Why do Freddie Roach and Joel Diaz think Lomachenko is nothing special and boring?

I like Roach but he really does say a lot of garbage. Loma is the kid on the block and all the old boxing dinosaurs hate it.

I like Roach but he really does say a lot of garbage. Loma is the kid on the block and all the old boxing dinosaurs hate it.
Lomas fairly unproven.
2 of his better wins are against inactive fighters moving up in weight, and he has a loss on his short resume.
Crawford and spence are the kids on the block right now.

Lomas fairly unproven.
2 of his better wins are against inactive fighters moving up in weight, and he has a loss on his short resume.
Crawford and spence are the kids on the block right now.
Loma vs Crawford is the fight to make 4 sure.!
I don't care about the loss on his record, everybody is so fixated about the infamous "0" due to the Floyd Mayweather era, back in the day nobody gave a fuck if you had some losses on your record

Loma vs Crawford is the fight to make 4 sure.!
I don't care about the loss on his record, everybody is so fixated about the infamous "0" due to the Floyd Mayweather era, back in the day nobody gave a fuck if you had some losses on your record
I dont have a problem with losses, i have a problem with pretending a guy that has lost to a salido deserves to be held in the same light as the wards, floyds, and crawfords who were good enough to adapt and overcome all.

I dont have a problem with losses, i have a problem with pretending a guy that has lost to a salido deserves to be held in the same light as the wards, floyds, and crawfords who were good enough to adapt and overcome all.
I see where you're coming from, and I'm not makin excuses BUT is was he's second pro fight, I'm sure if they have a rematch he will destroy Salito like everybody else he's faced. But I think Loma needs to conquer some upper weight classes and be a multiple weight champion before he can be considered a all time great, he's legacy is only getting started

Roach also said the Rigondeaux is the greatest boxing talent he has ever seen, so i don't understand.

This isn't the first time that Roach and boxing experts shit on the hot new fighter.

Loma might be scared to kill a guy? I noticed he throws mostly pitty pat punches with no sauce on it.

I want him to put some more sauce on his punches and really wobble guys, he has the IT factor he just needs to destroy guys like Prince Naseem and Manny Pacquiao did which made them famous, I think Loma can do it, I mean he knocked out that Rocky guy for the title with some vicious shots.

Maybe he is saving his power for the right guy? he doesn't want guys to think he punches hard so he can shock them, Id imagine he would throw power on someone like Gervonta tank davis.

You're smarter than you look.

Lomachenko doesn't often turn up the gears. You often have the feeling that he could be giving more of himself in the fight, and then the showboating when he's coasting makes it more frustrating to watch. Plus most of his shots he lands are pitty pat type set-up punches. All of his fights since Salido have basically played out the same way with a single tempo throughout.

I don't think he's boring but I can see why someone would. Unless he's in with someone who can challenge him then it's not going to be must-watch sports entertainment.
I think this is basically what it comes down to. Lomachenko is brilliant, but one sometimes gets the impression that he only works in one tempo. There are no discernible obstacles, no 'beginning, middle, and end'—so that the viewer can watch him work through problems or adapt in fights. This is likely due to his being that good, but as far as fights go, there is not as much by way of drama. And we all know that boxing is about big drama show.

It would be like watching a Superman movie except without kryptonite. It would get pretty boring pretty quickly.

Theyre lying.

Most clowns have lesser boxing skills, though.

Loma is like the modern version of Prince Naseem, people really seem to hate on him for his antics/style and say he's gonna get beat up as soon as he steps up and fights someone (like Garcia)

I understand, he's a genius but repetition beckons boredom.

Outside of a boxing ring, there's no way I'll deny it. They are fucking scary.
18420920170911110118.gif

He's "boring" to some because he's fighting guys with no shot. Its not fun to watch a fight with 0 chance of upset. Not one guy he's fought has looked that good coming into a fight with Lomachenko.

He's "boring" to some because he's fighting guys with no shot. Its not fun to watch a fight with 0 chance of upset. Not one guy he's fought has looked that good coming into a fight with Lomachenko.

The most competitive fight was with dirty cheating overweight Orlando salido, but loma was actually coming back at the end, id love to see him in there with another hardnosed pressure fighter like salido and see how he does, he will probabaly have to throw more power to keep them at bay.

Back