Why do sherdoggers praise NFL and NBA guys for being "A level athletes"

Takes much more skill than lying on a sweaty bloody dude like that snore fest Teixeira fight!

Plus the pay is a lot better.

Sure theres rules, but never compare mma to basketball my man. Training to put a ball through a hoop and trying to wrestle, strike or submit a person whos trying to potentialy knock your block off is not the same.
They are not the same true lol. Ballers run, jump and are more explosively strong. A++ athlete > C and D mma athletes. The discussion isn't fighting, it's athletic prowess.

Now step da fuk off da block cuh before u get clapped up

Lol your basically calling manlets genetically blessed. There's a reason manlets fight manlets in combat sports. They have the chins of 12 year old school girls and hit like insects. If NBA launched a league with only players under 5'8 do do think anyone would care? Yes they'd be fast and have good stanima just like MMA but against real men in any physical activity manlets just don't make the cut

It's always easy to identify the 6'4" fatso who's triggered by the idea that a "manlet" could kick his ass lmao. On a more serious note though, I don't see many of your 7' tall, 300 lb guys playing soccer, but do you deny that the world's top soccer players are genetically blessed? Ridiculous.

The manlets in NFL and NBA are actually MUCH more explosive and athletic than the big men. Look at how Barry Sanders, Ray Rice, or Mugsy Bogues move. They would utterly decimate the small divisions.
Maybe, maybe not. But you're talking the cream of the crop. People who compete with supremely athletic, talented, and larger individuals on a regular basis. They literally fall into 0.001% of the population. If they're the only ones who count as "A-level" athletes, then even the majority of Olympians don't make the grade.

They are not the same true lol. Ballers run, jump and are more explosively strong. A++ athlete > C and D mma athletes. The discussion isn't fighting, it's athletic prowess.

Now step da fuk off da block cuh before u get clapped up

look at my avatar. when you can fid me a baller who can do that ill give you props. if you can find mr a baller who can execute a perfect roundhouse to ko someone....ill give it to you.....more explosive power my ass.

look at my avatar. when you can fid me a baller who can do that ill give you props. if you can find mr a baller who can execute a perfect roundhouse to ko someone....ill give it to you.....more explosive power my ass.
Pussy slam. Barely did anything to Fyodor. If that was Reggie White slamming Fyodor he would have killed Fyodor and then MMA would be out of business because it would be deemed too violent because a real athlete used real power to hurt someone.

That's fair as a an average. That really isn't a fair comparison though but even if we use that example.
Competitive MMA has only been around for less than 25 years and only accepted by the mainstream no more than 15.

One would have to agree than in that short span of time, the top level MMA fighters now are on par (if not better) with any other professional athletes.

Something unique about MMA is how fast it grows and evolves. Could a dominate athlete from 15 years ago still dominate today in the NBA, NFL, MLB, Hockey .. etc? Yes
In MMA, the same can't be said because it's already evolved.

I disagree with some of that.
For one, I don't believe the top levels of MMA have, as whole, reached the athletic heights of other leagues. Champs are guys like Bisping, Conor, Stipe, none of those guys are super athletic, justngreat fighters. Now guys like Romero, Rumble, Wonderboy, Woodley, Jacare, MM, TJ, Cruz, Kennedy, Ngannu, are athletic, but across the board MMA still lags behind.

And two, do the names Dan Henderson and Randy Couture ring a bell? They competed well into their 40s, and several UFC guys have been competing for well over a decade (Lawler, Anderson, Shogun, Overeem, Barnett, Cerrone, Faber just off top of my head).
There are outliers in all sports. MMA is no different. There's a reason the best WRs in the NFL and SGs in the NBA are generally young, 22-28, age causes a loss of speed and such and those guys like Julio Jones, Brown, OBJ, Landry, etc.. will event7ally be replaced as the elite.

You know you could easily do that with any sport....Roy Nelson does exist in other sports too. Most of the guys at that NFL combine are putting up crazy numbers.

Hell Byron Jones actually set the world record for the broad jump at the NFL combine
i8lfmDs.gif

Man, I wouldn't believe that jump if I didn't see that clip. That is impressive.

No kidding lol. His post was lulz worthy, and not in a good way.

You know you could easily do that with any sport....Roy Nelson does exist in other sports too. Most of the guys at that NFL combine are putting up crazy numbers.

Hell Byron Jones actually set the world record for the broad jump at the NFL combine
i8lfmDs.gif

Bring back Ray Ewry from the dead or a prime Arne Tvervaag, give them the PED's Byron is using and and they'd probably break 13ft+

I disagree with some of that.
For one, I don't believe the top levels of MMA have, as whole, reached the athletic heights of other leagues. Champs are guys like Bisping, Conor, Stipe, none of those guys are super athletic, justngreat fighters. Now guys like Romero, Rumble, Wonderboy, Woodley, Jacare, MM, TJ, Cruz, Kennedy, Ngannu, are athletic, but across the board MMA still lags behind.

And two, do the names Dan Henderson and Randy Couture ring a bell? They competed well into their 40s, and several UFC guys have been competing for well over a decade (Lawler, Anderson, Shogun, Overeem, Barnett, Cerrone, Faber just off top of my head).
There are outliers in all sports. MMA is no different. There's a reason the best WRs in the NFL and SGs in the NBA are generally young, 22-28, age causes a loss of speed and such and those guys like Julio Jones, Brown, OBJ, Landry, etc.. will event7ally be replaced as the elite.
In your first paragraph you said "I don't believe the top levels of MMA have, as whole, reached the athletic heights of other leagues"
That's fair overall.
You listed some good examples so I can't argue strongly against. I think we both can agree the gap is getting closer.

On your second paragraph I'm not sure I understand your point.
I was trying to highlight the point (not effectively I will admit) at how quickly the sport has evolved. A better way to illustrate what I was referencing Is for example .
15 years ago, Rico Rodriguez was the heavyweight champ. Even in his prime, Rico would get handled by most of the guys in the division he was the champion of.

15 years ago WBC champ - Shane Moseley. NBA Star Tim Duncan . NFL MVP Kurt Warner
MLB- Barry Bonds. The best of their sport at the time, in their prime, could still operate at the highest level today because the competition hasn't surpassed their prime talent level yet.

Now, I concede this post may have some hyperbole and I'm cherry picking a little but you get my point.

If you're still reading, nice work . Imagine how tough it was for me typing all that shit on my phone.

Last edited:
Back