Why do people talk about Cain like it's five years ago?

Never thought I'd read the name Darren anderton on this forum. :D

Not sure many people will know who he is, but yea it's in the Harry Kewell/Owen hargreaves level of inury prone.
Anderton was legit Mr sick note. He could out injure anyone in his prime injured state

Why is he mentioned in the same category as fedor here, or even mentioned in the same sentence?

He is a rich man's Erik Silva mixed with Darren Anderton from his spurs days. He's as relevant as Hilary Clinton.

Why such level of shenanigans?
because WHEN he fought, he dominated... unless he fought at altitude, but let us not get into that... :D

But bottom line, he's not really Erick Silva. After all, he was a champion already.

So stop giving Silva a hard time! The dude will become a champion someday.
Just give him time!

Why do people talk about Fedor like it's 15 years ago?
Most of us talk about him being an all time great not some current killer. The majority of threads here are people coming up with ridiculous reasons why he isn’t the GOAT and then they disappear from their own threads when people explain in detail how fucking stupid their ideas are.

Most guys show how much they've regressed in the cage. Cain's been to fragile to even make it there. Once he comes back and gets KTFO people will say he was never that good.

I'm not getting into your core argument of Fedor vs. Cain, but was Pride at it's peak bigger than the UFC is now?
Now doesn’t matter when referring to Cain. Pride was definitely bigger than the ufc when Cain was on top.

Cain has as many wins as GSP in the last 4.5 years and GSP retired for 4 years lol

Cain has beaten 3 fighters since 2011 for fuck sakes.

But UFC always had the worst HWs between PrideFC & Strikeforce. So why would Fedor have gone somewhere to fight worse competition? Wouldn't his resume have been worse off?
The guy had the chance to join the UFC in 2009/2010, but he chose to go to Beta Leagues and lose. He is 2-4 (with one very suspicious win) inside the cage with unified rules
Your opinion sucks. Fedor undefeated for 10 years. Even steroid jones hasnt done that. Pride was better than ufc.
Blah blah. He was undefeated in an archaic sport. In the cage under some version of the unified rules, he is 2-4 with a suspect win, and none of those fights were in the Gold Standard MMA promotion.

Tell me which legitimate MMA organization still uses the ring with PRIDE FC rules? LOL

The guy had the chance to join the UFC in 2009/2010, but he chose to go to Beta Leagues and lose. He is 2-4 (with one very suspicious win) inside the cage with unified rules

Blah blah. He was undefeated in an archaic sport. In the cage under some version of the unified rules, he is 2-4 with a suspect win, and none of those fights were in the Gold Standard MMA promotion.

Tell me which legitimate MMA organization still uses the ring with PRIDE FC rules? LOL
The Beta leagues had better heavyweights. Nice attempt at avoiding an obvious fact.

The Beta leagues had better heavyweights. Nice attempt at avoiding an obvious fact.
And the so called "GOAT" was losing to them, and getting KO'd by a Middle Weight. Oh, I know, "but but but he was out of his prime." LOL

He is a rich man's Erik Silva mixed with Darren Anderton from his spurs days.
CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.JPG

Cain "sicknote" Velasquez lol

I'm guessing people still talk about Cain is because the HW division is barren, even an injury prone Cain can still fight and be competitive or beat the top 10 fighters right now. I mean we have guys who are in the top 10 who fought in Pride, and that organization folded 10 years ago! Just last defense a title challenger didn't even train for wrestling, the division is just terrible right now!

Yeah... Speaking of 5 years ago... Fedor has actually had more fights in the last 5 years than Cain.

But Come on... The guy was GREAT for a while
And Fedor was literally retired for the majority of that time hahaha

And the so called "GOAT" was losing to them, and getting KO'd by a Middle Weight. Oh, I know, "but but but he was out of his prime." LOL
Yet you accuse him of not coming to the so called major leagues when it was shit. Your claim is he can’t be the best because he never fought in the ufc yet it was never the top org for his division while he was still on top. Seems he liked the tougher competition.

Cain was the first guy to smash Brock and many MMA hardcore fans hated Brock. His win over Brock validated Cain to many fans.

