Why do the Gracies have big egos?

They were all raised in a fighting environment. And they have the most bad ass family on earth.

Would surprise me if they weren't at least a little cocky.
fb1a5458f65f6041532442f46aabee13a8c95d4e74c1affd8bca7c0be3a6456d.jpg

YuanEmperorAlbumGenghisPortrait.jpg

Because they made something and hate that others do it better now.They are to grappling what England is to football...
sir, probably this is the best answer I could ever think of. Few words and great analogy. Gawd bless you.

You have to have a big ego and/or be plain delusional to go into an MMA fight but want to wear your gi while the other guy doesn't
Nope. The gi could benefit Gracie in a lot of ways. Soak up his opponents sweat to help subs, makes certain subs harder to escape, could do gi specific chokes like ezekiel's etc.

If your family invented leverage you'd have a big ego, too.

To be honest I only dislike Ralek, Royce and Royler. Rickson, Kron, Roger and especially Renzo are cool dudes. Rener and Ryron can be biased sometimes (Eddie/Royler 2) and their online belts are ridiculous.

12Renzo-Gracie-vs-Ben-Spijkers-WCC.gif

Yeah really cool...

Sakuraba bless.

saku-roycegif.gif~c200
I still think that is the most legendary fight in MMA history,it was like watching an highly anticipated sequel to an epic movie that you waited for so long...

I have to say that in my opinion Rickson was really a cool guy,in 1995 in a vale tudo tournament he fought in the final Nakai(a really good fighter at the time)but the japanese during the tournament fought some monsters much heavier than him and suffered a terrible injury in one of his eyes(he permanent lost one eye).Rickson submitted Nakai in the final without throwing punches on the injured face of the opponent

12Renzo-Gracie-vs-Ben-Spijkers-WCC.gif

Yeah really cool...

I read that the guy whose neck he stepped on talked shit about Renzo's wife.

Renzo was losing against Oyama and tried to make him engage because he got passive towards the end of the fight. Dick move but he had his reasons.

I like Rener and Ryron, though :) I don't think they have big egos.

Back