Why are we talking about social welfare when corporate welfare is by far our biggest cost?

Typical idiot response. Our corporations are taxed way too high. Even with reform they are unjustly taken advantage of.

"Oh will someone PLEASE think of the corporations?????"

giphy.webp

Typical idiot response. Our corporations are taxed way too high. Even with reform they are unjustly taken advantage of.

If our corporations are taxed too high why did they have the best year ever last year before there were any tax cuts?

While the rate was set higher than most countries, the effective tax rates our corporations paid last years was actually below the world average due to deductions and subsidies.

Taking our own advice is often the hardest.

That may be true for you, but you're likely retarded so I'm not surprised.

I see you have no knowledge to debate the fact I stated. Typical lefty.

Taking our own advice is often the hardest.

I forgot to mention, I've paid more in taxes then you'll earn in your lifetime. If you go learn a skill and get a job you'll be less tempted to argue that worthless people aren't worthless. Hint- that's a foolish argument.

Keep it up, you'll get there.

Corporate welfare generally takes the form of deductitions and other incentives targetted at specific industries, but of course there are direct grants of capital as well.

Basically, some companies skirt around taxes other similar companies in different industries and individuals are required to pay.

It's lost revenue rather than direct expenditures that costs us trillions.
Which in turn forces federal, state, and local governments to recoup that lost revenue in the form of various fees and taxes on the majority.

I forgot to mention, I've paid more in taxes then you'll earn in your lifetime. If you go learn a skill and get a job you'll be less tempted to argue that worthless people aren't worthless. Hint- that's a foolish argument.

Keep it up, you'll get there.

Got a big fat boner for me already? Grab a ticket and wait in line.

*than

Social welfare also stimulates the economy, because poor people are spending money.

Reason American critics ignore corporate welfare is because poor people are an easy target. Rich people have media and politicians on their side. Social Darwinism is also a popular sentiment on the right. Most critics of welfare are conservative, and conservatives are corporate friendly.

Another reason is race; critics of welfare are predominantly on the right, with the caricature of the Black welfare mom with numerous kids being a trope conservatives have used for political gain.

Thread should've ended here.

But of course Trumpers had to come tell us "if they can't support themselves too bad, no handouts!" while ignoring every post that asks "why shouldn't we say the same to corporations?"

Trump supporters being spineless hypocrites is now as reliable an expectation as the sun rising.

I’m cooking in my own 2700 sq ft House I owe 286k on. I’m gonna grill the steak outside though prob make some spinach inside.

Picture of the bull that is going to plow your gal or it didn't happen.

I’m cooking in my own 2700 sq ft House I owe 286k on. I’m gonna grill the steak outside though prob make some spinach inside.
I hear all the top chefs nowadays recommend grilling inside, if you want that perfect steak, bro.

A good, brief summary article in the OP

I guess before I can engage in this discussion definitions of corporate and social welfare may need a bit of specificity in their definitions.
-Are govt incentives to corporations and subsidies for agriculture, green energy, and automobile industries part of this corporate welfare definition, or are we only discussing the recent tax cuts?

-Does social welfare include only SNAP, TANF, housing assistance, and cash assistance to needy families, or are we also including medicaid and EITC/"Negative Income Tax" costs?

I'll say this;
-farm subsidies do need to be restructured... corn syrup, soy, and other items are more of a health detriment than anything else to society.(esp. healthcare)
-corporate incentives by state gov'ts and municipalities *can* be beneficial if restructured to include wage growth and bi-annual job training(to keep up with current needed skills) as opposed to just tax breaks on shear job numbers.
--tax havens are legal; maintaining a non-competitive corporate tax rate(even if the effective tax rate is much less for these corporations) will only keep that money out of the U.S.

The truth is "Social welfare"(~$770B) is over 2x more costly than "corporate welfare"(~$300B)
--While both need to be discussed; healthcare and entitlements are where all of congress needs to focus and sort out a solid plan...
---excess spending in defense should be tapered, and geared toward significant education reform and dare I say subsidies to State Universities > cheaper but quality public education.

Murkans love corporate cack and are brainwashed to worship anyone who has money.

Which is why they hypocritically want to end 100$ to a struggling mom with 3 kids but would be happy giving $100,000 to some CEO and watch him wipe his arse with it.

Murkans love corporate cack and are brainwashed to worship anyone who has money.

Which is why they hypocritically want to end 100$ to a struggling mom with 3 kids but would be happy giving $100,000 to some CEO and watch him wipe his arse with it.
Nobody "loves" it.
Some of us just don't see the sense in spending our lives being angry that rich and successful people are rich and successful.

Nobody "loves" it.
Some of us just don't see the sense in spending our lives being angry that rich and successful people are rich and successful.

We've already established youre the grandmaster Cuck Sean-o.

Back