Will the UFC send Manel Kape to the Bantamweight division?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
After missing weight for 2nd time in the Flyweight division by 3+ lbs, is he forced to move up a division like other fighters?
He'll lose his flyweight rank permanently if that happens.

Remember Michel Pereira?
He lost his Welterweight rank after his 2nd time missing weight and ended up in the Middleweight division.

Kinda puzzling to me when guys are clearly not too big for their weight class yet they struggle to make weight. Kape is small even at FLW.

He got sick and couldn’t make weight, atleast that’s what he claims. Why would they make him move up?

He got sick and couldn’t make weight, atleast that’s what he claims. Why would they make him move up?

Still his 2nd weight miss in the UFC I believe, they don't typically let fighters miss weight too many times and still stay in their divisions.

Christian Rodriguez got sent up to 145 after 2 misses @ 135 & same with Michel Pereira now @ 185 after missing at 170, for example.

They should do that. ..and then Ban weight cutting while there at it by making it same day weigh ins and fuck this shit already

After missing weight for 2nd time in the Flyweight division by 3+ lbs, is he forced to move up a division like other fighters?

Remember Michel Pereira?
He lost his Welterweight rank after his 2nd time missing weight and ended up in the Middleweight division.
No they're desperate for a flyweight star and he could be if he's winning they almost don't care about the weight usually they can trick the opponent into still fighting then pretend that the Kape's of the sport won fairly.

Still his 2nd weight miss in the UFC I believe, they don't typically let fighters miss weight too many times and still stay in their divisions.

Christian Rodriguez got sent up to 145 after 2 misses @ 135 & same with Michel Pereira now @ 185 after missing at 170, for example.
Swear rodriguez missed 3 times, plus if michel didn’t provide proof of illness maybe they did. The way kape talks is like he’s sorted it out with the ufc

guess we’ll see in the next few weeks, but I honestly believe him

No they're desperate for a flyweight star and he could be if he's on winning they almost don't care about the weight usually they can trick the opponent into still figuring then pretend that the Kape's of the sport won fairly.

They want Moreno as champ for the Mexican market, at worst they'll settle for Pantoja as the one of the Brazilian champs.

Kape doesn't bring a big country with him & flyweights will never be a draw anyways, UFC doesn't care much about whether or not Kape becomes a "flyweight star".

They want Moreno as champ for the Mexican market, at worst they'll settle for Pantoja as the one of the Brazilian champs.

Kape doesn't bring a big country with him & flyweights will never be a draw anyways, UFC doesn't care much about whether or not Kape becomes a "flyweight star".
He's no Moreno for sure, but I bet anything they'd WWE script him winning over Pantoja as fast as they could.

They've already got Brazilians on lock Pantoja is a boring safe champion. Kape is a wild gunslinger in the ring and a big mouth in front of the camera perfect for American casuals and Americans don't need you to be from USA.

CeeRod was even worse. He missed weight twice -- back-to-back -- and derailed two of their pet prospects in the process which I don't imagine endeared him to the promotion. Furthermore, he had also missed weight during his DWCS appearance. He only made weight successfully once as a Bantamweight under the Endeavor banner despite being given four opportunities to do so. 145 was a long time coming for him.

Perreira's were weird in that they were both very high-profile just because of the kerfuffle surrounding them. You had a weight-missing Welterweight gassing out and losing to a Featherweight after clowning around. And then he created a serious rift in the MMA community regarding the Wonderboy situation. Technically he only missed twice, though, so the precedent for Kape to be forced up definitely exists.

In any case, I wouldn't mind seeing Kape be moved up as it's hard to trust in his ability to consistently making weight at this point. I also wouldn't be surprised if the promotion tries to give him one more chance since they're invested in him as an up-and-coming FLW star.

Or they give him a title shot? Yoel got multiple title fights off weight misses.

Flyweight is somewhat a dead division. They need him to be a mouthpiece there.

He's absolutely world class at smack talking Israel and Kai Kara-France.
So, will he be ever be champ?? - doubtful if he moves up a division.

Last edited:

Remember Michel Pereira?

They should, not sure if they will however sir.

Back