Why do people talk about Cain like it's five years ago?

Philtard

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Why is he mentioned in the same category as fedor here, or even mentioned in the same sentence?

He is a rich man's Erik Silva mixed with Darren Anderton from his spurs days. He's as relevant as Hilary Clinton.

Why such level of shenanigans?

People rate him based on his potential rather than his accomplishments

Extremely sad, I hate to see an athlete fail to realize his true potential base on circumstances beyond his control. But you're right, he simply didn't do enough in the time he was relevant.

Fingers crossed that he'll get his chance again, but in combat sports, it usually doesn't work that way

Because he’s the best to ever do it is why. Wishful thinking on behalf of his fans. At least, for me.

He's the male Cat Zingano, only he actually won a belt. He shined brightly in his 15 minutes. :D

I'm still mad at Cain for the altitude oversight and the unsafe training camps.

Brown pride, brah.

Viva la Raza

Because he's the GOAT HW that looked great in his last fight and is still planning on returning.

He avenged his loss to JDS and would've probably avenged his only other loss to Werdum if he didn't get injured.

When he was healthy he was a beast and had the potential to be one of the best.

Fans are still holding on to the day he returns and gets back to that level.

Healthy Sea-level Cain is the GOAT HW.

Cain’s last appearance and win was Travis Browne at UFC 200. Travis is on a four fight losing skid that started with Cain.

Before this win, Cain’s last win was in October 2013 against JDS. Let that sink in. Crazy waste of potential due to injuries.

if cain comes back and wins, then it will be just like khabib. he will be GOAT.

everyone gets mad at the injury rate, so then the negativity results in discrediting that fighter and their wins. "who have they beat."..."yeah like 2 years ago".

then that fighter comes back and wins a match and is the next jesus. the pettis era, khabib, cain everytime he fights, if conor wins upon return.....

He's the male Cat Zingano, only he actually won a belt. He shined brightly in his 15 minutes. :D
:( i like cat

Why do people talk about Fedor like it's 15 years ago?

Why is he mentioned in the same category as fedor here, or even mentioned in the same sentence?

He is a rich man's Erik Silva mixed with Darren Anderton from his spurs days. He's as relevant as Hilary Clinton.

Why such level of shenanigans?
He is better than Fedor has ever been. He was UFC Champion. That is bigger than anything Fedor has ever done. Just my opinion.

People are still riding that hype train. Cain is a beast but he was overhyped even when he was fighting and he's only fought twice since 2013 (and is 1-1 in those bouts).
He had tons of potential but even when he managed to get to the cage his strength of schedule is meh.

His best wins are Brock Lesnar, Big Nog, JDS, and Bigfoot.

Brock is a good win but Brock had plenty of weaknesses.
Nog was super worn by the time Cain got to him.
JDS was a legit elite-win and showed what Cain was capable of.
After losing to Cain the second time bigfoot fought 9 more times, only winning once over Soa Palelei.

Back