Why do people only care about Mass murders?

Isn't it the same light vs dark curiosity with which people read stories about antiheroes and supervillains and dark story twists and murder mysteries and horror genres and revenge plots and morally gray military operations and rebellions and violent insurrections and children's books where the main kid gets lost instead of plays safely in his backyard for awhile and takes a nap rather than falling into a Dangerous Realm of Tea Parties or Magic Wardrobes or Giant Peaches, it's been awhile since I read that book so I have no idea if James found the only Giant Peach or there was a world of Giant Fruit or something
Fuck you and your run on sentences!!! Boooo!!

The regular killings represent a predictable occurrence. Even if it's a wholly negative event, there's a logic and an order to it. Generally, the deaths happen for a predictable reason to a predictable group of people who many people don't relate to at all. Mass killings are far more chaotic. Seemingly, they could happen to anyone at any time and any place.

Bear in mind that around 40,000 people a year die in traffic accidents, but no one seems up in arms about that.

It's worth mentioning that a large percentage of people killed on the streets of the inner city are school age kids. Some gangbangers, but many the same age of the students that were killed in Florida... And lot of young kids are shot in the crossfire that obviously weren't gangbangers.

It is just as saddening to see these kids killed in the hood as I see that shit on the news here all the time. Rarely does it make national news.

People care more about what the media gives attention to. And they pay more attention to serial killers because hey, it's a more complex and interesting story than the victims'.

Go to CNN sometime and watch how the stories of the victims are 4 lines below the story about the killer. The victims' stories are so run of the mill but serial killers are rare so let's all fixate on that.

And then thanks to all the attention, the next day you get all these copycats. It's sad af actually but the media can't help themselves.

It would be interesting to see how crime/mass killings fare during a year without electronic communication to spread the word.

Because Sensationalism.

The joker nails it.....Nobody gives a shit that people are committing suicide or people in poor neighborhoods are dying because it's part of the plan.

But when a mass shooting happens......Something that is nothing compared to most killings...People over exaggerate...the Media goes into full sensationalist mode..It's pathetic.

sheep only care about the things they are told to care about.

How is TS not banned after starting a thread about killing Donald Trump?

People only care about what the media tells them to care about

They push a specific narrative.

White mass shooter = bad

Black people soaughtering each other by the hundreds/thousands in ghettos located in high gun control cities = swept under the rug

This is meant as no disrespect but correct me if im wrong havent 1416 ppl been murdered in america this year...

why havent I heard anything abt the other 1399...just curious

Well, they don't care. If they did we would have had gun control by now.

Back