Why are people getting injured/ missing fights so much more now than before??

USADA, banning of IV use to rehydrate, UFC medical benefits and a bit more money. Its not worth it to kill yourself to make weight and fight a lot less then 100% anymore.

If the UFC would have USADA implement a multiple weigh in system we would see fighters simply fight at a weight class higher. Everyone cuts so for the most part they all weigh within a small range of their opponent in cage. If all fighters were limited to weighing X% over the limit for the 6-8 weeks prior to their fight then all fighters move up 1 class. Simple concept. Weigh in 3 times at a specific Dr's office during camp. Also be randomly weighed at any time by USADA up to 3 times during camp. Penalize 10% of your purse each time you miss. 6 weigh ins = 60% of your pay gone if you are planning on pushing your weight to the limits like they do now. Take away the incentive to dramatically cut.

Last time i checked fighters are pulling out before the fight not after

People are stupid to blame usada. They dont cause injury to the fighters

Because back in the day fighters were tough. Now we live in a generation of pussies.

5d6.jpg
Frye was a beast back in the day.

It's happening WAY too often. And at the most pivitol times too. Week of the fight, before weigh ins or even after weigh ins.

They need the P.I genius to start studying this. Is it weight cutting, diet, anxiety.

Fuck off with this USDA shit, people have been pulling out of fights way before USDA came around from injury. It might be more noticeable from having more weak cards with not many name fighters to move things around but it happens all the time.

USADA.

Performance enhancers aren't just to gain more muscle, but it's also for things like pain relief and recovery. Can't do that shit anymore.

This card is getting screwed up because I’m going to STL to watch it live. Sorry guys, that’s my luck.

A big reason why I’m driving 5 hours to go watch it was for Vitor. Oh well..... should still be a good time.

Fuck off with this USDA shit, people have been pulling out of fights way before USDA came around from injury. It might be more noticeable from having more weak cards with not many name fighters to move things around but it happens all the time.
usda-approved.png

I think it's very much accepted these days, making it no big deal to pull out. Kind of like a divorce--once everyone is doing it--it's not a biggie, but back in the day it was just out of the question.

They don’t make fighters like they used to. These guys are athletes trying to make a living while minimizing the risk of damage to themselves and their careers. There not exactly like the old school boys who were fighting for pennies and respect lol.

The old school boys had the luxury of having steroids ooze out of their body...

U mm
S urely there's
A
D efinitive
A nswer

It's to the point now where I don't really get excited for a good fight card, because I know that by fight night,1 or 2 of the fights are gonna be pulled for one reason or another.

This shit never used to happen back in the day.

Why are people getting injured so much now, compared to before....

Cause the UFC provides health insurance. Prior to this, fighters would need to fight to find their medical bills.

LOL no they most certainly fought for the Money!!! That Yakuza money was legit.

I remember talking on a uk mma forum back in the day, if I remember rightly fucking James Thompson was rumored to be making $75k/$75k back in the day. Maybe I’m making those numbers up, but I remember them being proper mind blowing.

If you got injured like 10 years ago you might not get on a card for a while. No fight no pay.

Nowadays you pull out from one event and you can get on like 5 different ones in 2 months.

USADA aside... I suspect more guys fought thru injuries back then that would “force” guys to pull out in this era with the same injury.

Back