Why being a Dutch MMA/UFC fan sucks.

Grijswaarde

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Bas Rutten
Our only male UFC champ to date. Yes he was a great fighter and is a legend, but his succes was in a time where basically nobody watched MMA (i didn't) and pole vault was a bigger sport.. to just name a random one.

Antoni Hardonk
Had some potential with his devastating legkicks, but got KO'd twice in a row by Kongo and Barry and just decided to quit.

Alistair Overeem
Was once considered almost unbeatable, but that era will always be tainted because of obvious PED use. Then became this 50-50 guy that could be KO'd at any moment in any fight. We almost had a glorious moment when he fought Stipe for the title, but then he got caught again and was done. Also received the most vicious KO of the year by Ngannou.

Stefan Struve
Was one of the most promising young HW fighters about 10 years ago.. even KO'd Stipe, but then failed to get better. Never developed his jab, basically remained the same old Struve while the sport evolved. Will be remembered as a gatekeeper at best.

Germaine de Randamie
One of the best female kickboxers in the world, legit AF, actually won a title, but the fight was tainted with after the bell striking and then completely washed away by refusing to fight Cyborg. Basically just a fighter to be ashamed of.

Gegard Mousasi
One of the best fighters of this time. Was on his way to become a true champ... left UFC.

Gokhan Saki
I guess our only last hope, but has huge cardio issues that will probably not be fixed. Also will be demolished by the first good wrestler he faces without a doubt.

Bonus: Saki, even though living in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, decides to fight for Turkey since we have tensions between our countries.

Must be great to be American i guess, you can even choose a fighter you like or dislike. All we have is this list.

Big pro of being Dutch = having nice girls and superior genetics... by which i mean nice girls.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Just forget nationalism and grow up. Like who you like and stop limiting yourself

Post more women btw. This thread has potential to be special

Not to mention when the UFC actually decides to have a show in Holland, 90% of the card is Russians

Superior genetics? By what meteric, height?

Too many great Dutch kickboxers to mention. But I'd be ashamed of GDR too.

I am from Englandistan and we have bad teeth and Michael bisping, who has excellent teeth thanks to American imperialism.

That's actually a pretty decent output of high level fighters for a small country of about 15 mil people.

Canada has more than double that population, yet all we have is:

1. GSP
2. Rory

3. Patrick Cote

The English lay claim to Alistair overeem too and you shall bow to the colonial might of the empire.

Now you know how us Americans felt all those years watching K1.

You realize that you don't just have to root for Dutch fighters right?

The English lay claim to Alistair overeem too and you shall bow to the colonial might of the empire.

You motherfuckers once had a Dutch king.

I believe he was killed or something.. no idea.

Then you ruled 90% of the world.. fair enough.. we traded New York for Suriname though.

Back