why does sheepdog have no respect for Fedor

I don't hate Fedor. I hate his blind fans. Once I pointed out that he certainly did not look GOAT when he faced Hunt, Arlovski or Rogers and the nuthuggers went ape shit. Then came the next three fights where Fedor got humiliated and the nuthuggers turned to the "oh he is past his prime laadidaa". Fedor faced shit competition in a green sport.

20170624090644_1DX_3030.JPG

It was beautiful watching Fedor get KTFO cold, completely stiff.

Its what people do. Wagon jump. Especially Virgin Sherbros. They have to be part of something. If theres cyber hate, Being part of it makes them feel like they have testicles with hair on them.

Only the worthless cunts/Tuffer generation have no respect for the GOAT.

That's true, but using the same logic you also have die hard fans using Fedor's Pride and Affliction fights as reasons why he would have ran through the UFC even today or a few years ago while failing to take into account that at the top of the game the skill level has increased since Fedor's prime.
It's that way in every fight sport. Ali fans thought he was going to be to fast and would crush Larry Holmes and Holmes just brutally beat Ali as he was urging the ref to stop the beating. After that fight the fans knew it was over same can be said for Fedor it's over no more hopes of possibly capturing a title but he's still the GOAT from his fights in Pride and Affliction.

Because he ducked the UFC citing their unsavory business practices while also continuing to align himself with vlad and Jerry Fucking Millen

There are a lot of fans who want to judge Fedor on the latter part of his career, because that is all they have seen... While I believe Fedor was neither as great as his disciples like to promote, or as bad as his detractors like to suggest, Fedor WAS and IS a legend in this sport. Let people detract him all they want, there are tons of fans who look at Randy Couture or BJ Penn Win/Loss records, and can't figure out why they are held in such esteem... it is pointless to bother, if fans can't appreciate these fighters, it is their loss, not yours.

Because he ducked the UFC citing their unsavory business practices while also continuing to align himself with vlad and Jerry Fucking Millen

Ha, such an weird viewpoint (on ducking the UFC to fight in better HW division for more money in SF and Affliction and PRIDE). I do however agree that Millen is a pos.

I don't hate Fedor. I hate his blind fans. Once I pointed out that he certainly did not look GOAT when he faced Hunt, Arlovski or Rogers and the nuthuggers went ape shit. Then came the next three fights where Fedor got humiliated and the nuthuggers turned to the "oh he is past his prime laadidaa".

A certain percentage of fans will always be blinded by their loyalty to their favorite athlete or team. Maybe it's something innate in us, or maybe it's how we're raised. (Think high school pep rallies, and fighting kids from a rival high schools football team.) So sure, these people can be obnoxious as hell. But that doesn't mean you respond by (a) fighter bashing, or (b) trolling everyone else. And in the case of (a), you especially don't do it to incredibly, universally respected sportsman like Fedor. It's just trashy at that point.

Fedor faced shit competition in a green sport.

Now you're just showing a lack of knowledge about the evolution of MMA and Fedor's role in it. Fedor helped evolve MMA from the way it was in the 90s to what it became later, through both his GnP techniques and also his transition game. There is a reason why fighters like Shogun and BJ Penn were complimenting Fedor's technique in the early 00s, and how analysts and trainers were openly acknowledging the need to adapt "transition techniques" into their camps. Fedor was a big part of this.

How often have we seen Fedor's transition game or GnP since the mid-00s? Even before he lost, his manager and trainers were talking about how he wasn't training like he used to, and how he continues to win only because of "his old tricks." (Actual translation from one particular interview: "Sasha continues to win because of his old tricks.") Fedor fought the best in the world for a decade, and won every time. And he is universally admired and respected, even by today's greats.

Attacking his legacy does nothing but put you on the same level as the blind fans that you claim to abhor so much.

I don't hate Fedor. I hate his blind fans. Once I pointed out that he certainly did not look GOAT when he faced Hunt, Arlovski or Rogers and the nuthuggers went ape shit. Then came the next three fights where Fedor got humiliated and the nuthuggers turned to the "oh he is past his prime laadidaa". Fedor faced shit competition in a green sport.
This exactly. I'm a Fedor fan, but I was actually happy to see get him tapped out by Werdum just to shut up some of his idiotic fans on here.

Arlovski was def tuning him up till he went for the flying knee lol.

A certain percentage of fans will always be blinded by their loyalty to their favorite athlete or team. Maybe it's something innate in us, or maybe it's how we're raised. (Think high school pep rallies, and fighting kids from a rival high schools football team.) So sure, these people can be obnoxious as hell. But that doesn't mean you respond by (a) fighter bashing, or (b) trolling everyone else. And in the case of (a), you especially don't do it to incredibly, universally respected sportsman like Fedor. It's just trashy at that point.

Who is fighter bashing? Im just giving my opinion. Fedor is a great sportsman but he never was the GOAT.

The reason is that all of these late adopters missed out on the greatest run in MMA history because TMZ hadn't told them that MMA was cool yet. They are bitter, like the nerds who didn't get invited to a great party over the weekend and can only say negative things to try to mollify the deep rooted sadness and inferiority they feel about themselves for not getting to experience something great. Fedor was amazing, his fights were always thrilling as he never took the safe Greg Jackson route to fight at his opponents' weakness and always took them on at their strengths. It was unreal.

Who is fighter bashing? Im just giving my opinion. Fedor is a great sportsman but he never was the GOAT.

So are you talking about Fedor as the GOAT, where the GOAT means (a) the most talented of all time, or (b) has the best legacy of all time? Because it's undeniable in the case of (b). And in the case of (a), it's incredibly foolish to argue that Fedor wasn't extremely talented, considering how so much of what he brought to MMA revolutionized the sport (GnP techniques, transition game, etc).

Fedor is a beast. Attempting to shit on his legacy because you don't like his fans is just lame tbh.

So are you talking about Fedor as the GOAT, where the GOAT means (a) the most talented of all time, or (b) has the best legacy of all time? Because it's undeniable in the case of (b). And in the case of (a), it's incredibly foolish to argue that Fedor wasn't extremely talented, considering how so much of what he brought to MMA revolutionized the sport (GnP techniques, transition game, etc).

Fedor is a beast. Attempting to shit on his legacy because you don't like his fans is just lame tbh.

Hehehehe.:rolleyes: Sorry I didn't realise you are one of those guys.

I consider Fedor the GOAT but it is not hard to see that father time has caught up with him, just like he catches up to us all. A bunch of newcomers to the sport will say that he never was a great but, to me, that is like judging Babe Ruth in his last season, Michael Jordan during his run with the Wizards or Joe Montana in his stint with the Chiefs ( I can see young bucks scratching there heads or burning up the "google-machine"). Many Lebron James fans consider him the greatest of all time but some of those were too young to witness Jordan play in his prime. It is disrespectful to base an athletes entire career on his last performance but these judgements will never cease. In Fedor's era, he faced the best that the sport had to offer and he fought without seeking any advantages other than skill. He did not cut weight and he could have, being that he was a small heavyweight walking around at, roughly, a chubby 230 pounds. He competed on an international level and has never tested positive for PEDs and has always conducted himself in a manner that epitomizes sportsmanship.

The debate will go on and on as to who the GOAT is or will be but Fedor has set the standard for these debates and his name will always be mentioned as MMA continues to search for its new "GOAT."

Long live the Last Emperor.

Back