Why arent supplements banned?

Creatine is creatine, and it works, but it is not banned. Of course it is synthesized from various compounds.

I can also say that testosterone is cholesterol. LOL

You could say that, and it would be an ignorant and stupid argument.

"Creatine is creatine" - Man you are deep? I think, therefore I am? Descartes would be proud.

"Synthesized from various compounds" - You mean sarcosine and cyanamide?

"Testosterone is cholesterol" - I'm assuming you don't know synthetic testosterone is made from soy and yam isolates.

Grab a chemistry book then come back. There is no justification for ignorance.

fighters would be pissed. Supplements are one of the last viable sponsorships for many fighters because they can do photoshoots and that kinda shit.
Fighters do not have to use supplements to advertise them.

I genuinely didn't know that, in which case this "tainted supplements" excuse is BS & needs to stop being used as a valid excuse. If fighters are putting something into their body they need to be 100% sure it won't affect a test & if it does its their fault.

They don't ban supplements but they recommend against using them and do have a list of high risk ones which have caused issues in the past.

The tainted supplement excuse is more to save face in the public eye. If you claim tainted supplement, you have to provide your sample, where you bought it and USADA has to buy it from the same place. If and only then is it ruled tainted. You still get suspended for having it in your system.

If its anabolic in nature, then it should be ban.

If its anabolic in nature, then it should be ban.

Anabolism (from Greek: ἁνά, "upward" and βάλλειν, "to throw") is the set of metabolic pathways that construct molecules from smaller units.[1] These reactions require energy, known also as an endergonicprocess. One way of categorizing metabolic processes, whether at the cellular, organ or organism level, is as "anabolic" or as "catabolic", which is the opposite and thus the separation of a macromolecule. Anabolism is powered by catabolism, where large molecules are broken down into smaller parts and then used up in cellular respiration. Many anabolic processes are powered by the hydrolysis of adenosine triphosphate (ATP).[2]

Yesterdays legal supplement is todays illegal PED. Most of the failures today are due to tainted supplements. So....why not ban all supplements?

Why is a tainted supplement any different than a plain supplement?

Hgh increases your performance and is therefore a PED. Supplements increase your performance....but they are not PEDs...makes no sense to me.
let me explain it the way @dimspace explained it to me once (though i'm sure i'll butcher the details).

some supplements have the 3rd party testing, infrastructure and financial backing to create non tainted supplements. WME even owns one company i believe he said.

if fighters used those supplements - and they know which ones they are - they have a 0.01% chance of ever testing positive.

instead, they choose to buy and use supplements called something like "ALL NATURAL Testosterone Boost XTREME!", made in Bangladesh, which has no banned substances on the label but works fucking GREAT!!! and then they plead willful ignorance when why they test +.

TLDR: fighters know which supplements to take for clean results. they often choose to take other supplements, for a variety of reasons.

Cause it’s multi billion dollar industry. Americans love making dat tainted money

You could say that, and it would be an ignorant and stupid argument.

"Creatine is creatine" - Man you are deep? I think, therefore I am? Descartes would be proud.

"Synthesized from various compounds" - You mean sarcosine and cyanamide?

"Testosterone is cholesterol" - I'm assuming you don't know synthetic testosterone is made from soy and yam isolates.

Grab a chemistry book then come back. There is no justification for ignorance.
Dude, what are you going on about?

Cholesterol is converted to testosterone. This is the truth. LOL

Yesterdays legal supplement is todays illegal PED. Most of the failures today are due to tainted supplements. So....why not ban all supplements?

There are supplements, and then there are "supplements"

A supplement in its true form is a "dietary supplement".. things that supplement your body with things you may be missing in your diet. maybe you need more protein, maybe you arent absorbing enough vitamin b, maybe an active lifestyle means you are burning off more carbohydrate than you are consuming..

so you take dietary supplements to "supplement your diet"

the amount of athletes testing positive due to dietary supplements is approximately, absolutely bugger all...

Then there are "supplements".. products that supplement your diet with, growth hormone, testosterone, etc.. these are not dietary supplements, they are supplements designed to build muscle, to cut fat, to shift water, and unsurprisingly, a large percentage of them contain prohibited substances, either intentionally and listed on the ingredients or "accidentally"/...

Dude, what are you going on about?

Cholesterol is converted to testosterone. This is the truth. LOL

Again, you don't understand chemistry.

Cholesterol produced in the body is a precursor for sex hormones, including testosterone. Lutenizing hormone triggers the testicular leydig cells to create testosterone from lipid molecules. But this has nothing to do with analogizing supplements with steroids. Cholesterol is a sterol or modified steroid.

Mk677 is banned and it has no detrimental side effects. Its worst side effect is slight reduction in insulin sensitivity, and the healing potential it has for your joints and bone tissue far outweigh the risks.

mk677 is still in clinical trials, so claiming it has no detrimental side effects is utterly false in that its still in trials...

Again, you don't understand chemistry.
Cholesterol produced in the body is a precursor for sex hormones, including testosterone. Lutenizing hormone triggers the testicular leydig cells to create testosterone from lipid molecules. But this has nothing to do with analogizing supplements with steroids. Cholesterol is a sterol or modified steroid.
I am very well aware of the Cholesterol pathway. I need to know it like the back of my hand to do well on the USMLE Step 1 exam.

90% of supplements are a scam. And the ones that really work are banned.

Mk677 is banned and it has no detrimental side effects. Its worst side effect is slight reduction in insulin sensitivity, and the healing potential it has for your joints and bone tissue far outweigh the risks.

If they really cared a lot about the athlete's health, they would just ban combat sports considering getting hit in the head over and over is a lot worse than any side effect a ped can give you

Claims no detrimental side effects
Proceeds to name detrimental side effect
smh

The health risks play a part, but the fact that these substances allow by far the easiest advantage in strength, recovery, stamina, etc. that go beyond an athlete's own unique characteristics are the main reason they are banned.

Strength training gives a lot of benefits as well. The reason why it is allowed is because everyone can do strength training, without sacrificing their long term health. Ditto for a healthy diet. PEDs are not allowed because it forces people to chose between performing at the highest levels and risking their long term health.

Strength training gives a lot of benefits as well. The reason why it is allowed is because everyone can do strength training, without sacrificing their long term health. Ditto for a healthy diet. PEDs are not allowed because it forces people to chose between performing at the highest levels and risking their long term health.

There are several things that are legal that are a potential risk to your long term health as well. PED's provide a much quicker and much easier way to gain an advantage than things like strength training do, which in a lot of people's minds is almost like using a cheat code of sorts when it comes to one's natural athletic ability, thus they are banned. Plus they provide a way of performing that often goes beyond what any normal amount of training can do for your body. How do you not get this?

Their health risks are also greatly exaggerated, I'd say. Plenty of people who use steroids and other kind of PED's do not suffer health hazards, especially if they're responsible enough to know how to use it instead of abuse it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back