Why do people talk about Cain like it's five years ago?

Unfortunately he had potential, but never fully came to realize them. Personally I think he is rather iverrated, as actual accomplishments should always outweigh what COULD have been.
His most dominating fight was his loss to Werdum.

Why is he mentioned in the same category as fedor here, or even mentioned in the same sentence?

He is a rich man's Erik Silva mixed with Darren Anderton from his spurs days. He's as relevant as Hilary Clinton.

Why such level of shenanigans?

Well... since Cain only fights about once every five years it's all we've got to go on <Moves>

Because he's the GOAT HW that looked great in his last fight and is still planning on returning.

He avenged his loss to JDS and would've probably avenged his only other loss to Werdum if he didn't get injured.

He doesnt have many losses because he didnt fight many guys.

Wasted his prime fighting Bigfoot x 2 and one too many JDS fights.

Werdum dominated him from the opening bell and would beat him again in the rematch. Better striking and elite ground game, Cain can pick his poison.

Why do people mention Cain like he is almost on the same level as the American Gangster?

The fact that Cain is still ranked as high as he is still baffles me. Hasn't fought in almost 2 years an no one even knows exactly when he's coming back.

The dude had so much potential but injuries have left him in shambles.

I still don't get and will never get why people keep saying he's the guy so and so has to beat if they want to be considered the best. Come on son.

The sea will rise again.

<{Heymansnicker}>

I never understood the hype about Cain hes been finished twice in his prime and doesnt even fight often

He's the male Cat Zingano, only he actually won a belt. He shined brightly in his 15 minutes. :D
ETCGlXD.gif

People rate him based on his potential rather than his accomplishments

Extremely sad, I hate to see an athlete fail to realize his true potential base on circumstances beyond his control. But you're right, he simply didn't do enough in the time he was relevant.

Fingers crossed that he'll get his chance again, but in combat sports, it usually doesn't work that way
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Why is he mentioned in the same category as fedor here, or even mentioned in the same sentence?

He is a rich man's Erik Silva mixed with Darren Anderton from his spurs days. He's as relevant as Hilary Clinton.

Why such level of shenanigans?

Yeah... Speaking of 5 years ago... Fedor has actually had more fights in the last 5 years than Cain.

But Come on... The guy was GREAT for a while

Cain was a poor mans Fedor.

Sorry, but he was never close to what Fedor was and never will be.

Good thing for him he had JDS' number or else he would have zero impressive wins.

Again, sorry.

Last edited:
It doesn't look like Pride had the event frequency the UFC has at it's peak? I wonder how much that influences attendance in terms of per event. This might be tough.
Yeah , Pride stacked their cards and the UFC doesnt . I also wonder how much the UFC's PPV's affect their live attendance . And the technology to provide PPV's is much better now than in the 2000's . Geez its really hard to compare these things .

Never thought I'd read the name Darren anderton on this forum. :D

Not sure many people will know who he is, but yea it's in the Harry Kewell/Owen hargreaves level of inury prone.

Back