Why do some people support Conor earning 100 million?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Vojislav, Feb 17, 2018.

1. TheBulletwithWings

TheBulletwithWings WAR EL CUCUY!

I’d rather die than his example. Then again he might have a small non functioning penis.

2. Jon eddward

Jon eddward Orange Belt

Other people being successful bothers you? It must suck to be you.

DocK and Kryptt like this.
  3. Fishmonger

Fishmonger All Your Base Are Belong to Us

[​IMG]

4. Rea_ctor

Rea_ctor Brown Belt

What an absolute tool you are, yes let's keep fighters poor which forces them to fight for their legacy...

5. HI SCOTT NEWMAN

HI SCOTT NEWMAN Steel Belt Cat ✔

I wish I had 100 dollars to my name, let alone 100 million. :oops::oops:

6. daniel san

daniel san Brown Belt

If they capped McGregor's salary at $10 million, who else would get the money? Is it right that the promoter of the fight gets the lion share of everything when they aren't the ones taking risks? If not the fighter or the promoter gets the money, should it all go to charity? How do you determine when someone has earned enough money?

If a lot of people wants to pay money to watch two fighters fight, it's none of my business.

FrankieNYC likes this.
  7. wonderbread

wonderbread Stiff Member

Because they have an IQ of 70

8. DanMMAleague

DanMMAleague Purple Belt

Conor started boxing at 10 and fought Mayweather at 29.

That's the culmination of 19 years of hard work in a very rough trade.

I can respect that much more than a lottery ticket winner who just bought a ticket.

9. McGeezle

McGeezle Brown Belt

They're not "supporting" it you clown they're just saying why he didn't defend. Hate to break it to you but some people can just look at things logically

10. OriginMMA

OriginMMA Black Belt

How does it benefit you to make this thread?

11. vindaloo

vindaloo Purple Belt

Conor provides a product that is worth more than what we pay to watch him.

12. Ilovepizza

Ilovepizza Banned Banned

I could lend you some money.

[​IMG]

13. stingren

stingren Orange Belt

Don’t count other people’s money

14. Loiosh

Loiosh Detective Platinum Member

Conor's approach, his popularity, and the money he's making have together had a pretty negative effect on my experience as a fan.

He screwed up two divisions. One of them is still screwed up, with two fighters who are probably much better than him losing time and possible title defenses while Conor refuses to defend. As an MMA fan, the Mayweather fight meant less than nothing to me. I had no interest in seeing a guy who was sitting on top of a division waste everyone's time getting embarrassed in another sport.

He has changed the way fighters negotiate. The top guys are all turning into divas now. More power to them (and Conor) for negotiating better deals where they can, but I don't want to hear about it, and I don't want to hear champions refuse to fight (or complain about) an opponent who isn't marketable. That should happen quietly and behind closed doors, and ultimately should not matter at all where champions are concerned. A champion should fight the guy who's next in line. Period.

Conor's clown act has a lot of fighters playing the fool for attention. I guess a lot of fans enjoy this, so I can't complain, but it's not for me. It makes the sport look pretty stupid.

TIMELESS TRUTH and 12ga. like this.
  15. Vegeta

Vegeta It's over 9000!

You are right TS.
    They all have no pride.
    Money>>>>Pride

16. HydralisK

HydralisK Blessin's on Blessin's on Blessin's

I heard he already burned through 20 mil of it in 2 years he may actually come back for top MMA money. He'll come back for a Floyd in the cage for 25 million more, Floyd will be the one taking a dive this time. Floyd will probably get 50 million just for an exhibition into MMA.

And Bro.. Don't ask why Conor deserves to make less. ASK Why don't the other top ranked guys in the sport (of MMA) make more? Enough said.

17. FrankieNYC

FrankieNYC RIP to anybody that passed! Platinum Member

I think it is more explaining why someone did something & understanding that they would do the same.
    99.99% would go for the fame/money.

Now that aside, Conor taking the MayMac fight was not the issue ... sitting out after was.
    He could have fought, made $100+n & fought again in UFC & he wouldn't catch the same level of crap.

most MMA fans agree, but diehard Conor fans will have his back because that is what diehards do ... TO AN EXTENT!

18. 12ga.

12ga. Silver Belt

I dont care how much he makes or anyone else. Whats troublesome is Connie fans use his wealth as an excuse for not defending for almost two years now - three if you count FW.

Plenty of MMA fighters and champions are set for life and still defended/fought like clockwork. GSP, Silva Jones were worth 10s of millions and defended all the time and cemented greatness. In other sports like boxing they were worth 300+ million and defended. Other sports still they show up to games worth 100s of millions. Conor in his prime isnt.

I think he's scared to lose his belt to two better fighters than he. First Khabib he went running from with baby excuse. Now Tony who has the belt. He knows he got lucky as shit on his run and wont be Ronda Rousyd.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    Seaside likes this.
  19. Alxair

Alxair Green Belt

I have no idea what kind of drug abuse or lack of education led to TS and his mental ideas about the world.

As for Conor and his 100 mil - people pay to see him, ergo he earned it. You might not find it's worth that, but other people figured it's worth it too them. Nobody was conned or forced into paying it, they all did it voluntary. I'd prefer Conor to focus on defending and all but who am I to tell people who to give their money? I'd rather have the actual athletes get compensated unlike the Olympics that cash in big while the athletes get jack shit. Another example is NCAA.

But again, not really worth discussing anything with someone that thinks hell on earth, aka North Korea, is a good place.

20. Seaside

Seaside Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores

Yeah its stupid and it kills the sport.

Hope Conor gets KO once he return then goes away he done so much damage