Why do the Gracies have big egos?

Oh look, this thread again.

If your family invented leverage you'd have a big ego, too.

To be honest I only dislike Ralek, Royce and Royler. Rickson, Kron, Roger and especially Renzo are cool dudes. Rener and Ryron can be biased sometimes (Eddie/Royler 2) and their online belts are ridiculous.
Rickson seems like a cool guy. Rener and Ryron backed Ronda Rousey and tried to tell people that CM Punk was awesome as a grappler. That type of lying is a deal-breaker.

Probably because for decades they were the baddest motherfuckers on the planet and very few people knew it or gave them respect.
They always fought people with no skills. Renzo finally grew a pair and got whipped all over PRIDE's ring.

Contrary to popular belief alot of famed martial artists werent humble mr miyagi types

and like someone else said they are salty the sport passed them up

renzo_gracie_death.png

Basically you're asking why they have big egos cause you're not sure if they have big egos because it seems they have big egos yet you have not a single proof of them showing their ego

Everytime I hear, see or read up on one of these guys they all seem to have beef with everyone and about everything. From conflicts between family members, grudges against opponents, business issues, beef against other gyms/coaches/martial arts etc. They all seem to have a huge ego and miserable to be around.

Is this "normal" behaviour with the Gracies? Is this just a product of an upbringing under Gracie Jiu Jitsu?

I think you'd need to blame Helio and his macho tendencies, but I could be wrong.

They're a lot like Greece. Really prideful about being dominant and influential a long time ago, while the rest of the world has moved on.

I use that to my benefit.
That hairy guy around the corner from where I work puts a lot of pride into creating quality tasty gyros for $3, and I really enjoy his creations.

You have to respect Royce.

He fought juiced out of their minds behemoths like Shammy and Kimo and still tapped them. Oh and tapped a 260 pounds wrassler in Severn too.

Royce mad all their heads bigger
I highly doubt that. They were definitley behaving that way before the UFC. I respect all the gracies,but there is a thuggish zealot mentality they have that is off putting to normal people.

Once the sport moved on from...like ufc 5,the gracies would go to japan and demand their own rules. Ryan was acting crazy. You see Ryan and Renzo acting crazy in Pride and the refs never really penalized them. Royce would fight 10 mins and declare himself the winner,if it went the full 10. People didnt take kindly to that. The ego was beyond belief.

I think it's because all of their names start with 'R' and when anyone calls their name they make it sound like an 'H'. That'd piss me off too.

Have you ever trained with them or met them personally?

Although they do get into a lot of conflicts, every one of them I've ever met or trained with was SUPER nice in person.

Just sayin.
This. Rorion Gracie held a 20 minute conversation with my dad when he stopped by the Torrance gym. Not that he was super busy, but my dad had no intentions of signing up and was upfront abt it.

Have you ever trained with them or met them personally?

Although they do get into a lot of conflicts, every one of them I've ever met or trained with was SUPER nice in person.

Just sayin.

well, if ur paying for some seminars or nuthug 'em when u ask for a pic as you praise them, they might be nice.
but obviously they re not good competitors, as shown in all their misconduct and arrogant behavior

Hey i met Renzo and he was awesome to hang out with,but he still beat up two guys he claimed was trying to rob him that really might have just been two regular innocent guys lol and then posted it on twitter.

Everytime I hear, see or read up on one of these guys they all seem to have beef with everyone and about everything. From conflicts between family members, grudges against opponents, business issues, beef against other gyms/coaches/martial arts etc. They all seem to have a huge ego and miserable to be around.

Is this "normal" behaviour with the Gracies? Is this just a product of an upbringing under Gracie Jiu Jitsu?

They have alot of pride.
You would too.
And yes, theres alot of really nice Gracies out there. The dumbfucks who've never met any of em that post here probably have never rolled in their lives.

But id say Royce has pissed off alot of people tho.

Back