I saw JDS pounding Nathan's Hot Dogs before each of the Cain fights, legit, so I'm pretty sure the 2nd & third JDS fights ar questionable wins as well. My reasoning is thus: Although one must acceed that it was in fact JDS' body with both the hot dogs at Nathan's and Cain in the Octagon, that it was IN FACT the soul/spirit/source/spark of Johny Hendricks inhabiting the body of JDS in Nathan's AND the Octagon.

In case you've got questions, we all did/do.

Lots of people say or said that Cain took years off of JDS' career w/ those 2nd and 3rd fights, that Cain "took his soul". Frankly, I'm not sure that's true because if you look closely he had already lost something in his eye, some of that hungry tiger, some of that hunter. Some blamed the shift in JDS' focus on things like the ladies, pretty new wives and all that. Others brought up his sweet relationship w/ Nike and his possible future of bringing the product and concept of shoes to the impoverished nation of Brazil. Me, I've heard it all, all the speculation, all the wild theories, but I'm not convinced, no sir. You ask me, well, it's always been about those damn dogs, and I won't be convinced otherwise; you had to see what I saw.

When a man leans over a tray full of Nathan's hotdogs you expect to see something special. You don't what it is for everybody, but you know what it is for you. So with that in mind I want you to picture one of these inviting orange/brown/yellow/green/ trays filled w/ hot dogs: 2 plain, 2 kraut, 2 chili. The 2 plain don't even really make it to the table so the krauts and chilis are left. W/ that split and w/ those dogs there is only one thing I'm gonna see when I look in JDS' eyes as he's lookin' at the dogs - The crystal sauerkraut is Mr. Snow Miser, the chilis are Mr. Heat Miser, and they're gonna sing a dance and sparkle in your eyes.

But not so w/ JDS. The kraut isn't crystal and fresh like an icicle, but droopy, and nasty, hanging off of his forehead like some kind of glutinous seaweed. And the beans, the chili, the horror. The chili was a dark fiery lake or lagoon, and the beans were black, soulless eyes, like that of a creature who thrives in the sea and maybe a little bit underneath. It was then that I realized what was happening. The hot dogs had cast some spell, much like a succubus or a harpy, over the champ, filling him w/ lies of sauerkraut and chili and nacho cheese, but showing every one who looked into his eyes what the future awaited him for making this devil's deal with those damn dirty dogs.

What's that? How does Johny Hendrick's fit into this?

Well, Ol' Johny's been known to like a little bite to eat now and then. Like a lot. Like a Hobbit lot. So when the soul or whatever of Johny Hendricks saw that this gigantic HW's soul had vacated the body for hot dogs, it's only natural that a go getter like Johny f**ckin' Hendricks is gonna get right in there and take advantage off the opportunity to chowdown. We know that it was Johny Hendricks by the tell tale clues any big eater leaves behind: A) JDS has only ever looked like 70% of the fighter he was before the 2nd & 3rd Cain fights, and B) even though he was pretty much KO'd for 10 rounds he still stuffed 70% of Cain's TD's.

Anyhow, just throwing that out there for you to chew on a bit before you jump to proclaim vs JDS 2 & 3 "elite-wins".

not sure how to explain it...

as 1 of yer bigger fans here, sometimes its just..... a miss?

while i admit, most people wont get the subtext, and this WAS full of pearls (heatmiser being my personal fave)

this should hsve gotten more run... but i guess they arent ALL home runs, Doc.

Probably because he has come back from injury looking great in the past. He has a history of bouncing back.

Yet you accuse him of not coming to the so called major leagues when it was shit. Your claim is he can’t be the best because he never fought in the ufc yet it was never the top org for his division while he was still on top. Seems he liked the tougher competition.
That is not my claim at all. At some point the UFC became the top organization, and Fedor had the chance to join, he didn't. He went to the Beta Leagues, and he was destroyed over there. Now because he was destroyed, his fans want to claim "he was out of his prime" which I am not buying.

Conclusion, when MMA moved inside a cage and the rules were somewhat standardized, the so called GOAT didn't do so well. Therefore, his PRIDE record can only be compared with PRIDE fighters. Since PRIDE is obsolete, it means that Fedor can't be the GOAT.

He pioneered a version of MMA that no longer exist, that is his proper credit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back