Why do people only care about Mass murders?

Kvolcom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is meant as no disrespect but correct me if im wrong havent 1416 ppl been murdered in america this year...

why havent I heard anything abt the other 1399...just curious

This is meant as no disrespect but correct me if im wrong havent 1416 ppl been murdered in america this year...

why havent I heard anything abt the other 1399...just curious

Innocent kids vs gang bangers killing each.

But the numbers are as you say.

People only care about what the media tells them to care about

Americans like WINNARS! and having a high score is American as hell!

Because it happens so quickly and apparently that's particularly upsetting (based on lack of rational discourse when this notion was broached in the Florida shooting thread). Maybe your thread will get more articulate responses.

<GinJuice>

Isn't it the same light vs dark curiosity with which people read stories about antiheroes and supervillains and dark story twists and murder mysteries and horror genres and revenge plots and morally gray military operations and rebellions and violent insurrections and children's books where the main kid gets lost instead of plays safely in his backyard for awhile and takes a nap rather than falling into a Dangerous Realm of Tea Parties or Magic Wardrobes or Giant Peaches, it's been awhile since I read that book so I have no idea if James found the only Giant Peach or there was a world of Giant Fruit or something

I "care" about all the murders equally, in the sense that I have the same level of sympathy for an innocent person getting killed in a robbery vs a high school student getting shot at school, but it is piques my morbid curiosity when someone goes off the deep end and does something as horrifying as the shooting today

1417 sorry someone just got killed r.i.p.

made this thread 25 minutes ago smh

because it more accurately reflects the paradigm of good and evil.

the diversified incidents have the excuse of irrational behavior.

this kid on the other hand knew what he was doing, through a rational philosophy: evil.

e.g. the story of cain and abel

people do care, why would you write that they don't

8 ppl have been killed via lawnmower this year

stay woke

rip

Because things like mass murderers/serial killers could affect anyone, it is seemingly random who gets targeted so there is a more personal feeling to the story knowing it might be able to happen to you.]

A criminal shooting another over a bad drug deal isn't really something that will ever affect most people.

At the rate that these mass shootings are happening people will stop caring about it. It's kind of f'd up to say it but I don't really care anymore.

Its more entertaining. Same reason you wont hear about a house burning down, but you will hear about a house eaten by a sinkhole.

Because mass murders are random and can effect anyone at anytime. Most other murders and shootings are targeted at specific people and have motivation behind them so the public doesn't really have to worry about them as much.

people do care, why would you write that they don't

Yea I mean most murders are reported on local news and I see follow up stories. There’s plenty of people in communities trying to deal with the issues that cause higher murder rates. I don’t get the vibe that no one cares.

Isn't it the same light vs dark curiosity with which people read stories about antiheroes and supervillains and dark story twists and murder mysteries and horror genres and revenge plots and morally gray military operations and rebellions and violent insurrections and children's books where the main kid gets lost instead of plays safely in his backyard for awhile and takes a nap rather than falling into a Dangerous Realm of Tea Parties or Magic Wardrobes or Giant Peaches,...

You totally lost me when you punctuated.

Mass murders are easier to politicize than a few darkies killing each other over Pumas

Got a kick out of the Pumas. Those even still made? Would think at best they'd have the yoga market. Pumas sounds much classier than cougars.

Same reason you wont hear about a house burning down, but you will hear about a house eaten by a sinkhole.

Pics of sinkhole or GTFO. I mean, shit...who doesn't love a good sinkhole pic? Normal people get over fire imagery by playing with matches as a kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back