Why does it seem like everyone from artofjiujitsu is so good?

He failed june of 2016 but release fail test may of 2017?
It is odd that USADA does not announce the results for a long time, I'll give you that. But as of now USADA does the testing under WADA protocols. I'm not sure why USADA would allow the IBJJF to have a say in the matter, especially considering they don't let any organizations that I know of have a say in the announcement of their findings.

I guess anything is possible. I'm just a person that follows the evidence. I see lots of evidence that USADA does the testing and the announcement of failed tests. I see the evidence that they have announced failed BJJ players before. I do see that the announcements seem to take a long time, but I don't see any evidence that the IBJJF has the ability to prevent USADA from making any announcements or decisions.

TL;Dr - Basically, if the UFC would not be able to prevent USADA from sweeping a failed Jon Jones drug test under the rug, I don't see how the IBJJF would be able to get USADA to sweep a failed Rafael Mendes drug test under the rug.

I could be wrong though.

The delay for Miyao makes sense when you consider the details.

It's not a unilateral process. There is a process for the athlete to defend himself.

In Miyao's case, he had a decent legal loophole to try in his defense. The standard USADA language wasn't in the Portuguese version of the tournament terms and conditions that he signed (what a coincidence right).

So Miyao lawyered up, and they went through the arbitration process. Things take a while. Hence the delay.

Other announcements have been faster in the past when they weren't contested to the same degree.

No one in bjj has the money/juice that the UFC has. If Jones gets popped for roids/drugs anyone in BJJ can.

The delay for Miyao makes sense when you consider the details.

It's not a unilateral process. There is a process for the athlete to defend himself.

In Miyao's case, he had a decent legal loophole to try in his defense. The standard USADA language wasn't in the Portuguese version of the tournament terms and conditions that he signed (what a coincidence right).

So Miyao lawyered up, and they went through the arbitration process. Things take a while. Hence the delay.

Other announcements have been faster in the past when they weren't contested to the same degree.

Pena results from ibjff were almost a year..

Pena results from ibjff were almost a year..

And there's a process for that too.

https://www.usada.org/felipe-pena-accepts-doping-sanction/

You can read the details there if you like. Thorough review, they had to check out his claim of getting the cream from a healthcare provider, Pena provided assistance to them, etc. That is all part of the process that takes some time.

It's not just like oh he pissed hot, let's release it the next day.

No one in bjj has the money/juice that the UFC has. If Jones gets popped for roids/drugs anyone in BJJ can.

Exactly.

The belief that somehow certain BJJ athletes have the power to manipulate USADA is ridiculous. The UFC is several orders of magnitude more influential and wealthy, and the UFC can't manipulate them.

And there's a process for that too.

https://www.usada.org/felipe-pena-accepts-doping-sanction/

You can read the details there if you like. Thorough review, they had to check out his claim of getting the cream from a healthcare provider, Pena provided assistance to them, etc. That is all part of the process that takes some time.

It's not just like oh he pissed hot, let's release it the next day.

Doesn't take a year for results. Olympics and the ufc find out the results less than a month.

So why does it take ibjff a whole year to release fail test? Pena and miyao both failed and it took almost a year to hear this news.

The IBJJF likely doesn't do anything if they aren't forced too. The have usually don't give a fuck attitude towards things that don't directly earn them money (like the rule set being ambiguous trash they refuse to clarify)

You can defend a failed test. One unnamed previous IBJJF champion tested positive in the past but kept his gold medal because he signed up for competition early before the drug testing was announced (it was mentioned in the Miyaos defense).

Back