being beat by Wonderboy to taking out Jacare and Romero. Cerrone just had a close fight with Lawler. And RDA just beat Magny with essentially one kick.

Strikers, Khabib relies on his grappling too much, wouldnt be as imposing as at LW imo.

I don't think he would have a problem taking people down at WW. If he doesn't cut so much weight he would be even stronger than he is now.
yes, but his opponents will also be stronger and bigger as well. He is not big for a LW, he will be relatively small for a WW

Think he could be very successful at 170. But his size advantage at 155 is one of his biggest weapons.

he likes having that size advantage, the only way he can win

Whittaker and Cerrone don't win by physically overpowering and smothering their opponents. Both win via slick striking. I'm not talking about striking power for Khabib, so those two don't fit.

RDA overwhelmed Magny, but he's not a physcial guy, and he didn't overwhelm the physcial guy he fought, though that's a guy who moved down, so it's hard to tell.

RDA might fit, we're not sure. The other two definitely are bad examples that don't fit what I was talking about.

220px-Capons_in_Hainan_-_03.jpg

Those are capons, btw

Why doesnt he fight at all?
What does he do for a living?

He has rich sugar daddies.

Back