Why arent supplements banned?

?

That's exactly how they decide what is and is not banned. What are you on about?

The health risks play a part, but the fact that these substances allow by far the easiest advantage in strength, recovery, stamina, etc. that go beyond an athlete's own unique characteristics are the main reason they are banned.

Nothing wrong with supplements, if they're needed. For guys lifting weights/gaining muscle, drinking a protein shake can be far more convenient than consuming extra portions of food for example.

Yesterdays legal supplement is todays illegal PED. Most of the failures today are due to tainted supplements. So....why not ban all supplements?

Why is a tainted supplement any different than a plain supplement?

Hgh increases your performance and is therefore a PED. Supplements increase your performance....but they are not PEDs...makes no sense to me.
U make no sense. How are u going to ban supplements? How would that ban list look like? Atheleats should bot be able to have nutrions in their bodys? If a atheleat has vitamin c, sink, iron, carbs etc in their bodys they fail? 99% of supplements are nutrions from foods we eat, the other 1% thats chemical preformance enhancing compounds is banned. U trolling?

Supplements are total bullshit. No one needs a fucking supplement if youre eating regular nutritious meals. No pro athlete should be deficient in that regard. They are pure snake oil. When people go to get supplements, what theyre really looking for is steroids, knowingly or unknowingly. They think supplements are a magic dose of powder that get them fucking jacked and perform like beasts. How is that different than steroids? But its seen as an alternative to steroids because its legal. However they dont work like that, unless theyre being spiked with actual fucking steroids. Athletes use them to scapegoat if/when they get caught while cycling steroids. Or to get sponsorship money. I cant imagine many at this level actually think you need supplements or that theyre worth any miniscule beneftis they may provide.
Do you even know the meaning of the word «supplement»? Offcours it works, just like regular foods work. Since when didnt nutrions work? Thers no magic going on with supplements thats approoved anyways.

Yesterdays legal supplement is todays illegal PED. Most of the failures today are due to tainted supplements. So....why not ban all supplements?

Hgh increases your performance and is therefore a PED. Supplements increase your performance....but they are not PEDs...makes no sense to me.

Supplements don’t work... unless tainted.

Do you even know the meaning of the word «supplement»? Offcours it works, just like regular foods work. Since when didnt nutrions work? Thers no magic going on with supplements thats approoved anyways.

There’s a good thread about supplement BS in the nutrition thread.

There’s a good reason that supplements carry a no substitute for a balanced diet warning.

Only shit that works is protein and creatine, maybe BCAA. The rest is bullshit.

USADA actually recommends you not use supplements at all.

Despite common belief, there aren't any "approved" USADA supplements.

I genuinely didn't know that, in which case this "tainted supplements" excuse is BS & needs to stop being used as a valid excuse. If fighters are putting something into their body they need to be 100% sure it won't affect a test & if it does its their fault.

Ban protein shakes. And chicken breast, while you're at it, just to err on the safe side.

Supplements are total bullshit. No one needs a fucking supplement if youre eating regular nutritious meals. No pro athlete should be deficient in that regard. They are pure snake oil. When people go to get supplements, what theyre really looking for is steroids, knowingly or unknowingly. They think supplements are a magic dose of powder that get them fucking jacked and perform like beasts. How is that different than steroids? But its seen as an alternative to steroids because its legal. However they dont work like that, unless theyre being spiked with actual fucking steroids. Athletes use them to scapegoat if/when they get caught while cycling steroids. Or to get sponsorship money. I cant imagine many at this level actually think you need supplements or that theyre worth any miniscule beneftis they may provide.

Stop. If I need a certain amount of protein / carbs per day I'm gonna use supplements to make it easier instead of spending half my day eating or cooking. You're also not thinking about how many calories a pro athlete, in this case MMA, burns per day in training. Supplements are great for that those reasons.

lol at snake oil.

Creatine is a combination of three amino acids: glycine, arginine and methionine.

If you can't tell the difference between steroids, which are usually synthetic hormones, and supplements, like whey or creatine, then nobody can help you.
Creatine is creatine, and it works, but it is not banned. Of course it is synthesized from various compounds.

I can also say that testosterone is cholesterol. LOL

U make no sense. How are u going to ban supplements? How would that ban list look like? Atheleats should bot be able to have nutrions in their bodys? If a atheleat has vitamin c, sink, iron, carbs etc in their bodys they fail? 99% of supplements are nutrions from foods we eat, the other 1% thats chemical preformance enhancing compounds is banned. U trolling?

I actually dont have any power to ban anything. So everyone can stay calm

they need an excuse for fighters they want to escape USADA punishement

I actually dont have any power to ban anything. So everyone can stay calm
Ha ha, true. USADA cant ban nutrions man, that would be insane. All this other lab stuff that dosnt occour in nature USADA have on their ban list.

supplements help a little and are legal for everyone. roids help massively and are illegal.

Back