Why do people think leg kicks are "less manly" than punching?

I see people comment all the time that leg kicks aren't real fighting and that it's a pathetic strategy.

If anything, leg kicks are more painful than punches and surviving dozens of leg kicks is a bigger test of pain tolerance than surviving punches (which is mostly dependent on genetics).

People say that leg kicks don't require skill but that's only if the other fighter doesn't know how to deal with them. That's true for literally anything in combat sports. You don't need to be particularly skilled to knock someone out if your opponent has no skill either.

It takes skill for sure to set up good, fight-ending, leg kicks against a skilled opponent, and it takes real heart and toughness to survive them.
Just use your judgement... If someone is saying that, then just ignore them.

Manliness to gay, in this order

1. Flying knee
2. Uppercut
3. Hook
4. Head kick
5. Cross
6. Body kick
7. Jab
8. Leg lick
9. Calf kick
10. Hug him... I mean grapple him.
1. oil check whats more manly than that?

I see people comment all the time that leg kicks aren't real fighting and that it's a pathetic strategy.

If anything, leg kicks are more painful than punches and surviving dozens of leg kicks is a bigger test of pain tolerance than surviving punches (which is mostly dependent on genetics).

People say that leg kicks don't require skill but that's only if the other fighter doesn't know how to deal with them. That's true for literally anything in combat sports. You don't need to be particularly skilled to knock someone out if your opponent has no skill either.

It takes skill for sure to set up good, fight-ending, leg kicks against a skilled opponent, and it takes real heart and toughness to survive them.
hehehe
Leg kicks hurt not only your opponent, but it hurts to kick as well!! (After all, it's shin against Shin).

But the reason these people claim that, is because whoever is the guy getting kicked is the one they are rooting for. Plain and simple.
So if you were an Adesanya fan, They'd say that against Alex (on their first fight).

If you'd take notice, the same people would nto say this when Adesanya kicks the legs of their opponent... (then it's strategy)...

MMA fans are like that! ;)

……said someone who is not Alex Perreita or Justin Gaethje

hehehe
Leg kicks hurt not only your opponent, but it hurts to kick as well!! (After all, it's shin against Shin).

But the reason these people claim that, is because whoever is the guy getting kicked is the one they are rooting for. Plain and simple.
So if you were an Adesanya fan, They'd say that against Alex (on their first fight).

If you'd take notice, the same people would nto say this when Adesanya kicks the legs of their opponent... (then it's strategy)...

MMA fans are like that! ;)

It’s shin against shin if it’s checked…..

I think that every type of offense that seems low-risk relative to trading in the phonebooth gets labeled as a cowardly way to fight by people who dont care about the sport aspect of combat sports.

Like how in boxing employing a rangy jab and clinch heavy gameplan is considered as a 'less manly way to fight" than fighting in lets say the classic Mexican style. At the very least your style has to expose you to frequent danger if you dont want to be labeled as a pussy by meathead fans.

1. Flying knee
2. Uppercut
3. Hook
4. Head kick
5. Cross
6. Body kick
7. Jab
8. Leg lick
9. Calf kick
Leg lick is less gay than calf kick.....

interesting....

Tbh I think it takes more skill to consistently land leg kicks and not get checked, than land punches, but I think it might be that we have an instinct to protect our head, so that strikes to the head will always feel more significant

There are some bitch ass leg kicks thrown out there lets be honest

Im talking about the “point fighters” that throw them 50% power and slap you with the foot

Then there are leg kicks thrown with authority, the ones that if you don’t check, leave an impact. Those are the manly ones

1. Flying knee
2. Uppercut
3. Hook
4. Head kick
5. Cross
6. Body kick
7. Jab
8. Leg lick
9. Calf kick
Well, that does put Arman on the very bottom then.

Heavily damaging the opposition is manly, doesn’t matter by which mean’s necessarily, although KO by 1000 papercuts is somewhat anticlimactic

i kid you guys not that in the eyes of the general American populace, kicking and grappling is looked at as dirty and un-manly as pulling hair and biting. "pussy as bitch shit to be honest". even in ghetto street fights with enough onlookers around, if a man grapples it will be broken up by the homies for being "pussy shit". obviously genuine no rules street fights to the death are different and grappling almost always comes into effect and sooner than later...
This is true -I grew up in a street fighting neighborhood where guys would square up to quash beefs where peoples Uncles and sometimes even Grandmothers would show up. Fistfighting had a decorum, and if anyone tried something like a kick or picking up something to use as a weapon -that was considered "being a b*tch". Nobody wanted to watch two guys rolling around on the ground or groin shots. This is a pretty old tradition -if you look back at the old West in America, fighting always had decorum -I mean mostly as a Gun duel -you were expected to stay calm and collected and not try any cheap shit or youd get a bad reputation and there you Name and Rep was your life. You shot someone in the back -that became part of your name. Wrestling on the dirty ground was something lowbrow cowpokes used for settlin

"I was been used to being #Warrior like you, until I was taken kick to leg"

Never has this claim been made with punch instead of kick. Kick was possess secret #Masculinity which can only become comprehend by great strikers such as Poatan Alex

I think it's because it's highly unlikely any one leg kick is going to stop the fight. Whereas other strikes, if they connect, at least could end the fight.
What about Pereira where he kicks the legs to take away his opponent's mobility so he can land his fight ending shots.

Been watching the UFC since 1945 and I've never heard anyone say that in relation to mma.

It comes up pretty often whenever a fighter relies heavily on managing distance and chopping down their opponent's legs.

I remember watching UFC 250. I had been a fan for a while, but it was my first time making a concerted effort to attend one of the PBP threads on Sherdog for the event at the same time. Alex Perez TKO'd Formiga with low kicks on the Early Prelims quite badly, just kept going back to the well with no resistance and finished him in the first round as I recall.

Instead of people talking about what a good performance it was, there were people saying -- and I quote -- "What a bitchmade gameplan..."

Seen it many times since in many contexts. There's always a small but vocal segment of people who seem to shout loudly about how calf kicks are bullshit and lame.

1. Flying knee
2. Uppercut
3. Hook
4. Head kick
5. Cross
6. Body kick
7. Jab
8. Leg lick
9. Calf kick
Every street fight in Brazil begins with a sucker flying kick à la Werdum lol