Why do Freddie Roach and Joel Diaz think Lomachenko is nothing special and boring?

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i was watching Freddie roach videos and he said he wasn't impressed with lomachenkos last win before rigondeaux he said it was embarrassing, jose aldo was there as well and looked bored and unimpressed with loma, and joel diaz also says lomachenko is boring

I personally think lomachenko is amazing in terms of his cat like reflex, his only negative is he doesn't throw hard shots, he seems to just pity pat and touch you, but i think roach and diaz are being hard on him? maybe they only like brawlers with power?

Because his training and skill set is outside the box and new.

The old generations are jealous and always shit on the newer generations. Same goes for all other sports and everything else, like music.

Freddy wouldn't be able to teach half of what Lomachenko does. I think it's just a dislike of something you don't understand or comprehend. I'd like to hear what he has to say now after Loma just toyed with Rigondeaux.

Probably 'cause neither of them has a piece of him.

If you are a boxing fan and were not impressed by Loma last night, you need to get your eyes checked.

Only thing i could think of is that he doesnt really knock guys to the canvas. He is more of a point fighter

I think Roach really doesnt like the guy. Talked about his arrogance in a vid that's on YT. Which is a fair point but it doesnt take away from dude's SICK boxing skills

i think roach is more annoyed with lomachenko's antics and the fact that he isn't fighting anyone who can challenge him.

the first point is valid, the second less so. but i'm not going to hate on freddie, he's cool.

Who Freddie coached that was elite at boxing? Those that were cane to him with that aleady developed.

Look at how Roach fought when he was a fighter and compare it to what Loma does in the ring.

It's just jealousy.

Lomachenko doesn't often turn up the gears. You often have the feeling that he could be giving more of himself in the fight, and then the showboating when he's coasting makes it more frustrating to watch. Plus most of his shots he lands are pitty pat type set-up punches. All of his fights since Salido have basically played out the same way with a single tempo throughout.

I don't think he's boring but I can see why someone would. Unless he's in with someone who can challenge him then it's not going to be must-watch sports entertainment.

Who Freddie coached that was elite at boxing? Those that were cane to him with that aleady developed.
Roach coached Aaron Pico for a while as an amateur does that count?

Lomachenko doesn't often turn up the gears. You often have the feeling that he could be giving more of himself in the fight, and then the showboating when he's coasting makes it more frustrating to watch. Plus most of his shots he lands are pitty pat type set-up punches. All of his fights since Salido have basically played out the same way with a single tempo throughout.

I don't think he's boring but I can see why someone would. Unless he's in with someone who can challenge him then it's not going to be must-watch sports entertainment.

Loma might be scared to kill a guy? I noticed he throws mostly pitty pat punches with no sauce on it.

I want him to put some more sauce on his punches and really wobble guys, he has the IT factor he just needs to destroy guys like Prince Naseem and Manny Pacquiao did which made them famous, I think Loma can do it, I mean he knocked out that Rocky guy for the title with some vicious shots.

Maybe he is saving his power for the right guy? he doesn't want guys to think he punches hard so he can shock them, Id imagine he would throw power on someone like Gervonta tank davis.

They get to have their opinions... but there's a tendency amongst some to dislike and discredit the fighter who is liked by casual fight fans and non-boxing fans.

Anything that fighter does is never enough... and any struggles they have just confirms the bias against them.

Because his training and skill set is outside the box and new.

The old generations are jealous and always shit on the newer generations. Same goes for all other sports and everything else, like music.

Yeah but allot of new music is shit , so your point is invalid.

Thanks for playing though...

PicsArt_12-10-09.14.16.png

I mean even a casual can see that this guy is something special,so its def some other bullshit than the truth.

Back