Why being a Dutch MMA/UFC fan sucks.

Turkey and the Netherlands have tension? Something I also had no idea about..
I think just about every West European nationality and the Turks have tension nowadays. Is normal.

Honestly who gives a f*ck where a fighter is from?

i am dutch aswell but i honestly dont care to much for Overeem and Struve. When Overeem fought Arlovski in Ahoy i was one of the few inside the building who was rooting for my boy Arlovski. same with Struve - Arlovski fight.

i prefer many Heavyweights above those two altho i somewhat hope Overeem wins his upcoming fight.

and dutch nationality? what does that mean nowadays anyway? the way we are going we have no culture of our own left well before there is a dutch ufc champion.

Last edited:
I used to date a Dutch girl who wore inflatable shoes.

Until she popped her clogs.

I miss her, she'd always pay half on every date.

Basically Dutch genes getting fucked up because of an island.

58010_700b.jpg
<{you!}>

Meh, just meh

Last edited:
I don't know WTF was up with GDR. Seeing how well Holly did vs Cyborg, I think she would do well and that her skill set would match up nicely. Cyborg seems to have turned from being way better in all areas than other women to getting out wrestled by both boxer Holly and can Kunitskaya. GDR is supposed to be the best striker in WMMA, and her TDD is good enough to atlast keep it standing and turn it in to a kick boxing match.

Considering that Holland is such a small country, the number of amazing fighters it has produced is insane.
Imagine being a fan from Spain, Italy or Germany.

K1 was basically a competition between dutch kickboxers, and there are also a lot of dutch legends in mma.
I don't know how you can't be proud of a guy like Overeem, he won everything besides that UFC belt.

At least you got Mousasi, Overeem and Rutten.

I'm British we got Bisping and Hardy - not exactly as good.

Dutch combat sports are extremely developed for decades it's not gonna be surprise when we will see new star from Netherlands . By the way don't sleep on Mousasi even considering he sleeps everytime . He is going to make some noise , yes that's possible even outside UFC trust me .

I don't know WTF was up with GDR. Seeing how well Holly did vs Cyborg, I think she would do well and that her skill set would match up nicely. Cyborg seems to have turned from being way better in all areas than other women to getting out wrestled by both boxer Holly and can Kunitskaya. GDR is supposed to be the best striker in WMMA, and her TDD is good enough to atlast keep it standing and turn it in to a kick boxing match.
I honestly believe she can beat Cyborg. She is a muay thai legend, Jorina beat Cyborg in muay thai and GDR is better than Jorina. With a good TDD she can win, too bad she didn't want to see that...

Maya Dutch should also say something about this thread
pYZNJJv.gif

What about Semmy Schilt? The dude ruled K1 for a long time. Had sort of a meh career in MMA though.

That's actually a pretty decent output of high level fighters for a small country of about 15 mil people.

Canada has more than double that population, yet all we have is:

1. GSP
2. Rory

3. Patrick Cote

You forgot about Shawn "Pain" Peters, mother fucker!

Back