Why arent supplements banned?

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Yesterdays legal supplement is todays illegal PED. Most of the failures today are due to tainted supplements. So....why not ban all supplements?

Why is a tainted supplement any different than a plain supplement?

Hgh increases your performance and is therefore a PED. Supplements increase your performance....but they are not PEDs...makes no sense to me.

USADA actually recommends you not use supplements at all.

Despite common belief, there aren't any "approved" USADA supplements.

Well they have to offload all that leftover Xyience somehow.

yeah, just eat broccoli and drink a lil piss once in a while.
That should do it.

hqdefault.jpg

fighters would be pissed. Supplements are one of the last viable sponsorships for many fighters because they can do photoshoots and that kinda shit.

Do you want Whey Protein banned?

a multivitamin is a supplement.

i'm really surprised the ufc doesnt sell its own line of USDA-acceptable supplements, though.

Yesterdays legal supplement is todays illegal PED. Most of the failures today are due to tainted supplements. So....why not ban all supplements?

Why is a tainted supplement any different than a plain supplement?

Hgh increases your performance and is therefore a PED. Supplements increase your performance....but they are not PEDs...makes no sense to me.

PEDs are banned (in theory) based on their associated risks, not their associated benefits. If something improves your performance and doesn't hurt you, that's a level playing field. Everyone can use it. If it destroys your heart and liver, it forces fighters to choose between dying before 50 and being beaten senseless by guys who don't mind dying before 50.

MM knows whats up. I heard he doesnt even use them

90% of supplements are a scam. And the ones that really work are banned.

PEDs are banned (in theory) based on their associated risks, not their associated benefits. If something improves your performance and doesn't hurt you, that's a level playing field. Everyone can use it. If it destroys your heart and liver, it forces fighters to choose between dying before 50 and being beaten senseless by guys who don't mind dying before 50.

Mk677 is banned and it has no detrimental side effects. Its worst side effect is slight reduction in insulin sensitivity, and the healing potential it has for your joints and bone tissue far outweigh the risks.

If they really cared a lot about the athlete's health, they would just ban combat sports considering getting hit in the head over and over is a lot worse than any side effect a ped can give you

Last edited:
Most legitimate supplements will ensure they are tested for banned substances and guaranteed safe for professional sports.

Supplements are total bullshit. No one needs a fucking supplement if youre eating regular nutritious meals. No pro athlete should be deficient in that regard. They are pure snake oil. When people go to get supplements, what theyre really looking for is steroids, knowingly or unknowingly. They think supplements are a magic dose of powder that get them fucking jacked and perform like beasts. How is that different than steroids? But its seen as an alternative to steroids because its legal. However they dont work like that, unless theyre being spiked with actual fucking steroids. Athletes use them to scapegoat if/when they get caught while cycling steroids. Or to get sponsorship money. I cant imagine many at this level actually think you need supplements or that theyre worth any miniscule beneftis they may provide.

Thank you...mma has had a few premature deaths already : (

This.

Even some of the ones that don't do shit are banned, like DHEA, which is what Machida popped for.
(he told them he was taking it not knowing it was banned as I recall)

Only thing i want banned is WEIGHT CUTTING.

Mk677 is banned and it has no detrimental side effects. Its worst side effect is slight reduction in insulin sensitivity, and the healing potential it has for your joints and bone tissue far outweigh the risks.

If they really cared a lot about the athlete's health, they would just ban combat sports considering getting hit in the head over and over is a lot worse than any side effect a ped can give you

Thats that injury healing gh peptide right?

If so, that stuff is great for injuries. Defitnely not harmful, seen bloodwork after guys ran that stuff at high dosages for like 8 months to a year.

You guys are fat as hell

why are you talking about this stuff

please stop embarrassing yourselves

Back