Whose the biggest PPV draw in the UFC? Aside from Conor & Izzy

Please use the enter button to space out your paragraphs. Otherwise it is difficult to read.

550k is is massive average. Like what? I don’t think you even know what constitutes a good PPV buys if you are saying only 550k like it’s weak

Keep living in delusion if you want. I will continue to engage in reality
never said they are weak. i said the UFC has no star and his numbers arent much different than any other headling champ.
considering the yearly average ppv buy since 2006 is 499k id say that 550k is around average and isnt great like you claim.
you got any actual facts with numbers to back up any claim you make? using disclosed numbers like i did with izzy, usman has a higher ppv draw than izzy, as he averages over 800k ppv buys. that is a great number....

Last edited:
Not seeing anyone close to a Conor/Ronda level

But still intreresting to talk who the biggest names are

* Jon
* Izzy (he now has 8.5M insta followers, more than Jon)
* Strickland does a lot of media and his pressers will draw attention
* O'Malley also does a lot of media
* Perieira will get attention for doing multiple weight classes
* Islam of course
* Khamzat
* A Masvidal return will be big
* Paddy - (Sure there's doubts if he can do well in the top. But remember how people doubted O'Malley)
* Colby - even if he had a bad performance in the ring last time his shit talking will continue to grab attention
* Maybe Aspinall can become somewhat big on like a Stipe level - assuming there are some big name opponents at HW

In many cases there will not be one individual who always sells well consistently - but it's often based on matchups. Pereira has many potential matchups with big names

WHO then? (Besides Conor and Jon)

You can argue no one is a PPV star, but then let's rephrase and just talk about the biggest sellers

If we look for events selling at least 400K since UFC200, and remove all the Conor-events we're stuck with just 18 events
View attachment 1022146

So there are only 11 currently active fighters on that list of headliners.

Looking for the biggest seller besides Jon it's basically down to Colby, Izzy or Oliviera
Boy, this annihilates the common Sherdog narrative that no one likes WMMA, and that it doesn't make money. Filling the number 2 and 3 spot with 1 million plus.

Ronda was WAY more popular than Jones ever was, she was #2 to Conor when she was fighting.

never said they are weak. i said the UFC has no star and his numbers arent much different than any other headling champ.
considering the yearly average ppv buy since 2006 is 499k id say that 550k is around average and isnt great like you claim.
you got any actual facts with numbers to back up any claim you make? great numbers are numbers drastically higher than 500k. usman has a higher ppv draw than izzy. usman is a bigger star.
Izzy fans just can’t afford PPVs between their Disney + memberships and the price of legos

Izzy fans just can’t afford PPVs between their Disney + memberships and the price of legos
At least Legos are a productive thing for a developing mind. To be honest, I am really glad they spend their allowance on something like that than human cockfighting events or cartoons with tentacles in them.

Khamzat

Paddy

Watch the crowd's reaction anytime these two enter the arena.

izzy isnt a ppv star lol. he has one ppv over 700k buys that didnt have numerous title fights on it. he cannot hold his own on a PPV. he needs other stars to boost numbers. hell his biggest ppv draw of 800k had 3 title fights on it. so it wasnt just him getting that nmber so high.

You people are severely deluded about what a "PPV draw" is in the modern combats sports landscape.

Canelo has only hit above the 7-800K threshold for a handful of special attraction fights in his career (Mayweather, Chavez Jr, GGG 1), but he is the undisputed North American PPV king in boxing.

Guys like Izzy and Jones would be considered draws for their average PPV buys if they were contemporary boxers, but among MMA fans, they get zero credit because the UFC has conditioned its fanbase into thinking a fighter isn't a real draw if they're not as famous as Conor.

This is just more propaganda to justify the obscenely low pay.

At least Legos are a productive thing for a developing mind. To be honest, I am really glad they spend their allowance on something like that than human cockfighting events or cartoons with tentacles in them.
User name checks out

Conor is special because he's hilarious. Izzy is not funny at all, comes off as a total asshole. Nobody is funny and totally quotable like Conor.
Conor hasn't been funny since he lost to Nate. He has just been a try hard since then

You people are severely deluded about what a "PPV draw" is in the modern combats sports landscape.

Canelo has only hit above the 7-800K threshold for a handful of special attraction fights in his career (Mayweather, Chavez Jr, GGG 1), but he is the undisputed North American PPV king in boxing.

Guys like Izzy and Jones would be considered draws for their average PPV buys if they were contemporary boxers, but among MMA fans, they get zero credit because the UFC has conditioned its fanbase into thinking a fighter isn't a real draw if they're not as famous as Conor.

This is just more propaganda to justify the obscenely low pay.
Its so fucking stupid to compare PPV buys in boxing and UFC. Boxing only releases USA only PPV buys. UFC does world wide. Canelo's world wide PPVs are way higher

Instagram:
McGregor 47.3 million
Adesanya 8.5 million
Jones 8.2 million
Islam 8.1 million
Chimaev 7.5 million
Oliveira 7.2 million
Poirier 4.5 million
O'Malley 3.9 million
Paddy the Baddy 2.8 million
Shevchenko 2.7 million
Holly Holm 2.5 million.
Amanda Ribas 2.5 million
Namajunas 2.3 million
Moreno 2.2 million
Gaethje 2.1 million
Poatan 2.1 million
Topuria 2.1 million
Tate 2 million

Instagram isn't a perfect measure but it probably gives us some good insight.

Izzy is wildly unpopular. If he never fought again no one would care

I don’t know but for me I’d pay to watch

Holloway ( more than anyone)
Gaethe
Oliviera
O’Malley
Pantoja
Rachmanov
Edwards
Grasso
Schevchenko
Zhang
Xiaonan

izzy isnt a ppv star lol. he has one ppv over 700k buys that didnt have numerous title fights on it. he cannot hold his own on a PPV. he needs other stars to boost numbers. hell his biggest ppv draw of 800k had 3 title fights on it. so it wasnt just him getting that nmber so high.

700k is pretty good, comparable to Jones.

We are in a transitional period. If Shavkat or Khamzat win a belt and defend it, I think they will do big numbers. If Leon stays champion or Belal wins the title, their ppv numbers will be mediocre. If Sean O'Malley is able to defend a couple of times he will be the first draw at bantamweight. If Islam keeps winning he will be at least Khabib level of a draw. If Pereira can hold onto the belt he will be a decent draw. If Aspinall gets to fight Jones and beats him he will be a good draw for heavyweight.

Pereira is probably a bigger PPV draw than most think. Topuria will be a star if he beats Volk and then Max.
Came here to say Pereira. He's starting to bring Anderson vibes. Would love to see him to come out to DMX No Sunshine

Conor VS Ronda will make more than a million

Seanland VS Discus

Pereira VS

Brock VS Topuria

None of these guys are huge draws by themselves but they have the potential to draw big with the right opponent.

But I agree though Jon Jones and maybe Izzy are one foot out the door.

O'Malley seems rather popular with the younger demographic. Does this translate into a PPV draw? I guess time will only tell. But according to Aljo, his PPV against didn't do so well

i doubt O'Malley's popularity will crossove to PPV buys. his fans are young enough to know how to reliably get access to illegal streams.

Boxer's Instagram:
Canelo Alvarez 16.7 million
Anthony Joshua 16.1 million
Tyson Fury 6.8 million
Gervonta Davis 6.7 million
Deontay Wilder 2.7 million
Usyk 1.9 million
Terence Crawford 1.5 million
Naoya Inoue 1.2 million.
generally speaking, Boxers tend to have fewer Insta followers than MMA fighters.

Back