Whose the biggest PPV draw in the UFC? Aside from Conor & Izzy

You are fool. Izzy draws number comparable to Jones. He is a draw
and you are a fanboy of his. in reality 7 of his 11 ppv headlines are undisclosed as they drew such shitty numbers the UFC wont release them. and then again 3 of his other 4 ppv headlines, numeorus title fights took place. 3 title fights on one ppv. spew some actually numbers to back up your opinion. jones averages over 550k ppv buys. izzy is no where near that number as 7 of his 11 ppv are unaccoutned for....

Conor is special because he's hilarious. Izzy is not funny at all, comes off as a total asshole. Nobody is funny and totally quotable like Conor.

and you are a fanboy of his. in reality 7 of his 11 ppv headlines are undisclosed as they drew such shitty numbers the UFC wont release them. and then again 3 of his other 4 ppv headlines, numeorus title fights took place. 3 title fights on one ppv. spew some actually numbers to back up your opinion. jones averages over 550k ppv buys. izzy is no where near that number as 7 of his 11 ppv are unaccoutned for....
Remember this statement you made when court documents disclose his pay then we will know for sure. You don’t know either.

His PPV’s absolutely weren’t hidden because of “poor numbers”. That’s a dumber speculation than the one you’re criticizing about him drawing.

He’s referenced by many as a big drawing star (the UFC, analysts and pundits etc). Supposedly his new contract was a good deal because he draws.

The UFC has said he’s a big draw and they seem to want to get him right back in title fights whenever he loses which tells me he’s likely an asset. So this is probably what sways me the most into thinking he has value there (they want him with the belt).

Conor is special because he's hilarious. Izzy is not funny at all, comes off as a total asshole. Nobody is funny and totally quotable like Conor.
Absolutely, neither Conor or Izzy win much these days but at least Conor is funny!

Im almost certain he's the surefire 2nd biggest star in the UFC right now though.

Remember this statement you made when court documents disclose his pay then we will know for sure. You don’t know either.

His PPV’s absolutely weren’t hidden because of “poor numbers”. That’s a dumber speculation than the one you’re criticizing about him drawing.

He’s referenced by many as a big drawing star (the UFC, analysts and pundits etc). Supposedly his new contract was a good deal because he draws.

The UFC has said he’s a big draw and they seem to want to get him right back in title fights whenever he loses which tells me he’s likely an asset. So this is probably what sways me the most into thinking he has value there (they want him with the belt).

never said he wasnt a star. he is. ppv draws have been steadily decling since 2018. partly due to drastic increases of cost three times in that time period. but when you are averaging 300k ppv a month after a year, anyone who can do better than average is gonna get called up. he is better than average. jones fights like once every 2-3 years at this point in his career. mcgregor still sells even tho he hasnt won a fight in half a decade. no current fighter on the roster is bringing in more than 500k buys on average excpet jones and mcgregor. and they fight once every few years. the ufc currently has no ppv stars that fight consistently. izzy makes them money yeah as he is prob the highest draw for a fighter who fights consistently, doesnt make him a star. ufc star power is low low low right now. they raised the cost of ppvs 3 times in 5 years due to decreasing ppv numbers. they have to recoup that money. they would sideline izzy in a heartbeat for a jones ppv or mcgregor ppv.

Brock Lesnar 100%. he brought in those wrasslin fans and you could tell every event. a different air, more electricity in the room, more excitement and anticipation. he's got to be the other PPV king besides Canner Mcgregory. Izzy, i don't think he's up there, but I could be wrong.

Not seeing anyone close to a Conor/Ronda level

But still intreresting to talk who the biggest names are

* Jon
* Izzy (he now has 8.5M insta followers, more than Jon)
* Strickland does a lot of media and his pressers will draw attention
* O'Malley also does a lot of media
* Perieira will get attention for doing multiple weight classes
* Islam of course
* Khamzat
* A Masvidal return will be big
* Paddy - (Sure there's doubts if he can do well in the top. But remember how people doubted O'Malley)
* Colby - even if he had a bad performance in the ring last time his shit talking will continue to grab attention
* Maybe Aspinall can become somewhat big on like a Stipe level - assuming there are some big name opponents at HW

In many cases there will not be one individual who always sells well consistently - but it's often based on matchups. Pereira has many potential matchups with big names

izzy isnt a ppv star lol. he has one ppv over 700k buys that didnt have numerous title fights on it. he cannot hold his own on a PPV. he needs other stars to boost numbers. hell his biggest ppv draw of 800k had 3 title fights on it. so it wasnt just him getting that nmber so high.
WHO then? (Besides Conor and Jon)

You can argue no one is a PPV star, but then let's rephrase and just talk about the biggest sellers

If we look for events selling at least 400K since UFC200, and remove all the Conor-events we're stuck with just 18 events

(this according to taplogy, don't blame me if they are incorrect)
1704580793858.png

So there are only 11 currently active fighters on that list of headliners.

Looking for the biggest seller besides Jon it's basically down to Colby, Izzy or Oliviera
EDIT: and Usman

Last edited:
Not seeing anyone close to a Conor/Ronda level

But still intreresting to talk who the biggest names are

* Jon
* Izzy (he now has 8.5M insta followers, more than Jon)
* Strickland does a lot of media and his pressers will draw attention
* O'Malley also does a lot of media
* Perieira will get attention for doing multiple weight classes
* Islam of course
* Paddy - sadly yes. (Sure there's doubts if he can actually do well in the top. But remember, people doubted O'Malley too)
* A Masvidal return will be big
* Colby even if he had a bad performance in the ring last time his shit talking will continue to sell for a while longer. Maybe due to lack of other bigger showmen
* Maybe Aspinall can become somewhat big on like a Stipe level - assuming there are some big name opponents at HW

In many cases there will not be one individual who always sells well consistently - but it's often based on matchups. Pereira has many potential matchups with big names

WHO then? (Besides Conor and Jon)

You can argue no one is a PPV star, but then let's rephrase and just talk about the biggest sellers

If we look for events selling at least 400K since UFC200, and remove all the Conor-events we're stuck with just 18 events
View attachment 1022146

So there are only 11 currently active fighters on that list of headliners.

