Whose the biggest PPV draw in the UFC? Aside from Conor & Izzy

Black9

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
All the UFC fighters arguing about them being or becoming bigger PPV stars like O'Malley, Topuria and so forth.
WIth Conor, Izzy on the downslide currently and Jon probably retiring.

Got me thinking, aside from Izzy, Conor and Jon who are probably leaving the UFC soon.

Who do you guys think is the next biggest star in the UFC?

Islam? Oliviera? O'Malley?

izzy isnt a ppv star lol. he has one ppv over 700k buys that didnt have numerous title fights on it. he cannot hold his own on a PPV. he needs other stars to boost numbers. hell his biggest ppv draw of 800k had 3 title fights on it. so it wasnt just him getting that nmber so high.

izzy isnt a ppv star lol. he has one ppv over 700k buys that didnt have numerous title fights on it. he cannot hold his own on a PPV. he needs other stars to boost numbers. hell his biggest ppv draw of 800k had 3 title fights on it. so it wasnt just him getting that nmber so high.
Im almost certain he's the surefire 2nd biggest star in the UFC right now though.

None of these guys are huge draws by themselves but they have the potential to draw big with the right opponent.

But I agree though Jon Jones and maybe Izzy are one foot out the door.

O'Malley seems rather popular with the younger demographic. Does this translate into a PPV draw? I guess time will only tell. But according to Aljo, his PPV against didn't do so well

I don't think the "PPV Draw" exists anymore in the UFC.

They'll have cards that create more buzz and sell better than others, but with Conor essentially cashing out, that's pretty much been it.

As some champs actually put together win streaks, people either want to see them keep winning or lose and that seems to be the only thing that creates additional buys with the exception of talking wild bullshit (Colby - which was marginal really) or piggybacking off a podcast/ talking mad shit (O'Malley). But in O'malley's case, he won the belt, so he's really well positioned provided he can keep winning.

But as far as "stars"? No. The UFC/WME has quelled that nonsense. It's about the UFC now, not the fighters within it.

Currently there's a void.

If one is to believe Purple Pinnochio, then Colby seems to actually drum up decent numbers, due to creating faux beefs, and half the folks tuning in to see him get whooped.

Strickland currently draws huge numbers on many of the video and media sites, so it will be interesting to see what types of numbers he and Dricus do.

Jon has had one fight in almost 4 years, nobody likes Izzy or Sean. My favorite fights are in the LW division as it is so competitive and it’s biggest stars are Islam and Charles .

You are fool. Izzy draws number comparable to Jones. He is a draw

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back