Looking for the biggest seller besides Jon it's basically down to Colby, Izzy or Oliviera
Colby is on that list only once

Usman is on there a few times but you ignore him? Weird..

Why the fuck does this matter lol

Guys guys who has more tickets sold every year in the NHL... Pittsburgh or the Leafs? ...isnt great how much money The NHL makes ...

Like wtf is this shit ....

Its supposed to be about the fights...

All the UFC fighters arguing about them being or becoming bigger PPV stars like O'Malley, Topuria and so forth.
WIth Conor, Izzy on the downslide currently and Jon probably retiring.

Got me thinking, aside from Izzy, Conor and Jon who are probably leaving the UFC soon.

Who do you guys think is the next biggest star in the UFC?

Islam? Oliviera? O'Malley?
1704585907777.png

Yes! Weird he's not mentioned more.
Clearly one of the most hyped - in a way that reaches across to the casual audience.

He's one of the few fighters who I hear my non-MMA-fans talk about in recent years (besides Conor)

Average his known PPV buys and what average do you get?

You’re allowing hatred to blind you to reality.

Check his YouTube Views, his search score, his social media followers and yes his available PPV buys…

If you look at any information available to us and compare him to rest of the roster. It is pretty easy to discern that he is major draw for the UFC.

Average his known PPV buys and what average do you get?

You’re allowing hatred to blind you to reality.

Check his YouTube Views, his search score, his social media followers and yes his available PPV buys…

If you look at any information available to us and compare him to rest of the roster. It is pretty easy to discern that he is major draw for the UFC.
what hate? i like izzy. i purchase his ppv's. everyone i work with has heard of mcgregor and jones despite the fact that nearly all of them dont watch martial arts. hell my 70 year old mother who watches zero sports knows of jon jones thru his legal trouble showcased on TMZ. i have never heard anyone outside of martial arts even speak the name izzy. not one bar in the st louis area purchases an izzy ppv headliner. they always got mcgregor and jones ppvs available tho. here in actually reality he has zero brands he has successfully promoted outside the ring. he does not transcend martial arts. outside of mma he is a nobody and that reflects his ppv selling power. jon jones has a smaller social media presence than izzy and i garuntee you more people know who jon jones is...... his numbers are weak but when you compare him to the rest of the UFC roster and lack of star power he is the best they got. he is no different than any other long term champ. if you average 350k buys and he can give 450k buys then yeah he is a draw. but bring back an actual star that transcends marital arts and they do 3-4 times that..... even using only numbers available he draws 550kish buys. and that leaves out the 7 ppvs they wont give number for. charles oliveria averages nearly the same when headling a ppv and he barely speaks english...... izzy stands at number 5 for worst selling ppv in the UFC modern era.... the UFC currently has no major star. all the champs average around the same level of PPV buys. he prob could get more buys but currently the 9 million 18-30 year olds who flood his social media claiming to be fans cant afford 80 dollars to buy a ppv. using his average ppv buy and his social meida following not even 5% of his followers purchase events. and imma go out on a limb here and say that not everyone who does purchase them follows him on his social media (im one of those who doesnt follow but purchases)

Last edited:
what hate? i like izzy. i purchase his ppv's. everyone i work with has heard of mcgregor and jones despite the fact that nearly all of them dont watch martial arts. hell my 70 year old mother who watches zero sports knows of jon jones thru his legal trouble showcased on TMZ. i have never heard anyone outside of martial arts even speak the name izzy. not one bar in the st louis area purchases an izzy ppv headliner. they always got mcgregor and jones ppvs available tho. here in actually reality he has zero brands he has successfully promoted outside the ring. he does not transcend martial arts. outside of mma he is a nobody and that reflects his ppv selling power. jon jones has a smaller social media presence than izzy and i garuntee you more people know who jon jones is...... his numbers are weak but when you compare him to the rest of the UFC roster and lack of star power he is the best they got. he is no different than any other long term champ. if you average 350k buys and he can give 450k buys then yeah he is a draw. but bring back an actual star that transcends marital arts and they do 3-4 times that..... even using only numbers available he draws 550kish buys. and that leaves out the 7 ppvs they wont give number for. charles oliveria averages nearly the same when headling a ppv...... izzy stands at number 5 for worst selling ppv in the UFC modern era.... the UFC currently has no major star. all the champs average around the same level of PPV buys. he prob could get more buys but currently the 9 million 18-30 year olds who flood his social media claiming to be fans cant afford 100 dollars to buy a ppv. using his average ppv buy and his social meida following not even 5% of his followers purchase events. and imma go out on a limb here and say that not everyone who does purchase them follows him on his social media (im one of those who doesnt follow but purchases)
Please use the enter button to space out your paragraphs. Otherwise it is difficult to read.

550k is is massive average. Like what? I don’t think you even know what constitutes a good PPV buys if you are saying only 550k like it’s weak

HONEST QUESTION: How many people on the 600 man roster do you think are even capable of drawing 550k buys?

Keep living in delusion if you want. I will continue to engage in reality

Back